Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     
Default Looks like you guys had a blast again.

I've gotta put this on my to do list for 2012!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Heres some video of the cruise!

GCC Cruise 2011.wmv - YouTube
Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Great video Larry, thanks! Doug, plan on late October 2012.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Arkansas Trip

Pics and video look great. Thanks. I'll do my best to join you next year.

Jim
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Thought I would let everyone know we are moving this to the Spring of 2013, May or June. Too much going on with everyone to make it work this year with Run N Gun in mid October and all. Stay tuned, we'll return to NW Arkansas next year!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The club here voted to do this again this fall with 8 cars from STL signed up. Thought I would let you know in case you want to join, giving you plenty of time to plan on coming. We are planning this for arriving 10/24, cruising 10/25 and 10/26 and heading home 10/27. We usually homebase in Harrison, but may try something different this year. Keep a watch on this thread and I will share more details as we get closer. If interested, reply here and I will make sure to include you in PM's or e-mails.

Thanks,
Tim
V.P. Gateway Cobra Club
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Count me In.
Looking forward to it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

I'm interested as well. It's just a day's drive from home, and I've wanted to see the area for years. Please keep me informed on the logistics. I've added it to my Outlook calendar.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We've decided to use Hampton Inn in Harrison, AR for the host hotel. I will call soon to get a block of rooms reserved. Usually around $90/night there. This year, I plan to hit Push Mountain Road again as well as 'Racetrack' Road Will keep updating this thread throughout the summer and as we get closer.
G_Edmonds likes this.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Hmmm.... halfway between St. Louis and Dallas.

If they really do move Run N Gun to July, this is worth considering.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

My daughter that lives in Charleston, Ark. called me yesterday and told me that the American Picker van and camera crew was filming in Paris. She had taken my Grandson to Karate and aparently she was following them around to watch the filming. Garrett, told her they needed to go home because she was embarrasing him. He is 6.

Beautiful area around the Boston Mountains.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bringing this to the top as we are getting closer. Since I started this back up in February, my wife and I have had a life changing event that could prevent me from coming, but, it won't stop the group as a whole from doing this. I will coordinate most of the trip as if I'm coming, and I still may, but, really don't know.

As you can see, 10/24 - 10/27 is a Thursday - Sunday. This allows changes in the schedule due to weather if need be. The STL group will arrive Thursday afternoon, usually, some of us early enough to take an afternoon cruise nearby, and we leave right after breakfast Sunday morning. The roads are awesome and the scenery should be really great too with the wet/cool weather they've been having. Hope you can make it, and, if you don't mind, send me a PM with your e-mail address if you plan on going so I can assemble a roster/contact sheet for the weekend.

Wendell (Flyboy) - surely you can park the boat long enough to cruise with us, right?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
If it is ok with you I will let my cousin in Omaha know and if they have their hay all done by then he and his wife may drive down to Harrison and meet up with you and go part way on the trip. It is just about a 25 minute drive for them to the Hampton Inn. He drives slow. I would make it in about 15 minutes.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok by me? Heck yeah! I'm hoping to have a dozen or more cars, and if there's someone that lives in the area that can help with feedback on the routes, once I get them, that would be great.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF-small block stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Driving nw ar

I noticed your post about driving in nw Arkansas. We retired and moved to Holiday Island in January of this year. We are about 5 miles n of Eureka Springs on Tablerock lake.
Just about any direction you drive from here is spectacular, the Ferrari rally just ended here today. They had several days of driving different routes in the area, and had a blast from what I heard.
You might consider this area for part of your rally, and if you do, let me know, and I'll join in for some fun.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Xcop,

My Father was a foreman on Table Rock Dam and I spent many nights fishing off the spillway as they built it. I was born in Omaha, Arkansas which is just across the line and about 30 miles from Branson. I must have walked every mile of the Ozarks as a kid as we stayed on one of my Grandfather's farms while Dad waited to see where they would send him for his next job. We played basketball in eureka Springs. You have picked a very nice place to retire to. My cousin who has 2 farms in the Omaha area now owns my Cobra. If you ever get over that way look him up. His name is Richard Sanders.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The first day cruise we will head down to Mt Magazine for lunch, then back up through the Pig's Tail towards Eureka Springs. Last time we did this route, it was late when we were headed to Eureka Springs and we turned off 23 before getting there. We usually head over to Eureka Springs on Thursday for a couple of hours before heading back to Harrison. We're also going back to Push Mountain road this year with a stop in Mountain Home. Hope some of you will consider coming on the cruise with us.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Tim where are you going to be Friday afternoon? Saturday?

No car to drive at present (Coupe still wip) and Cobra has been retired.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Friday after lunch, we will be in route from Mt Magazine, headed up Hwy 23 towards Eureka Springs. Hopefully we will make it there early enough to enjoy the town a bit.. Saturday, our route will take us through Yellville, Push Mountain Road, and Mountain Home for lunch. The return route is TBD at this point.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On an earlier post you mentioned reserving a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn. Do we need to wait to reserve a room or do they have a secret word to let them know we are there for the Cobra cruise?