S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 2.77 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't have one yet...
Not Ranked     

Patrick, your fab skills are insane! I just spent about 1.5 hours going through the thread.... at work. OOPS!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     
Default that is alot of drilling!!

holy hell! how long did all that drilling take?
how many drill bits did you eat up?
1/8"?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     

Joey, where the hell have you been I'm real lonely here. I'm nowhere near done as I sit here and cut more panels I have the whole fire wall cut out but still have to trim, fold, and fit this metal origami. So hang in there guys I'm working on it. only Two drill bits Joey only two!, but.....
Patrick

Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications I made are technically 'street legal'

Nothing good ever happened after this statement;
Hey Moe watch this!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I put my cobra on hold to work on my sons 71 cougar. We are 90% done with the body work and the roll cage. I hope to be shooting the Black Cherry Mika paint mid November. I bought a SHO Ford Taurus engine for it. It is a really cool looking engine with 220 hp and smooth. It should be just right for a 16 year old.

Once I get him on the road I am bringing my cobra back in and resume work. You should be finished by then...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

Ok Patrick, I'm late for dinner (downstairs), I just found your adventrue an hour ago and read it start to now, in scrach building and I'm really impressed with what you have done. I will be watching, and no worries, take your time and enjoy.

Mark.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built (in process) 4.6 2v mustang
Not Ranked     

Well I see you are still working on the engineering marvel of the century. You have a lot done since the last time I was here(work always interfers with my fun things). Amazing work on the shifter (how much to build one for me) In fact why dont I just send you mine and you finish it. That might not have been a joke.
Anyway, enough nonsense-- keep up the excellent work, you are an inspiration to us. The metal work looks great. The whole build is turning out fantastic. Later

stangden
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow an amazing job so far ! I registered here just because of this build ! I have lots of questions . The most nagging is where did you get the unfinished body ? was it for racing or something ? I'm not much of a fabricator so I envy your metal working skills and you've motivated me to improve the limited skills I have . I would buy the book also if you do one ! Thanks for all the info !!!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More aluminum beat to death

Well I've gotten a few of the panels for the firewall pounded out (literally) so here are the obligatory pictures. I have all the pieces cut out for the rest but I'm fitting them up and trimming to fit as I go. When I get them all fitted I will go back and do the final trimming and cleanup. Then I will coat them with some sort of textured coating and get them riveted in place.

Oh, by the way here is proof that I must hate myself, the top of the foot box is made from one piece of metal Aluminum origami.
Patrick

Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications I made are technically 'street legal'

Hey Moe watch this!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Undecided, 289
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpatrick View Post
here is proof that I must hate myself[/b].
Patrick
I thought you were just trying to challenge your self!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Patrick, I'm still trying to warm up to your funky dash layout. But the rest of this build has been a true joy to watch and I'd shake your hand if I was local. You talk down your skills and available equipment, but you kick 99.999% of the people on this forum when it comes to fabbing stuff.

-Dean
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch building
Not Ranked     
Default 99.999

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
Patrick, I'm still trying to warm up to your funky dash layout. But the rest of this build has been a true joy to watch and I'd shake your hand if I was local. You talk down your skills and available equipment, but you kick 99.999% of the people on this forum when it comes to fabbing stuff.

-Dean
99.999%.....Pretty strong statement..........
Old 11-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfy65 View Post
99.999%.....Pretty strong statement..........
Okay, so I carried it one decimal place too far. Not too many people here that can say they totally scratch built their cars. Patrick is in very rare company...maybe one in a thousand here have the skills necessary to do all that he has done. Some here are arguably better with, say, welding. But they couldn't mock up fiberglass panels, etc. Or figure out how to engineer a certain aspect of the car. Patrick is simply amazing to watch his progress.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I concurr with RB. Patrick freakin rocks.
For an engineer
Old 11-22-2008, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Patrick

I lift my hatt of,i am over welled how good you are.I dont what to say,you are my king,hero,superstar and so on.

I have been reading all the post now this evening.(I have sertenly not undertand everything but it was interesting reading)And WOW.
Are you an artist,it seem that you could everyting,is it something you dony can do??

Before i bought my 69 Corvette i was all over for an Cobra but i understand that i will never get i finished.But now when i am finished whit the Corvette i am very up to try to build an Cobra.And when i have seen your car i have deside to try to build bye my self.So you will recive meny post from me forwards,if you dont mind

What do i need to now before i start whit my car?

Oh,sorry for my bad english

Black -69 Corvette Stingray cab, 6speed Richmond, 383CSB
Black -84 Corvette C4 Coupe Auto4+3 Th700,350CSB

Last edited by Hånta; 11-22-2008 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: i gorgotten to say one thing
Old 11-23-2008, 03:41 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Patrick, you continue to amaze....have you considered Lizard Skin for your coating? Seems to be multipurpose. A question that I didn't see earlier, on your floor/footbox....did you leave a drain provision anywhere for the odd chance that you get caught in a downpour? I was wondering if a weld in bung might take care of that if you continue with the aluminum....won't tear or crack from vibration like a plain hole might.
I finally did notice a small sign of you being a normal motor head though, these are the first pictures I remember where your garage floor wasn't spotless. Keep 'em coming. ken

Last edited by fastraxsg; 11-23-2008 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: usual mistakes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraxsg View Post
I finally did notice a small sign of you being a normal motor head though, these are the first pictures I remember where your garage floor wasn't spotless. Keep 'em coming. ken
I noticed that also, he usually sweeps and cleans up shop before he snaps pictures...
Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What!, I can't leave the man cave dirty once and a while, What-ever. Well I've made it to the end of the aluminum pieces for a while. this is what you haven't already seen in previous posts. this concludes the foot boxes and firewall parts. now I have to trim and clean them all up before coating them with a bed liner type substance.

Now I'm going to clean this mess up. there is an amazing amount of drill, saw, and file shavings everywhere.
Patrick

Hey Moe watch this!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, got the shop picked up a bit so I took this pic. This is all the pieces to the puzzle minus the floor, which I will take out of the car after I get the tunnel aluminum cleaned up.

Patrick

Hey Moe watch this!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Patrick, you have amazed us beyond belief with your out of the box ideas and the incredible follow through, it was just nice to see that we normal types can still relate to you on some plane (the messy floor). Keep at it, you are an inspiration to all here and if any of us every get a chance to see this masterpiece in person, it would be close to a religious experience after having watched its birth and development here.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraxsg View Post
it was just nice to see that we normal types can still relate to you on some plane (the messy floor).
well it was good while it lasted...he freakin cleaned up again.