Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Another ap going south (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131012-another-ap-going-south.html)

deano59 11-04-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renovationinnov (Post 1370168)
what happened to the paper less sericites
I thought you would have it on memory stick & then play it on you tv in the man cave dean
then you could see it better
one old fart to another
rob

not a bad idea but i reckon if i put a tv out here i wouldn't:LOL: get much work done . i have the radio going in the background if that helps.. i have just put page 300 into a sleeve and thats me done for the night. i also managed to cut out the insulation for the tunnel and fire wall i dont think that pair of scissors will ever be the same again

cheers from dean

Auswallaby 11-05-2015 02:43 AM

Ummmm, what happens when they release the updated version?? Reprint????

deano59 11-05-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auswallaby (Post 1370319)
Ummmm, what happens when they release the updated version?? Reprint????

hopefully it will be built by then :-)

deano59 11-15-2015 03:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hi all
had a bit of spare time over the weekend so i invited a couple of mates over to give me a hand in taking the body off the chassis and getting the chassis up on stands . this is where it will live during the build .
work can start in earnest now .
cheers dean

d488y2 11-15-2015 04:04 PM

Looking Good Deano, Here's a little build tip, file any sharp edges in the engine gearbox tunnel smooth.

Hoity 11-15-2015 04:09 PM

looks great, the finish on these things is second to none.

looking forward to the build. :)

deano59 11-15-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d488y2 (Post 1371469)
Looking Good Deano, Here's a little build tip, file any sharp edges in the engine gearbox tunnel smooth.

cheers for the tip will do :-)

152passenger 11-15-2015 08:22 PM

Looks like you are all set up now to start building. Enjoy, I know I am loving it!

guye 11-16-2015 01:09 AM

Another tip. Pad the corners of the rear wheel arches!mthe number of stabs and scratches I got on my back, sliding under the chassis while doing the diff, etc, was extremely annoying!

Cobra01 11-16-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 152passenger (Post 1371512)
Looks like you are all set up now to start building. Enjoy, I know I am loving it!

Hi Passenger

Just wait till you drive it the feeling is just beautiful.

I have 9,000 kms on my Pace Cobra now in just 12 months.

Cheers

Brad

deano59 11-16-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra01 (Post 1371639)
Hi Passenger

Just wait till you drive it the feeling is just beautiful.

I have 9,000 kms on my Pace Cobra now in just 12 months.

Cheers

Brad

i bet we couldnt wipe the smile off ya face with a bitter lemon yet either brad :-)

152passenger 11-16-2015 07:14 PM

Yeah definitely looking forward to driving it, 9000km in one year! thats what I hope to do with mine, drive it at every chance I get.

albanycobra 11-16-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Another tip. Pad the corners of the rear wheel arches!mthe number of stabs and scratches I got on my back, sliding under the chassis while doing the diff, etc, was extremely annoying!
Or buy a 2 post hoist.....I could never go back to laying on the ground.....hmmm so toffee these days......actually good advice might take an eye out on those corners....

deano59 11-17-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1371658)
Or buy a 2 post hoist.....I could never go back to laying on the ground.....hmmm so toffee these days......actually good advice might take an eye out on those corners....

i dont have the height in house carport where im building the cobra for a hoist even my main workshop the other side of the block almost 60 by 25 wide is not high enough the guy before me that built it only wanted space and not height so i live with what i have .
mind you the next house will be a different story ..

deano59 11-26-2015 02:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
spent a couple of hours mounting the rear sway bar this arvo i had to modify the plates the bearing carriers mount on as the holes didnt line up . updated carriers with different bolt patten ten minuites with a die grinder had it sorted and ive let pace know all mounting plates supplied now will be the correct ones no big deal just had me scratching my head for a few mins and gave me splinters.
apart from that all went together quite well i just need to drill and tap a hole on each top wishbone where a bracket bolts too and thats one job crossed off the list on the whiteboard tomorrow hopefully will see the hole cut out of the firewall for the pedal box then i will start with the insulation and brake and fuel lines ..
some pics of todays effort

Modena 11-26-2015 02:30 AM

Drill and tap?!?!?!?!?!? I thought this was a Pace ???!?!?!?!?!?!

deano59 11-26-2015 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1372744)
Drill and tap?!?!?!?!?!? I thought this was a Pace ???!?!?!?!?!?!

i optioned up to the sway bars as a last minute thing im sure if i had have gave them more warning the holes would have been done for me ..i need some actual work hell even ikea give you a allan key to help bolt things together lol not all the car is ikobra flat pack:LOL::LOL:

Jaydee 11-26-2015 03:30 AM

How long has Pace been making this model with that type of suspension?
Nice to catch up the other day.
JD

deano59 11-26-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee (Post 1372752)
How long has Pace been making this model with that type of suspension?
Nice to catch up the other day.
JD

this is the only suspension they do it changes a little depending on what size rims and brakes you decide on . i believe there are not many that have taken up the sway bar option i may be wrong on that but i dont think so .
always good to put a face to a name your welcome to visit any time .

i will drop in and check out your car when im down that way ..
cheers dean

albanycobra 12-08-2015 06:46 AM

Deano what's he latest?