Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree210Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Oh no, not again. There will be nothing new said because all of this has already been said at least 10 times.

If you have a CSX you have a REAL SHELBY COBRA, just not an ORIGINAL SHELBY COBRA. In most cases the uneducated are asking for an answer to the latter question.
ERA 626 and BigGuy like this.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Most of the time I just say it's a Stage XLVii. Then they ask what's that and I say I don't know! That's what the guy I bought it from told me. The conversation usually ends fairly quickly ...

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

More people now ask me what the car is, rather than if it's real. I got pulled over last year by a local LEO and when she got out of her car she said "this is the most beautiful car I've ever seen - what is it?" And, no, I didn't get a ticket.
BigGuy, eschaider and FredG like this.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Car #1209 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

The CSX cars are meaningful to those who have them and place some importance on authenticity. I admire their loyalty but that's where it ends. They are not the best. They are not the fastest, best handling or even best looking. It's like arguing which are better.....fake tits or real tits. Just sayin......
Jaydee likes this.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
It's like arguing which are better.....fake tits or real tits. Just sayin......
I did not broach that issue with the LEO.
xb-60 likes this.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Tried to change the color to red on my playful edit, but could not get the drop down to work for me. Tried to test it again on this response and I still cannot get it to work for me.

Lighten up, it was done in a playful, not malicious manner., as has been done here at Club Cobra since the beginning of the forums time on the web. For the start and finish of the argument, you'll need to research Evan's (search Real1) old posts, as this topic has been beaten so much to death that there is nothing left of the horse but ashes.

Bill S.
Thank you for the reply, Yes I remember evan, I thought he was an arrogant ass. This is why I had positive things to say about ERA/KMS/SPF I am the former owner of ERA 626. There are lots of people who paid a premium for the CSX VIN # AGAIN is it a better car? it depends on who builds the CSX. The ERA I can say from personal experience was bolt on right out of the box. EXCELLENT people to deal with at ERA.

The CSX car... well lets just say you need to have good mechanical skills to build a car, if you don't, don't buy a CSX unless you hire someone to build it. I enjoy the process so at the end of the day it will be a top shelf car. I have been doing extensive research on the 6000 series CSX car. hundreds of photos on the internet of people who have no clue on how to build a car specifically how to install a drive train. Its amazing on how many guys think they can simply drop in a motor and transmission and expect it to fit properly. Lots of guys have the valve covers almost touching the footbox!! WRONG. Drive shaft angle, height of the transmission etc... The ERA was spot on straight out of the box(s) The CSX? NO. But if you have the skills and the time the CSX car is very nice car. and YES ITS A REAL SHELBY. is it a 1965? NO.is it a real Shelby with a CSX VIN#? YES. FACT.

Again with much respect for other guys with very nice cobras... in fact David Kirkham has been extremely helpful in my build and I bought the car from another dealer... Peter P. and David Kirkham we are lucky to have people like these guys in the very tight group we enjoy... cheers.
sea2jet and FredG like this.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
More people now ask me what the car is, rather than if it's real. I got pulled over last year by a local LEO and when she got out of her car she said "this is the most beautiful car I've ever seen - what is it?" And, no, I didn't get a ticket.
I call BS. No way the LEO thought BEIGE was beautiful. No chance.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's the 64-pager where Evan was almost banned for good.

Why does every thread here devolve into a "Real" vs. "Replica" argument?

SAAC doesn't even mention the Shelby replicas anymore. Next volume of the World Registry will not have them (Shelby replicas) or the Kirkhams.

Here's the thread where Evan was finally banned (and bought a Porsche):

The "Cooler King returns".

4 years later, here we are again. History repeats itself.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Here's the 64-pager where Evan was almost banned for good.

Why does every thread here devolve into a "Real" vs. "Replica" argument?

SAAC doesn't even mention the Shelby replicas anymore. Next volume of the World Registry will not have them (Shelby replicas) or the Kirkhams.

Here's the thread where Evan was finally banned (and bought a Porsche):

The "Cooler King returns".

