S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I'm more of Vodka person, but I follow you.

Yeah, we fill a 16 x 16 x 9 barn with wood in the spring/summer/fall and burn it all during the winter.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Is your area of the camp ground clear of Frogs?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Croak ... my turtle eats frogs for breakfast

9:30 and its 49 ºF outside ... maybe a ride this PM? Yabadabado
Old 12-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It was 32 here at 5AM and is only supposed to getup to the low 50s, with wind. Also rain tomorrow through Monday according to the latest update. I have a feeling my rides are over for sometime.

Ron

Old 12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Larry The Cable Guy is coming to Dallas March 17th.

Wonder if I have to buy Frenchy her own seat ?

Wouldn't surprise me that when Larry sees Frenchy flashing her bongos she is invited on stage for a French kiss from Larry.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     
Default Hi allllllllllllllllllllll

Just drooped in to say Hi to all........ Been out of circulation for a week or so....back now trying to get ready for Christmas hoping for lots of COBRA GOODIES>>>> to bad its only a HOPE

Oh well, a guy can dream.................................
Old 12-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Earl,

Good to see you back. I have been wondering what happened to you. Hope everything is going well. Keep us up to date on how things are going and you can vote in the Great Frog versus Turtle War that Warren and Fred have going.

Ron

Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Well, just got through reading 10 pages of posts on this thread to catch up and boy what an eye full........

Have to say, I like Turtles and Frogs....wouldn't eat either though

Weather here has been up and down but nothing like some of you guys are experiencing

Ron, thoughts and prayers for you and your companions...hope all turns out well
Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Tru, I will be enjoying that weather with you in less than a month. Seriously messed up my driving season,, since it is still in the 70s here in the daytime.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's okay, you and I will be able to sit in our cars all summer long without our skin pealing to the leather seats.

AND, we have better driving weather as it isn't to often that the car over heats and spews in these northern states.

Then there is the rather large social event we will be able to sashy on down to, instead of driving for three days to get to it.

So, as you can see, there are a number of good reasons to be thankful you are moving. He!! the London event alone is worth the move.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default Congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking .

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun.

We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents .

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

and while you are at it, send this to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Beleive it or not, I actually MISS the SNOW! I once took a friend visiting from Oklahoma for a ride late evening in November while it was snowing. Didn't bother me at all.

The number of reasons to move outnumber the number of reasons to stay. Being born and raised there with most of my family there is a big reason. My wife's mom and brother live here, but the rest of her family is in Nebreaska and Arkansas. Cost of living and housing is another big reason.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Howdy Earl ....

Well, the weather really cleared up here on the right coast. I was working around the house, but about 2 PM the temp gauge outside said 55 ºF, so it was time for a ride.

First off was a stop for some ...

Then I just drove around Milton for a couple of hours with my Santa hat pulled down over my ears.

stopped a couple of times in some new places I have never "explored" to take some pics ....

at least its not snowing ... yet ... supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. Maybe I'll just sleep in ... wait a minute ... I do that quite often.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, It will be a welcome event to have you join the ranks of the London crowd.

Kristen came the year before last, hopefully she will be there this up-coming year. My wife is going to be riding with me this next year, Erich may follow with another car.

Warren, are you recycling photos?? That is very green of you to do that, but they are digital, so it doesn't matter. BTW, I was wondering, does Superperformance pay you to run their name around town?

Old 12-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru
The photos are farm fresh today ... taken between 2 and 4 PM.

The Superformance logo is stock - it comes on all their cars. I was going to take it off with a razor knife, but its not in the way ... so it stays

It was 55 ºF during the ride, but its now 42 ºF. Temp falling like a rock in Michigan.

Chicken breasts and potatoes in the oven. Boy do they smell good, even upstairs. The only thing that might smell better would be Frenchy frog legs ..... NOT

Found out that our new governor lives about 5 miles from my house. Next ride I'll have to lay a big patch outside his house .... but they probably have a state police car outside. A state senator and a state rep also lives on the same street. Bet that street gets plowed in a hurry.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have you ever had frog legs?

I have had some interesting foods in my life, frog legs being one of them. They are down right tasty if they are prepared right.

That must have been a chilly ride.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

You would think Frenchy had enough problems with her tongue having been ripped out.
Now all this talk about frying up her legs.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred - if you would stop french kissing her, she would probably still have her tongue.

Tru - no, I have not had frog legs. Probably taste like chicken? The ride was not that chilly. But it seemed colder than 55 ºF. Wierd. I tried to stay on side roads and kept the speed down to 40 MPH or less, except for one blast up to 110 MPH just before putting my turtle home in her garage about 4 PM.

I have a stocking cap I normally wear and noticed that the Santa hat I got with the costume I bought ($155.00 ) is much warmer. So I've been wearing the Santa hat. I get a lot more waves wearing that hat.

Temp is down to 38 and going down fast.

988 channels on cable TV, but there is nothing worth watching. Maybe I'll pay some bills.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Nice pictures as usual. Still to cold here for driving. And supposed to rain today through next Tuesday. Maybe a boat would be more practical in this area.
And Frog Legs didn't taste like Chicken to me. I have had them and they weren't bad when fried in a batter. Also have had Turtle Soup, but prefer a good clam chowder. Maybe you should try Frog's tongue since no one has reported trying that.

Fred,

You are going to have to come up with some defences for Frenchy and her mascot.

Ron

Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
I think I found something that Warren's Turtle is good for :

"For prolapse of anus:

Treat a turtle as usual. Simmer with 500 g pig's large intestine. After done, add salt and other flavorings. Eat the flesh and intestine and drink the broth. "