Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

"It's GWB's fault" Vote for Obama - he has promised to fix everything.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I was just thinking, what a great thread.

This is what Clubcobra is all about, and to know I'm a part of it as well.
What now, time for a big happy group hug?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yes, and I'm betting that 98% of the Club Cobra readers didn't know that they could make their Cobra's exhaust smell like a Pina Colada.
Pina Colada?!?!?! That is gay.

I throw a little CAM2 in the tank to add fragrance to the exhaust.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
...to add fragrance to the exhaust.
Fragrance works wonders if you have a ringer fuelie. You hear it from time to time at the track: "I just can't understand it -- if I didn't know better I'd swear that fella was running nitromethane, but his dang engine smells like a fruit salad!"
Old 08-31-2008, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Fragrance works wonders if you have a ringer fuelie. You hear it from time to time at the track: "I just can't understand it -- if I didn't know better I'd swear that fella was running nitromethane, but his dang engine smells like a fruit salad!"
Well if that is the case do they have donut scent. Fruit salad doesn't appeal to me.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     

Man ! Has this thread drifted or what ?
I bet the people involved in the original subject wished it wouold die just to
get it off the home page. I am surprised that the moderators have let this one continue.

Guys, start a new one and call it sweet and sour exhuast smells or something.

Hersh
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill, Paul, Randy & Tony-
We know that you are our customers/friends but every time anyone posts to this thread OFF topic only brings our name and Don's to the top and I am sure that neither Don or us want this to continue. If anyone has specific questions on this topic, please feel free to post or you can call us at 770-898-9360. I am sure that Don is also available via e-mail.
As always, we will continue to be an advertiser and supporter on this forum.
Bill and Susan
Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Given that the thread starter flew away...as the percentages indicate first-time posters who come on to complain about something do, and the fact that Lounge-type discussions seem to be the order of the day...there is no reason to leave this open much longer.

Wanted to give him every opportunity...I could care less that the mfg wants it to disappear.

Last edited by Jamo; 08-31-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Gerace View Post
I had my engine for about a year and half before I had it on the street. Bill had advised me on rotating the engine montly so that I did damage any of the valve train components with the spring pressure.Also advise on pr-oiling the engine prior to start up. I was given instructions on the proper oil to use and all the other info needed to breakin/maintain the engine.
Anyway to make a long story short I had an issue with the engie after 300 miles and Bill and Susan did whatever it took to make the engine right. They initially wanted to fly out their builder to handle the problem in the car but decided it best to have the engine sent back to them for a complete go over.Bill also was ready to drive the 20 or so hours to my place to pick up the car. They stood behind their build. They financially compensated me for removal and shipping of the engine. Sure I was not happy with the problem (cam journal oil groove incorrectly ground) but they felt my pain and made it right. And I am confident that if anything else arose they would assist in any way. Very supportive, friendly. Never evasive or accusing. They stand behind their product.
New member and first post, so sorry for jumping in.............

So you are saying they build a poor quality engine, but fixed everything
afterwards. And that is OK????

Jav

PS: Excellent site!
PS: I do own a business and if a customer had issues with not one, but two of my machines, I would be on a plane with a new machine or my
best engineer would, and we would supervise the install and commissioning. It is much harder to find customers than it is to loose them. Makers
need to take steps to ensure problems do not get shipped out the door. I don't personally accept that a new engine might leak or some part
be partially installed. Timing and valve adjustments should be prefect out the door. They should check before and after dyno runs. Demand
quality or be prepared to pay twice or trice for everything to get a "good" one..........

Last edited by JapanGT; 03-31-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

I'll give ya a break on your first post...but bringing up a dead thread from August 2008 with this type of post pisses me off.

That's not a good thing.

Use some discretion next time.

...and welcome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: