Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Still have to deal with that but I have a computer problem ATM so have a new computer coming and then I can do a base line on emissions and see where it sits, if it's close I will run the IMO 240 if it's way out I'll probably go the LPG option
Old 02-14-2014, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Build Venom kit - LS1
Not Ranked     

Your photos show side pipes, are they live and acceptable Qld Transport?
Cheers
Old 02-14-2014, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The adr's allow it but apparently the qld transport department has a safety standard that may cause a problem but given that certain production vehicles now have exhaust pipes that exit at the side of the vehicle this qld rule can be challenged.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Still have to deal with that but I have a computer problem ATM so have a new computer coming and then I can do a base line on emissions and see where it sits, if it's close I will run the IMO 240 if it's way out I'll probably go the LPG option
Good luck with it. I hope you can get it through.

Was the polished bodywork a concern?

Cheers

Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
does anyone know what happened to those perth cars? i don't think they could get compliance in the end...I could be wrong.

I am interested in the Kirkham as I am thinking of bringing one in for myself.

Is it worth starting a new thread discussing Kirkham import and compliance?
I first saw these cars about 4 years ago and they were pretty much complete but as of about 6 months ago they still aren't registered.
They wont say why? but if they spent 1/2 the focus on working on them as they do slagging off their local competition they might be a chance.
But seriously, who takes such a magnificent machine and fit's 2nd hand 4.6L Mustang engines in them anyway???
Not that Craig needs any defending on this forum but I think he is quite clear in his literature about the situation with registration on these vehicles.
In my opinion, its doesn't distract from what they are....magnificent works of art.
But a Kirkham thread would be good fun..... or maybe just a picture gallery without any words would work for me....
Gav and Wazza like this.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
have a new computer coming
Why not use one of your Motec ECUs?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cause I'm lazy lol I'd have to change out the plugs and start from scratch on the tune.

I'll see how I go with this and if it's no good then I'll put the motec in it.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
I first saw these cars about 4 years ago and they were pretty much complete but as of about 6 months ago they still aren't registered.
They wont say why? but if they spent 1/2 the focus on working on them as they do slagging off their local competition they might be a chance.
But seriously, who takes such a magnificent machine and fit's 2nd hand 4.6L Mustang engines in them anyway???
Not that Craig needs any defending on this forum but I think he is quite clear in his literature about the situation with registration on these vehicles.
In my opinion, its doesn't distract from what they are....magnificent works of art.
But a Kirkham thread would be good fun..... or maybe just a picture gallery without any words would work for me....
Craig hasn't even got a Kirkham registered there isn't even one of his own cars registered yet.

His literature is all bullsh!t until such time as he has.

His quotes about his specification on a Kirkham for full registration are bullsh!t until he achieves this.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Mr Damage, I spoke with Craig late last year and he assured me that it wouldn't be an issue getting registration in South Australia. The only reason I'm considering a Kirkham is because Bernie Knight had his car built and registered through Craig without any trouble so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem for me. Would this not be correct?
In reading all these threads and posts regarding the fiberglass Pace cars I still find it astounding that so many people have bought the Pace kit without one being registered or at the very least completed.
I'm still waiting to see if it's a case of blind faith or dumb luck.

Regards.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Craig hasn't even got a Kirkham registered there isn't even one of his own cars registered yet.

His literature is all bullsh!t until such time as he has.

His quotes about his specification on a Kirkham for full registration are bullsh!t until he achieves this.
Sorry mate...
I must have missed something....( Not unusual)....
But where does Craig state that he has one registered?

The only quotes that I can see on his site, are about what is "required" for rego.

You really are a Bitc* mate...sick of seeing your endless attack on Craig.

WE GET IT....you're unhappy about how things have gone...

I can only imagine what sort of customer you've been for Craig to deal with....It's doing my head in!

Just get on with your build, and then FFS get in it and drive off.

All my love,
Warren
dc7531, Towmaster, Zedn and 2 others like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Mr Damage, I spoke with Craig late last year and he assured me that it wouldn't be an issue getting registration in South Australia. The only reason I'm considering a Kirkham is because Bernie Knight had his car built and registered through Craig without any trouble so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem for me. Would this not be correct?
In reading all these threads and posts regarding the fiberglass Pace cars I still find it astounding that so many people have bought the Pace kit without one being registered or at the very least completed.
I'm still waiting to see if it's a case of blind faith or dumb luck.

Regards.
Bernie's Cobra is on Club Rego...not Full rego.

I know that Craig could have built a complete car a couple of years ago...and got it registered, before selling kits...

But they have already made so many improvements to the original concept , that if it was built back then, it wouldn't represent the current vehicles being built.

This was all about building a Cobra unlike anything that had been on offer before.

Lighter/stronger/easier to build/ full instructions on the build/better bodies/better designed interiors with massive leg room.

