S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
So, you get the bugger to snap at a stick and then pull enough to get the head out to remove it. Then you hang it for a day. Drive a nail through the tail and hang it from the tail then separate the shells.
That sure sounds like a good idea for Warren's turtle.

Right now that turtle looks like it was beaten severly by the Ugly Stick and thrown back in.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

I'll have you know that my turtle is a pedigree from Florida, and cost $100. That's a lot better than any bongo playing frog.

Croak, croak, I'm dead, croaked the frog ...
Old 12-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Actually you should wash the Frog and then put him in your microwave for about 4 minutes. No having to use knives or anything like that.

On a serious note, I read in the paper where some woman back East had put her new baby in the microwave. That is almost beyond belief. I haven't seen where she said why she did it that way, but she should be put in one. That is really a sad state of affairs when people sink to this level.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Ron - read an article about that microwave lady yesterday. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200 ... go straight to the electric chair! What a sicko.

On a better note, a 91 year young lady was woken up from a deep sleep by her 4 yr old dog ... loudly barking.

Seems the heater malfunctioned and the house was filling up with carbon monoxide ... and her CO detector did not alarm until 20 minutes after she exited the house. EMT said she would probably be dead by the time the alarm went off.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Warren,

That is a much nicer thing to see in the news than what I posted. I still have trouble believing that anyone could do that.

Ron

Old 12-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I can see the alarm company backpeddling on that one.

The microwave lady should be subjected to a micrwave...on slow cook.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I would be closer to Yetiman and Cal Metal than Tru. Since he is in Michigan, he should be OK. If he were in Iowa I would wonder . Actually the best person in our wedding was from Iowa so they ain't all that bad. I would be closer to Ohio to make that trip now.

We are going to stay with family until our house here is sold. Emily will love that for sure, the little social butterfly that she is. She fortunately has a metabolism closer to mine and stays warm pretty easily. Jenny said it was like carrying a nuclear reactor when she was pregnant.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent, we shall see you in London.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Highest temp in next 10 days supposed to be 45 ºF.

Maybe 3 inches snow/slush on Monday.

Three things to do on Sunday
1) Watch the Patriots
2) Clean garage and move snowblower to front of garage
and sadly with much grief ....
3) add Stabil to Cobra gas tank

Old 12-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

It is a sad day indeed when the Cobra has to be put away for the Winter, but you will survive it. Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading for over a week and I wish all it had to do with was getting rid of some cars. Be sure to bring the turtle inside for the Winter.

Ron

Old 12-03-2006, 04:55 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, Stabil day is a cruel day. But there is always hope for some rides during the snowy months.

Its only 29 ºF outside now, so my trip to the garage (unattached and unheated) will be postponed for at least 2 or 3 hours.

Bring the turtle inside??? No way. It stands proud in front of my house during rain, sleet, snow, hail .... its not a wimp like that bongo playing frog that has to hide inside a car to keep warm.

Well, the heater has the temp upstairs to a livable temp. Guess I'll have to go downstairs and cook some breakfast. Hummmm .. corned beef hash and eggs (fake eggs). Sounds good to me.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well it has been cold here, but thank goodness we don't have any of the stuff like Texas and other places are having now. About every 10 years we get a huge snow this far down and the temperatures will drop into the teens, but I won't be around for the next one as we just had one about 4 years ago. Do you have the High Performance, remote controlled snow blower?

Ron

Old 12-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In the twenties this morning.

I have a new idea of how Warren has been getting his car photos: he trailers the car to each location and take the shot.

I mean, 50 degrees outside is cold enough in a cobra to warrant a coat, hat and gloves and that just doesn't look right.

So, his 40 degree drives are questionable.

Next thing you know, he will have a snow plow bolted to the front end.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:00 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

We had a good Monthly Meeting yesterday. 15 Cobras,4 '06 Ford GT's,1 FFR Coupe,'65 GT-350 clone and a Saleen Mustang. Right at 40*.Warmed up to the upper 40's later.The bright sun made all the difference.
After lunch we all headed over to a local toy drive with toys. Something we do every year.

We have several new guys with Cobras this year.Several more in the building stage,couple waiting for the rollers & kits to arrive,and more just admiring & wanting.
Have to say,it is great to see the enthusiasm these folks bring to the club.It is really a positive influence and more fun.

I like how this picture turned out.

Last edited by 392cobra; 12-03-2006 at 07:49 AM..
Old 12-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fred,

That is a great picture and you did have a good turn out. Who is the guy standing by Pepe?

Also where is the famous Frog?

Ron

Old 12-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

WHAT?????

good turnout.
also, Fred, i corrected my post in texas thread... according to the sticker on the windshield, it's a Saleen. oops, my error!
seeya!
Kristen
Old 12-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Darn, you people make me really envious. Being the only one up here that still has a car and will drive it, I find it hard to have any kind of meet or breakfast. There are still about 5 or 6 Cobras in this area but the people won't go to any meets or drives and for the most part most of them don't even talk to each other. That is one reason I find it so hard to want to go out and drive around as I have to go by myself. Oh well, the advantages of living in Northern Calif. I guess. Besides, the way things are going I probably won't be worrying about anything after the first of the year.

Ron

Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Ron
I wish I had another Cobra that could go on my semi-daily drives too.

I at least got out in the garage today and really cleaned it. Started up the snow blower. Pi$$ed me off ... it took two pulls to start it. Usually starts on the first pull.

After cleaning out the garage, the sun was out brightly and the temp was up to a balmy 45 ºF and it was only 12:30, and the Patriots game didn't start until 1 PM ... so it was time for a ride (predict 3 inches snow tomorrow).

Put on my Santa hat and off I went for a 30 minute ride that turned into an hour ride. Boy, does the engine like 45 ºF ... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, shift, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, shift, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Used so much gas, I'll probably have to go get some more later in the week (if possible - no snow, hopefully) so I can add some Stabil.

Patriots won and Indy lost again. Things are lookin' gud.

Ron - you need glasses really bad. That guy is Kristen. What a looker! Pepe for President.

Did anyone notice that the Cobras in Tx were parked in a fire lane? That's a fine - one frenchy fried frog! Bongo's not accepted.

Pics of my trusty Ariens snowblower (about 20 yrs old) and my nicely cleaned garage (about 53 yrs old).
Attached Images

Last edited by wtm442; 12-03-2006 at 02:10 PM..
Old 12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

This is an original 289, parked in the fire lane March, 05. We 'always' park in the fire lane up there!!
A couple of years ago, i bet we had 5 cars in the lane. oh well!

a nice gt40 replica. Dec., 04.

notice what we're wearing??? tshirts and it's hot in Dec., jackets and cloudy/cold in March.
we do have crazy weather!!!

did everybody have a good weekend?
i've got the tree standing, with lights on. put out a few things. definitely not done.

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 12-03-2006 at 04:43 PM..
Old 12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen

Great pics. I found an old photo that you might like. Its for Fred (Flintstone?) and his froggie.