28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree25Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Page after page, that's what I'm trying to do here ("writing strongly worded letter"), if you didn't notice. Pretty stealthy huh?

Blah, blah, blah.....replica, blah, blah, blah.....replica. Ned, you and I all agree on that fact (you own a Shelby Cobra replica). That's I'll care about. And I'm sure there are many others who agree with that fact as well.

Yours truly,
RodKnock
So that's the problem. Must be some type of dyslexic condition that converts factual and logical information in your old brain into "blah, blah, blah" .

There got to be medication for that! Please see a doctor my friend.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Nice try, Evan, but I'm not going to bite.

You're too much fun to mess with. And much too easy to provoke.

Damn!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

To use a post from many,many,many years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Hmmm....

Just wanted to see who would dig up a thread that ended OVER TWO FREEKING YEARS AGO!
Jamo, where are you now

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-03-2015, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

So Real-1 , what do you have for a Tag on your "genuine, replica, Shelby Cobra KIT Car????
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Yup, sh!t has not changed in over ten years.

I agree with Mrmustang - this horse has been beaten.

As Ron said several years ago - this is a two bagger. Hot buttered and a dash of salt.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Many people don't realize that attorneys are trained to argue their client's side of an issue without regard to whether or not they agree with it or think it is correct. Once they have picked their side of the issue, they will not acknowledge losing the argument no matter the strength of their opponents case. .... If any of you think you are going to get Evan to concede what most of us already know, you are mistaken. So I assume you just like rattling his cage for fun, and he, being an attorney, enjoys practicing his art. I, for one, won't be back to look at this thread for a long time. Bye.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Ditto, every forum has a "class clown", I guess we know who ours is.

Evan - ",,, See your opinion/position means nothing and carries 0 weight with anyone but you and those who don't own Shleby Cobras who feel better about what they own by bringing down what someone else owns ,,,"

Not an opinion/position but court ruling. You're still getting it wrong, repeat after me -
I own a Shelby "Continuation" Replica Kit Car of the Shelby Cobra.

Now that wasn't so hard was it
Wow! That's quite a mouth full. Seems like you covered all your bases.

So it finally comes out as to what you guys want Shelby owners to say for you guys to feel better about what you have. Sad.

That just to "wordy" and interferes with my efforts to "mislead" people so I'll just stick with what I've been using.

btw you are still way lost on the court decision you keep using. Your statement as to the "opinion and ruling" is very simply wrong. Still stumbling around in the dark on this one. However, the correct answer is right in there in one of the paragraphs. Just gave you a hint. Come on let's see if you can figure it out. I'm betting you won't.

Yours truly,

Clowny.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-03-2015 at 05:23 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 05:29 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
So Real-1 , what do you have for a Tag on your "genuine, replica, Shelby Cobra KIT Car????
Yes you of all people need use that "therapeutic" description of my car. Bet you feel much better now.

Says the man that thinks Chebby engines belong in Cobra replicas (using the "replica" term as generally understood to mean fake).

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-03-2015 at 05:42 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
,,, That just to "wordy" and interferes with my efforts to "mislead" people so I'll just stick with what I've been using,,,
On that we can ALL agree and the point being made here ad nauseam. So give your fellow replica kit car owners a big thumbs up for their honesty and then carry on living the lie.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Neutral     

To quote a famous person on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Harris View Post
CSX 4206. Delivered June 5, 2001. 123 miles.

Your honor, the defendant has openly admitted that his car was delivered to him in 2001, and not in the year(s) 1962-1967, and there by his own admission is not an original Cobra.

Case closed.
trularin and 4pipes like this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 09-03-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 05:54 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You know, it just hit me. You guys are just crying out for help. I have been cruel and selfish. I realize that because you are not fortunate enough to own Shelbys many of you are suffering from a painful envy syndrome.

For humanitarian reasons and to make you feel better about the fakes you own and so we can all just get along nicely I think you guys should adopt the therapeutic description as used by JoesGarage when referring to Shelby Continuation Cobras. I'll play along promise. We can call it the Club Cobra Continuation Shelby therapeutic mantra.

Sorry for being so mean in the past.

Your friend.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
To quote a famous person on this forum

Your honor, the defendant has openly admitted that his car was delivered to him in 2001, and not in the year(s) 1962-1967, and there by his own admission is not an original Cobra.

Case closed.
Correcct. Its not an orignal series Cobra.