But also...in doing this...Craig has to be always trying to get to a position where he can produce these cars at an affordable price, and reproduce each vehicle to the EXACT same specifications each time...i.e. so they can be built in large numbers, like a mini production line.

e.g. Rather than just machine a part or component to do the best job...he then has to produce maybe 50 or 100 of these parts all exactly the same, and ready to be used on future Cobras.

This is not some guy building one or two Cobras in a shed somewhere, and when the next order comes in, goes over to the jig, and starts making another little bit by little bit, and making bits to fit as he goes.

As they develop these AP cars...each part/component is computer designed to do the best job, drawings with all specs created on computers to then ascertain what these components could cost to be made in bulk and best quality....priced to be made by suppliers most likely off site/overseas , and then used in the improvement of the design.

There's a hell of a lot that's gone into these AP Cobras, and I'm hoping like hell that with a little patience, and faith in them, they will be world class producers of unbelievable quality Cobra replicas.

Kirkhams might not be the only "Flash" Cobras on the market soon...
Wouldn't that be interesting?

Cheers,
Warren
leroy17, Tonus72, d488y2 and 2 others like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Kirkhams might not be the only "Flash" Cobras on the market soon...
Wouldn't that be interesting?

Cheers,
Warren
Mate, what are you talking about..?
I seldom see a cobra that ain't flashy
Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

So is there an AP actually finished and driving (prototype)? Surely it's not just a virtual car and has actually been tested around a track for handling, stability, braking etc. before mass producing parts and selling kits?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh wazza your so sweet, ok scroll back through my thread and you will see a post by Craig saying that my car is not the specifications that he would normally order for full rego. While Craig doesn't actually say that he has registered one his comments imply he has. If you don't believe that read his web site and his literature on there.

I would have been a pleasure to deal with if I wasn't told a pack of lies and bullsh!t and stuffed around.

And as for your latest round of attack against me mate seriously go get fu?.... Someone posted something on my thread and I posted what is the truth. If you can't handle that don't read my posts

If you like I'll let you borrow my car for your wedding when you and Craig tie the knot.

Mando, AP haven't fully registered one yet but I agree it shouldn't be a problem.

Zedn, there aren't any AP cobras completed and registered yet.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On ya Damage....

You continue to amaze.

So...because Craig tries to tell you that what you want on your Cobra isn't what he'd recommend to get the thing through rego...and that you may not get it through the rego process just 'cause you think the rules shouldn't apply to you.........

You think that has to mean that he has one registered??!

I would have thought that because he's built a number of Cobras and GT40s , (and others)... over a number of years, and has been through the rego process many times...
and you've got F***all on the scoreboard, that you'd take his advice.

I'd LOVE to use your car for my wedding to Craig.....but I need a REGISTERED car mate...I don't think you'll be ready.

Hope you come to the Nationals .....

This year I'm doing a "Knob of the year " award, and Don't get your hopes up....but I'm thinking we should close the entries tonight....you smashed it mate.

Love always....
Warren WHITE. ...... (Oooh I wish)
Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You should give that award to yourself mate.

Your right my car isn't registered so maybe you can use one of Craig's oh wait they aren't registered either.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You should give that award to yourself mate.

Your right my car isn't registered so maybe you can use one of Craig's oh wait they aren't registered either.
King of the comebacks!!!

Go have a lie ( your specialty) down sweety.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok mrs white so what part of my post last night is a lie.

So tell me while your at it what's the difference between my engine and Craig advertising that he can register these things with a side oiler. Or is that one of Craig's play on words and it's only club rego. That's on his web site if you want to look "the Pace Kirkham features and emissions compliant all aluminium replica of the original 427 side oiler engine"

Your a classic mate I make one comment about something being bull**** and look at the response from you.

Since when did I say the rules wouldn't apply to me, I didn't see you standing there beside Craig when all of these supposed conversations took place so obviously this is your version of what Craig said. As if I would take the advice from him to register the car with one engine and then change it to another after when I want the car to be legal and then you come up with this bull about me saying the rules don't apply to me.

I took Craig's advice for long enough to realise that all he is about is stuffing people around and taking your money for nothing.
There's plenty more like me in the same boat that have and are being taken for this little ride that Craig's so good at.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Yawn..........

If your both going to keep going at it at least come up with some decent material. Ill pay the "borrow the car for the wedding" line, but most of this makes you two sound like a couple of whiney old women whacking each other with your handbags.

So...

Aussie Mike, guye, boxhead and 4 others like this.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Did you buy your Kirkham from Craig?
I thought not....
Did Craig offer to help you with advice (as he always does) and to help you get it registered?
I thought so...
Did you heed Craig's advice & try to get it registered with a compliant engine?
I thought not...
If he can get one of those exoskeletons registered then there is absolutely no reason he can't do the same for his own 'over' engineered kit.
Let's not get confused between the American Kirkham and Craig's own kit, BIG difference. A Kirkham is basically a very close copy of a 1950's design beefed up English sports car chassis.... Don't get me wrong, I have taken one around the track and it was very nice to drive and quick for such a 'comfortable' car.
Cobra01 likes this.