MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

Have a great time in London guys (and girls,) take lots of pics!

Maybe next year.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Steve, I just thought it funny that the doctors say not to use it but that they use it themselves.

Ron, I guess I will have to get a picture of the New River. If it doesn't foul the camera up. Then again, everyone has probably seen sample water from the New River, so why bother.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tru,

That is just a very small part of the Bridge Bay Resort on Shasta Lake about 15 miles from my house. I drove down into one of their parking lots. They have a great resturant there called Tail Of The Whale that sits right on the bank and you can look out over the lake and see the boats and I-5 Pit River Bridge. The dam is severa lmiles South of there. The only wat to get a shot of the whole resort is from the air or across the lake on the side of that mountain as it is pretty big. Lots of house boats were out on the water today as it is such a great day. This lake has almost 300 miles of shore line as it goes for miles up into these canyons. Come on out and wecan drive across the bridge. Great sound effects from the Cobras.

Brent,

I want to see a picture of the New River. Go ahead and post some.

Kristen,

Congratulations on joining the 2,000 club.Now helpLil Mike out will you please??

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-20-2005, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron
Good talking to you again today.

I have posted some pictures of the cobra in my gallary
Old 06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Steve,

I am back and I really enjoyed the pictures that you posted. Your Cobra makes mine look like the junk heap it is. Beautiful pictures along the Oregone Coast Line too and all of the other places. Many I have been to, but not Yellowstone. Man, those Webbers look awesome.

I really enjoy our talks on the phone. I am learning a lot from you.

Ron

Old 06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tru,

Here is another picture that I took while at Bridge Bay looking back toward the dam which is well out of sight.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 02-23-2006 at 03:46 AM..
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
More of my today's pictures.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 06-20-2005 at 04:48 PM..
Old 06-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ron, I sure wish I could.

I'd drive out and we could cruise cobra to cobra to the bay and get some dinner.

But, I have responsabilities. Thanks for the offer.

BTW, that is a excellent shot of your cobra in the parking lot.

Well, I have a car show tomorrow and am a bit excited, would like to get first place.

Is that pompus or do I just think cobras rule over most others.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron
Thanks I learn a lot from you as well. I would still love to move to the South Oregon area along the coastline. A cobra drive though the redwoods would be "The drive of my lifetime". It may take some time for me to get there but I will live up there some day. My wife had wanted the Main coastline but I think now she has changed here mind.

The webbers were hard to tune but once tuned tey stay that way. Thank you Cal Metal and Enzo. I had the webber bodies painted to match the car color, and the stacks were 24K gold plated. I know that sound stupid but the stripe on the car is gols and when you look through the opening in the scoupe the gold stacks jump out at you. It really is a beautiful car.

As for your car being a "junk heap". I DON'T THINK SO. I happen to like your car, thank you very much.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tru,

Good luck at the car show. I haven't made one yet this year, but may try for the Weaverville one. I have mowed the yards this morning and was going to take the 69 Cobra out for a drive but it suddenly got very dark and cloudy. However now I see the clouds have moved on and I may get it out in a little while and drive it for a while. Most of the car shows I go to around here, if there is a Cobra it will get more attention than the other cars. They don't win much though as most of our smaller shows are all club sponsored and they make sure their members cars win. I just go to look at the cars and talk to the people as I enjoy seeing the work that has gone into the restoration of some of the cars.

Steve,

You would have a blast on all of the great mountain roads around here and Southern Oregon and the nice thing is I can drive to Portland in a few hours. I love the costal highways that follow the old stage coach routes as they wind all over the canyons. You drive 70 miles to actually get 40 if it were straight. Example, Weaverville is 58 miles from Redding via the highway. If you could go straight it would be 32 miles. But great secenry along the river and watching the people with their gold dredges.

Ron

Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes. I will never forget it taking us an hour and a half to drive 38 miles.

We didn't stop and piddle either. The roads wind back and forth.

Seems like I remember reading a sign or something that said the road out of Yosimte had 689 turns on it. Hard to believ that trip.

My sweet wife just finished the scrapbook for the trip and I just looked at it again. It was in deed a wonderfull trip. I wish I could find a place somewhere up there right now. I'd move today!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After seeing your pictures Ron, I will take some of the New River and post. Well, on second thought I maybe shouldn't.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Brent,

Quit thinking and take the pictures and post them. It is like a test. Once you answer a question and then think about it, if you go back and change it, 99% of the time your change will be wrong.

Ron

Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I see you aren't aquainted with the New River. It is ranked the most polluted river in the world (or so I am told). Next time I am out that way I'll get some, but anybody can get a close approximation by looking at what the Ex-Lax results are.

A week from today we are going back to my homeland where it is beautiful. How about I post some pictures of that instead. Will be in Yetiman's neighborhood.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Homeland?????

What the....
Old 06-21-2005, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wisconsin. Where I was born and raised before moving to the Republic of California to meet my wife.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

I have been gone for HOURS and all ya'll can come up with is Wisconsin??? (no offense, brent....)

I've been to Wisconsin. I was 4. My uncle's wedding. They are now divorced. Actually he's dead.

So. I'm really sad. My best friends' dad died last night.

Been over visiting her and her mom. My Dallas buddies know her. She comes to lots of events with me. Tried to talk her into coming to Ohio with me.... ya know, chaperone....

I'm sad for her. And her mom. Like a mom to me.
The funeral 'was' set for Friday at 2. Ohio????? Now it's Thursday at 2. Ohio. I'm still sad. We've been best friends since I was 3, her 2. None of our parents had passed on, and it's hard. I guess it's fitting, as her dad was the oldest....
oh well. ramble on. (have had a couple of glasses of wine in the meantime....) not much of a drinker.... I went to visit this evening..... If I can dig up a photo I will. say a little prayer for my buddy Joanne, and her dear mother, Ann.
(my oldest daughter is named for her.... Laura Joanne.....)

Kristen.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

no body on here to 'talk'???
bummer.

going to bed to read. bye.
k
Old 06-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

It's always tough to lose a friend or loved one, let alone a family member...my condolences to you, Joanne and Ann.

Have fun in London...be careful on the road
Old 06-22-2005, 04:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Kristen,

Sorry to hear about your best friends Dad. That type experience never gets easier. Just keep in mind that he is a far better place now. I think that is what got me through losing all of my family, and time does help, but it does not stop all of the hurt. Go to London and have a good time.

Brent,

Great, take some pictures of your home land and post them. We have the most toxic and dangerous mine in the world about 20 miles from here and they won't even let people get close to it. The Govt. has spent millions and years trying to figure out what to do to stop it from draining into the river. Even the rocks that stuff gets on are eaten away. Last attempt to go into it and see if it could be plugged was stopped way short of the end by 135 degree temperatures and starting to eat through the De-com suites. Now if they could drain that mine into your river, we would really have something. Have a great trip.

Ron