Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Another ap going south (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131012-another-ap-going-south.html)

stephen low 10-29-2015 05:18 AM

Now here comes the challenge - work / life balance - lol

Congrats on a stunning looking bit of kit.

d488y2 10-29-2015 12:49 PM

Great to your kit is in da shed!

David Hodgson 10-29-2015 01:44 PM

looks great Deano, looks like only a couple of weeks work and you'll be on the road ;)

Hoity 10-29-2015 04:37 PM

Congrats Deano, looks like the real deal, hopefully the damage is easily fixed.

boxhead 10-29-2015 04:57 PM

Thats nearly finished, driving by Christmas.

You are a car guy like me, been polaying for years.
I went from this.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps28tir7ha.jpg

To this in just over 4 weeks, go hard Deano.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...psovwjzjun.jpg

But in all honesty mate, enjoy the build.

deano59 10-29-2015 05:19 PM

i am spreading myself a bit thin atm still building trailer . mrs wants house painted have done some rooms , racing season is still going . and hip needs replacing but cant get it booked in till the listed jobs are done ,
i seem to be the king of unfinished projects at the moment and thats not normally me i usually like to finish one thing before starting another.
your always welcome to come and stay boxhead for a month or so and kickstart my motivation lol.

cheers dean

152passenger 10-29-2015 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear about the damage on the trip down.
I hope its not too hard to repair. Look forward to seeing the builds start when you have the time

leroy17 10-29-2015 07:02 PM

Put a sticker over the scratch... solved.

Good to see that you have your project there, don't forget updates and pictures.

xb-60 10-29-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano59 (Post 1369357)
.....make a dirty weekend of it lol .. will post some pics...

Oh, Dean....please, NO!

Seriously mate, congratulations on the arrival of BIG RED :3DSMILE:

Cheers,
Glen

deano59 10-29-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1369472)
Oh, Dean....please, NO!

Seriously mate, congratulations on the arrival of BIG RED :3DSMILE:

Cheers,
Glen

yeah thats not worded very well was it glen. i think i will stick to posting pics of cars **)

guye 10-29-2015 11:29 PM

Well done Dean. Glad you've got it all now, and looks like you've already caught up to me! Red certainly is faster!

Bad luck about the damage. I got a bit too but I think it'll buff out. Bl00dy carriers; why is it so hard to find one that cares?

deano59 10-30-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guye (Post 1369481)
Well done Dean. Glad you've got it all now, and looks like you've already caught up to me! Red certainly is faster!

Bad luck about the damage. I got a bit too but I think it'll buff out. Bl00dy carriers; why is it so hard to find one that cares?

thats the sad bit Guy its pretty clear by the shape under the plastic that its a car so why put stuff on top of it your right the carriers dont give a rats about it .
i dont know what the answer is maybe they need to be in a sealed box ? it all adds to the cost tho for what the carriers charge you think they could take more care

cheers dean

guye 10-30-2015 06:10 AM

All about profits I suppose. Hard to make profits if you hire staff that care more and pay them more. And design better practices. Smaller loads. Etc etc.

So if the insurance rates the cartage companies had to pay where exhorbitant unless they had 0.1% damage dates, that might help cage them. Reading this insurance companies?

There, problem solved.

Anything else need fixing?

deano59 10-30-2015 04:31 PM

i spent a bit of time last night cutting out the insulation for under the bonnet . i found a old pair of sharp dress making sissors that i got from cleaning out mums house they go thru that stuff like a hot knife thru butter.
but my hands and fingers gave way after about a hour of it so retired inside and started putting the pages from the Manuel into plastic sleeves and into a big folder i had the manual all printed out about 600 pages worth lol .

hopefully have the underside of the insulation in this weekend or at least a good start on it .
cheers dean

deano59 11-02-2015 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
rather than have parts stored in boxes and having to forage thru when looking for parts i bought 3 shelving units from bunnings and joined them together to make one big unit i started with two but quickly filled them so headed back down and grabbed another one.now there all layed out on shelves i can see what i have to play with .
half the bit's i have no clue where they go but im hoping it will all go together like a jigsaw puzzle, first job will be to remove the body off the chassis for better access .
forgive my uber photo skills im not sure why it turned out blurry will try and grab a better shot later.

cheers deano

dave295 11-02-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano59 (Post 1369994)
im not sure why it turned out blurry

"Well he's just an Excitable Boy"

Well, that's what Warren Zevon reckoned anyway

Or maybe the meds haven't kicked in yet?

stephen low 11-03-2015 09:56 PM

Ahh an Ikea cobra - fold flap A into slot B

Between this forum, the build manual, which I hear is pretty outrageous in detail and your local fellow cobraphiles I reckon you'll not stray too far wrong Dean.

Have fun emptying those shelves.

deano59 11-03-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen low (Post 1370163)
Ahh an Ikea cobra - fold flap A into slot B

Between this forum, the build manual, which I hear is pretty outrageous in detail and your local fellow cobraphiles I reckon you'll not stray too far wrong Dean.

Have fun emptying those shelves.

omg ive bought a flat pack cobra if you only knew how much trouble i have putting ikea stuff together:eek:. i should be right using the expertise of those who have gone before me . i have printed off the manual and in the process of putting all the pages in plastic sleeves and into a big folder . at least the instructions are in english unlike some of the ikea products ive seen .

cheers dean

d488y2 11-04-2015 12:18 AM

Plastic Sleeves?? I've gone old school, just paper, nothing tells a story like grease, oil and coffee stains on the pages......

renovationinnov 11-04-2015 12:44 AM

what happened to the paper less sericites
I thought you would have it on memory stick & then play it on you tv in the man cave dean
then you could see it better
one old fart to another
rob