Facts don't change.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-03-2015 at 06:36 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Yes it is a "genuine Shelby" but so is a Dodge Omni ,and a Dodge Dakota small pickup and a Shelby series -1 with an Oldsmobile engine, but that don't make them a Cobra! And a CHEVY in a Cobra , well there at several documented instance where AC Cars ltd (Circa 1966) put a Chevy in a Cobra from the factory. And todays incarnation of AC Cars puts GM LS engines in their Cobra. And I have been told that todays incarnation of Shelby American has installed at least a dozen Gm LS engines in Continuation Replica Cobras ( I guess thru factory authorized shops) So they are all real Shelbys and ACs ,for whatever that is worth, but are they Real Shelby-Ford-AC COBRAs ,,,,NOPE !!! Facts don't change.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You know, it just hit me. You guys are just crying out for help. I have been cruel and selfish. I realize that because you are not fortunate enough to own Shelbys many of you are suffering from a painful envy syndrome.

For humanitarian reasons and to make you feel better about the fakes you own and so we can all just get along nicely I think you guys should adopt the therapeutic description as used by JoesGarage when referring to Shelby Continuation Cobras. I'll play along promise. We can call it the Club Cobra Continuation Shelby therapeutic mantra.

Sorry for being so mean in the past.

Your friend.
Naw, no need for a "Club Cobra Continuation Shelby therapeutic mantra". We're all on board with what you have, it's you in need of therapy. But your problem has roots that are deep due to years of self-induced brainwashing. Rather than go through the troublesome task of identifying your Shelby for what it is - "a Shelby Continuation Series Kit Car Replica of an original Shelby Cobra", I suggest when members reply to you they simply refer to you/your car as REAL_FAKE_1. Only have to type it once, quick an easy, the right therapeutic reminder of what it is that you own.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

In case you guys haven't noticed, Real 1 is a master of obfuscation.

His license plate, though 100% accurate, is designed to misrepresent the value and history of his vehicle to the general public, thus inflating his perceived status.

His tag line at the bottom of all his posts, though 100% correct, makes readers think that he is, or was, an Army Ranger. I know I did. He wasn't! Once again, serving to inflate his perceived status.

Notice how he generally try's to take the offensive and rarely addresses all the facts? Typical lawyer speak. He bills by the hour, thus a yes/no question will elicit a three paragraph response. And none of it will answer your question. And when he has no response, he will denigrate the other party in an attempt to make them feel "less than" and put them on the defense. Another good lawyer tactic.
Remember, the best defense is a good offense. And, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull--it. And finally, like any good lawyer knows, deny, deny, deny.

Individuals that have this kind of personality are fun to mess with. Their personal worth and status is directly tied to their possessions. Thus, to admit to it would destroy their personal foundation.
Trying to get Real1 to admit to the public that his cobra is no better than a mere replica will never happen. His self image is tied to the deception.

Now, watch how he will try to degrade me personally (or attack my car) or accuse me of being an amateur psychologist rather than address the issues. He is a master of deflection. Same BS, different day.
But, not once will he admit to his deceptions.

I apologize if I've gone too far, but I have grown tired of reading his attempts to deflect the issues and his repeated attempts to talk down to others. He obviously has a need to feel superior to all of us. Usually that stems from a severe inferiority complex. And nothing we can do or say will change him.

Last edited by jhv48; 09-03-2015 at 09:31 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I agree. It's a technically a true replica of the original Series Cobra. No argument.
Everyone, this was settled several pages back. Evan owns a REPLICA. He admits it and said "No argument."

When you bring something back 30+ years later, it's a clone, replica, etc. NOT the same company, NOT the same parts, NOT the same employees, NOT the same process(es), sales, licensing, registration, production or otherwise.

We're done. The rest is word play.

Last edited by RodKnock; 09-03-2015 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2015, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
,,, His tag line at the bottom of all his posts, though 100% correct, makes readers think that he is, or was, an Army Ranger. I know I did. He wasn't! Once again, serving to inflate his perceived status ,,,
I also thought he was an Army Ranger, interesting, fits the inferiority complex perfectly.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Second bag and still going strong.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

We have to thicken our skin a little if we're driving anything but a CSX2/3.

I wonder if Evan had a different Cobra, chassis # POS1234, but had the same exact opinion...would people love to go at it with him? Then again, something tells me if he owned CSX3xxx, he would still love to argue .

I don't mean to get all 'Mr. Brady' here, but the incessant knocking him down is somewhat of a transparent, self fulfilling prophecy steeped in insecurity. I don't see a CSX4/6/7/8/9 owner going at it with him, myself included. Because we're on the same side? No. My opinion hasn't changed since I owned an SPF 3 Cobras ago. His opinion doesn't raise my Cobra(s), and my opinion doesn't lower his.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
... but the incessant knocking him down is somewhat of a transparent, self fulfilling prophecy steeped in insecurity. I don't see a CSX4/6/7/8/9 owner going at it with him, myself included. Because we're on the same side? No. My opinion hasn't changed since I owned an SPF 3 Cobras ago. His opinion doesn't raise my Cobra(s), and my opinion doesn't lower his.
I think everyone should just agree with Evan's argument. All problems and hard feelings would then go away, and nothing would really change anyway. C'mon, it's not like he's driving a beige ERA or something....
Closed Thread