4 years later, here we are again. History repeats itself.
I think you meant to say continuation shelbys, How can a shelby be a replica of a shelby... ? just saying no disrespect.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Here we go again. The careful parsing of the English Language in this respect has been discussed at length in the other topics referenced above. I agree with you by the way.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 11-26-2019 at 02:34 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA 626 View Post
I think you meant to say continuation shelbys, How can a shelby be a replica of a shelby... ? just saying no disrespect.
Yep, a CSX 4000/6000/7000/8000/9000 is a good old replica. No disrespect taken at all.

Read the 64 pages where we argued until the thread was closed. And read the Registry. Shelby didn't want to call them replicas, so he had the grand idea to call them "continuation" Cobras. And anyway, Shelby sold most of the company to an LBO firm a long time ago.

I'm getting too old for this S.

There were 998 (or whatever) REAL Shelby Cobras made. And the next Registry won't include the Shelby or Kirkham replicas. Just the Cobras made between 1962-1967 (or whatever).

But you can them anything you want. What do I care.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, his new Shelby is a real Shelby Cobra. Once again, you is wrong.
ERA 626 likes this.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
No, his new Shelby is a real Shelby Cobra. Once again, you is wrong.
Who would paint a Cobra beige? And no one stopped you, which in it of itself should be an accessory to a crime.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Who would paint a Cobra beige? And no one stopped you, which in it of itself should be an accessory to a crime.
… and while I may have exaggerated an occasional post over the last 15 years, that particular post is 100% the God's honest truth.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Actually after having a quick read of the last Real1 post I saw new york guy. What happened to him? He was fun. JD
Old 11-27-2019, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
… and while I may have exaggerated an occasional post over the last 15 years, that particular post is 100% the God's honest truth.
In a post-facts society.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yep, a CSX 4000/6000/7000/8000/9000 is a good old replica. No disrespect taken at all.

Read the 64 pages where we argued until the thread was closed. And read the Registry. Shelby didn't want to call them replicas, so he had the grand idea to call them "continuation" Cobras. And anyway, Shelby sold most of the company to an LBO firm a long time ago.

I'm getting too old for this S.

There were 998 (or whatever) REAL Shelby Cobras made. And the next Registry won't include the Shelby or Kirkham replicas. Just the Cobras made between 1962-1967 (or whatever).

But you can them anything you want. What do I care.

A Shelby cobra is in FACT a Shelby cobra.. any one who disagrees has a numb skull. are the continuation original 60's cars? no. is a 2019 Ford GT a real Ford GT? yes, is it a 60's GT no.. same EXACT example... SMH
BigGuy and cycleguy55 like this.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:17 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A couple of years ago I was at a car show and someone walked up and said "wow, is that a real ERA?" Now what was I supposed to say? "no, it's a replica ERA."
Old 11-27-2019, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
A Shelby cobra is in FACT a Shelby cobra.. any one who disagrees has a numb skull. are the continuation original 60's cars? no. is a 2019 Ford GT a real Ford GT? yes, is it a 60's GT no.. same EXACT example... SMH
Like this: https://www.amazon.ca/photos/share/5...YouzccGJb2gdgg

Last edited by cycleguy55; 11-27-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Numb skull?

You gotta read the 64-page thread, among many others. And read the old World Registry. It’s spelled out there in black and white. The new World Registry won’t even list the new Shelby Cobras. All this nonsense is addressed there.

Oooooh. The 2019 Ford GT is not a 1965 Ford GT40. No parts are shared, the body is completely different and technology and materials have changed dramatically. It’s not a replica, nor a continuation, because it’s a completely different car that is sold 100% complete with warranty. You can drive it right off the dealer lot without a special emissions and safety exemption from Federal laws unlike a Shelby Cobra replica kit car.

Search the thread for the Dodge Challenger or the watch examples. There are several other examples. Same BS. Different year. Your car has very little in common with the 1962-1967 Shelby Cobras. Most parts and materials are different, bodies are different (don’t get me started on fiberglass Shelby’s).

It’s a kit car sold to us, the public, as an incomplete roller. But believe the hype and marketing, what do I care. Delude yourself.