Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1962, 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB View Post
I'm thinking about selling mine, so I can build one of these:

Pete
Is this a GTM? I am thinking about doing the same thing.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

No, not a GTM. Superlite Coupe by Race Car Replicas: SuperLite Cars Made in the USA, Engineered to Win on the Street and Track by Race Car Replicas

Pete
Old 06-18-2013, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 289 USRRC - sold, RCR GT40 - Sold , WC Cobra - Sold, Stallion - Sold, Tiger - sold
Not Ranked     

I sold my first Cobra when the wife decided to go back to work after having kids....and she thought she needed a roof.

I sold my second Cobra before Texas became Kit Car friendly since I could not meet DOT and emissions requirements for the year it was titled.

So, will it be a third Cobra? Or a GT40? or SL-C? I am visiting Race Car Replicas this July to make my decision!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

I have no idea. My FFR has been on the road since Jan 2001 It is the longest I have ever owned a car.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #522
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by zots View Post
I sold my first Cobra when the wife decided to go back to work after having kids....and she thought she needed a roof.

I sold my second Cobra before Texas became Kit Car friendly since I could not meet DOT and emissions requirements for the year it was titled.

So, will it be a third Cobra? Or a GT40? or SL-C? I am visiting Race Car Replicas this July to make my decision!
Well, when I do sell, it will be to buy a GT40. CAV, RCR, SPF....not sure yet.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My profile says I'm waiting on my CSX 4000 series, well that was true when I signed up. But in 2007 , I visited RCR, and was so impressed with his cars, that I got my deposit back on the 4000, so I could purchase a Mark 4.

Unfortunately, before I could pull the trigger I got involved with a 66 Ford 2dr Custom R code, a one of one, which was just highlighted in Muscle Car Review, I'm the buyer who didn't buy because of health reasons,, cancer, so all future projects were cancelled.

Anyhow, you'll be very impressed with Fran's operation, man I wish I could of pulled the trigger on a Mark 4, to me, there's nothing more beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zots View Post

Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX3183 View Post
My profile says I'm waiting on my CSX 4000 series, well that was true when I signed up. But in 2007 , I visited RCR, and was so impressed with his cars, that I got my deposit back on the 4000, so I could purchase a Mark 4.

Unfortunately, before I could pull the trigger I got involved with a 66 Ford 2dr Custom R code, a one of one, which was just highlighted in Muscle Car Review, I'm the buyer who didn't buy because of health reasons,, cancer, so all future projects were cancelled.

Anyhow, you'll be very impressed with Fran's operation, man I wish I could of pulled the trigger on a Mark 4, to me, there's nothing more beautiful.
CSX3183,

66 was a Les Ritchey car if it was a factory lightweight (no painted bumpers).
Love that car!
I am sorry to hear about your recent troubles and will pray for you. I sit on several boards related to cancer, mainly The LLS folks, and stand willing to help any way I can.
God Bless.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI; '68 427FESO Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Are you kiddin' me? I don't even know why I BOUGHT it in the first place

Unrelated: CSX3183: you can always borrow mine. Come down to Shreveport, LA, and you can drive mine!

Hector
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

You get to LA, just let me know and you and I will ride. I will take you to a place and give you have the keys.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

After a few days of reading all of the great posts, I was bothered by mine, as it just didn't seem right, then it dawned on me, "Arnold" didn't call them sissy men,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he called them "girly men"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX3183 View Post
First I'll comment on all of the answers for why people sold them so quickly, for the most part I think the answers were spot on.

But why was the question asked in the first place? All one has to do is look at the threads over the years, to get your answers.

1. How can I put in cup holders?
2. I want to install A/C.
3. I want to install heated seats.
4. I can't find room for my feet.
5. Where can I buy a hardtop?

And the list goes on and one and on forever, trying to make a Cobra into a Lincoln. What did the "Arnold the Gov." call them,,,,,,,,sissy men??

If your not willing to be uncomfortable or to sacrifice, buy a Lincoln, Caddy, Lexus, and quit complaining.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks gentleman

The 66 was not a LW, car was ordered by a guy in Western Mi., it's a one of one because of front power disc brakes. No racing history.

