Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
CaliSnake
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft 351W 400hp
Not Ranked     

Most of the girls seem to know what to do but if you run into any problems, ask to see the asst. mgr. Terry Cordova. She likes Cobras and was very helpful to a bunch of us down here that had improperly registered cars. Make sure you have all the required and correct documentation and don't forget your checkbook...
Old 10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No idea yet. Help!!!
Not Ranked     

Thank you for the Info. Do i need windshield wipers to register the car here in California? Mine doesn't have it. Also, who are you using for insurance here. I tried AAA since i have 3 cars with them, but in order to get insurance from them they are asking a lot of questions about the car that i don't or the dealership have answer for it.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogravty View Post
Thank you for the Info. Do i need windshield wipers to register the car here in California? Mine doesn't have it. Also, who are you using for insurance here. I tried AAA since i have 3 cars with them, but in order to get insurance from them they are asking a lot of questions about the car that i don't or the dealership have answer for it.
The DMV will indicate which inspections are needed at the top of your paperwork. If they don't indicate that a brake and light inspection is needed, you'll probably be able to skate by without it. I'm not sure if wipers and/or any other safety requirements like wipers are checked during that inspection.

Insurance is all over the board and really depends on what you want. It seems like a lot of people insure their cars through AAA, but the agent knowledge seems to be hit and miss. Get a couple of quotes and compare. I went through Tom Foltz at Northwest who writes Infinity Insurance (competitive with Farmers).

http://gotinsurance.com/

http://gotinsurance.com/Page_5.html

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I think it may be a Street Beast or an A&C!

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any particular reason why you think that might be?
I'll try headin got the El Cajon DMV this week as soon as it stops raining. =)
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Any particular reason why you think that might be?
I'll try headin got the El Cajon DMV this week as soon as it stops raining. =)
FYI - You don't need to bring your Cobra to the DMV...just the paperwork and your checkbook.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

oh,ok. The only reason i was planning on taking the car is because the people at the Clairemont Mesa DMV told me that i need to bring it and take it to the back so they can inspected, but i thought th CHP supposed to do that or maybe referee.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm pretty certain you won't need your car. The CHP will do a VIN verification inspection, so I'm not sure why the DMV would need to inspect it. Good luck, the process is usually pretty straightfoward.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For insurance try Jon Shepherd at State Farm 626-395-7220, he is in Pasadena, but he can handle your car. I pay about $300.00 a year with no restrictions.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I tried AAA since i have 3 cars with them, but in order to get insurance from them they are asking a lot of questions about the car that i don't or the dealership have answer for it.
I tried to insure mine through AAA's Collector Car division; they sent a representative out to inspect the car, garage and to take photographs. After submitting all the asked for paperwork, their underwriting department denied coverage claiming the car was an "Exotic".

I too have 3 other vehicles insured with them so I called the regular insurance division and I was insured in a matter of minutes with no restrictions; go figure.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, they were asking so many questions at first that i didn't have answers for, but then i told them i was going to change insurance to add this car and i needed proof of insurance of my other 3 cars and the lady at the other end ask to give her everything i had and she was going to sent it to get process and give me an answer in a couple of days, but in the meantime she would mail was i was asking. If this doesn't work i think i'm going with midwest. Robbin seems like a nice guy when i spoke to him on the phone. I just don't see what the big deal is, i have 3 of my cars insured with them, also my house and the premium service thing. I hope this gets resolve soon so i can register the car.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

You don't need insurance immediately to register the car, you have 30 days from the date of import into California to provide the DMV with proof of insurance. You can even drive the car, you are covered under your existing policy. This is what I was told by AAA.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's what i thought also, but i asked the people at AAA if i was cover for the first 30 days on this vehicle because i didn't want to drive it without insurance and they said no, the car is not cover, which i thought it was weird. Maybe this person didn't know that.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

ogravty,

I went home last night and compared your pics to those of a friend of mine who owns an A&C and they do not apear to be the same style of body. The leaf springs and fuel cell have me puzzled.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe if i measure the doors? or something else perhaps?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

It may not be a "kit" at all. Could be a "home brew" of a modified production frame and a store bought or one-off homebuilt body. There's more of those around than you might think! Think about all the "T" bucket and "32 roadsters running around that were built that way. And, if you think about it, some cobra kits are really nothing more than street rods with a sports car body. ( not that there's anything wrong with that!)
Ted
Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The fuel cell is something else i want to change since i don't feel like opening the trunk everytime i want to out some gas. Does anyone know of a shop that custom makes gas tanks and can install it here in San Diego?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Went to the El Cajon DMV yesterday. Finally found someone who knew about it. I got pretty much everything done, they even made the call to sacramento and got me a number. They said that there were still around 40 numbers left. My next step is to make the appointment with the CHP and back to the DMV. So if anyone else needs to get their SB100 in San Diego, El cajon DMV is the place to go.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
CaliSnake
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft 351W 400hp
Not Ranked     

OG...Make your CHP appointment for the El Cajon office, they are good to work with there. When you make your appointment with the Bar for your SB-100 sticker, ask for South Western College to do it. Miramar isn't Cobra friendly.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

what size is the fuel cell? what brand?
Do you want to sell it?
Let me know.
Rick 361-676-8484