Yes in 2009 I came down with tongue cancer, after chemo and 35 radiation treatments my cancer started remission. Radiation killed my salvia glands, and the scarring from the burns inside the throat, made it impossible to swallow. Now live with a feeding tube in my stomach so I can eat.

Things going good until last May, found a spot on my left lung, and on 6/7/12 I had the lower half of my left lung removed. Just got good news, my results yesterday from my last CT scan, while I have 6 VERY small spots on both lungs, they are NOT growing, so could be scar tissue, from previous bouts with pneumonia.

Thanks for the offers, and prayers, I fully intend to beat this.

Last edited by CSX3183; 06-19-2013 at 04:48 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI; '68 427FESO Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Seems to me, cancer tried, but couldn't beat you. F*(& cancer! Stay up, stay moving, and stay clear... you da' man.

About that GT40 Mark IV... I like it too. I can't afford another toy but maybe 40 (pun intended) of us get together, each put in $5K, and get us a bad ass one? We can keep it at one of those racing track clubs and keep a schedule for driving it on track. All the expenses for storing, maintenance, etc would be shared to...

I don't know, it could work. Would give the non-crazy rich of us an opportunity to own a super exotic classic race car

Hector
Old 06-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutosnake View Post
Seems to me, cancer tried, but couldn't beat you. F*(& cancer! Stay up, stay moving, and stay clear... you da' man.

About that GT40 Mark IV... I like it too. I can't afford another toy but maybe 40 (pun intended) of us get together, each put in $5K, and get us a bad ass one? We can keep it at one of those racing track clubs and keep a schedule for driving it on track. All the expenses for storing, maintenance, etc would be shared to...

I don't know, it could work. Would give the non-crazy rich of us an opportunity to own a super exotic classic race car

Hector
I suggested this very thing before on another thread. Would like to see a group effort to support our folks and keep their dreams in the family until one of us, or their family, can afford to grab it. Like a "holding pen". I'm sure the lawyers and insurance companies will love that idea!
Tutosnake likes this.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello decooney:

I posted here because I've decided to go with Superformace as the company I'm most comfortable with to build my rolling chasis. Of all the replica builders, I just think they're the best fit for me. So, I figured I'd get input from the SPF community as to why I see so many of them for sale so quickly.... Thanks for your thoughts as well.

Cheers!
Cobra Man For Life!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Ward for your 2 cents. I appreciate the input from all of you guys that have already traveled down the road I'm now trying to get on... I just won't be satisfied until I've owned one of these incredible machines. I'm a guy who never really had the hot car I always wanted when I was younger and I'm 45 yrs. old now. As the kids are off in college now, I want to do this for me soon, so I can truly appreciate the experience.

Since I live in NC only 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Dennis Olthoff Racing, my plan is to visit Dennis, test drive one, and then take some lessons to really learn how drive and handle this street legal race car before I order mine.....Thanks again for your comments!

Cobra Man For Life!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Braggin' View Post
Since I live in NC only 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Dennis Olthoff Racing, my plan is to visit Dennis, test drive one, and then take some lessons to really learn how drive and handle this street legal race car before I order mine.....Thanks again for your comments!
Cobra Man For Life!!!
This is the smartest thing you can do, test drive one and then attend a couple of driving courses/schools to learn how to drive/handle a high powered car safely....once you get your car, go back and get some instructions in your car.......you'll be glad you did......

David
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cool, thanks! I just might just take you up on that. I lived in LA almost 15 years and still have lots of family there. I'm in LA for business usually once or twice a year so I'll message you if I have time on my next trip. Thanks again....
Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks David! I'm not quite ready to buy just yet, but I'm hopeful within a year or two I can make the leap! But, in the meantime, I figure I can learn as much as I can so I'm truly ready to handle all that brut power. So glad Olthoff Racing is just down the road from me....

Chris
Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL! Very true and very funny...
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Dwight for your comments, amd I think Henrik does have a good point. It's nice to hear from guys like yourself that really love their Cobra's.

Since I live very close to Dennis Olthoff Racing in NC, I'm going to vist him, test drive a SPF, and take some lessons before I take the plunge!

Chris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: