21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Top Bows

Jim,
Since our cars are wider, I'd think the tops and bows are wider as well. Can't be certain as the windshields are the same. A set of bows for a Classic Roadster II should be the same since it has the same basic dimensions. You might try Double Venom (Ed Combs) to see if he has any leads. You can locate him on the CR II forum on this site. Let me know what you find out.

Mike
Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra, 302 fi
Not Ranked     
Default #103 on eBay

I would think this has to be one of the first to be sold to the public:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259

Blue with stripes, titled as '93 model. Interesting car.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohekk View Post
As you know, Excalibur was the ONLY manufacturer of DOT certifed,EPA compliant reproduction Cobras.

I'm trying to start a registry of Excalibur Cobras.

Please E Mail details of your Cobra and LAST 3 Digits of your VIN#

Thanks

Tom "OHEKK" Hekkers
Okay! I will check my friend's email. I think he has it.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default hinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohekk View Post
As you know, Excalibur was the ONLY manufacturer of DOT certifed,EPA compliant reproduction Cobras.

I'm trying to start a registry of Excalibur Cobras.

Please E Mail details of your Cobra and LAST 3 Digits of your VIN#

Thanks

Tom "OHEKK" Hekkers
Hi tom, this is Hasan from Istabul Turkey. I have a 1994 Excalibur Cobra here but the vin number is not Excalibur as Excalişbur is not a registerde brand in Turkey as ı have Chevrolet Corvette mechanicals it is registered as Corvette Stingray in Turkey. It is bigger than a Cobra, has much more leg room; I think 6.5 inches longer and about 4 inches breiter. If ytou want to register my Cobra I can gladly send you photos of if you give me your email. My email is hinsel@tnn.net . I have a tonneau cover, side curtains, but no hood. can you tell me where I can get a complete soft top.
Best wishes,
Hasan
Old 09-13-2010, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsel View Post
Hi tom, this is Hasan from Istabul Turkey. I have a 1994 Excalibur Cobra here but the vin number is not Excalibur as Excalişbur is not a registerde brand in Turkey as ı have Chevrolet Corvette mechanicals it is registered as Corvette Stingray in Turkey. It is bigger than a Cobra, has much more leg room; I think 6.5 inches longer and about 4 inches breiter. If ytou want to register my Cobra I can gladly send you photos of if you give me your email. My email is hinsel@tnn.net . I have a tonneau cover, side curtains, but no hood. can you tell me where I can get a complete soft top.
Best wishes,
Hasan
Hasan,
I have the registry now as Tom is busy with other projects for the time being. I would be glad to add your car to the registry and send you a complete copy. If you will look at the outside of the frame in front of the right front suspension you will find the VIN number stamped in the metal. It should also have this number on the driver's side door on a label fixed there. It may have been removed when imported into Turkey, but the VIN on the frame is difficult to destroy or cover up. You can contact me at mduke8@gmail.com with the VIN information, more details on your car (such as how long you have had it and any ownership history you have on it, photos and details on how it came to have the GM motor).

The top is difficult. Since the cars are no longer made, the source of the tops is not known. Classic Roadster II used the same top, but they are no longer making their car or selling parts. There is faint hope the legal problems of CR II will be settled and they will be back in business. Until then, if ever, you can try looking at the CR II forum here on Club Cobra and posting a message asking if any of the CR II owners have one for sale. I have seen one or two change hands in the past three years. The factory cost was about $900 as I recall. Best wishes on finding one. DV or Double Venom (Ed Combs) on that forum is a great source for CR II parts and info. He might be able to give you some leads in your hunt for a top.

Mike
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, finally getting around to getting rid of the smog stuff. Don Scott is mentioned quite a few times with his headers/pipes that will work on Excals. Is he still around? I saw some posts from '09 that said he's no longer in business. Anyone have any info on this subject?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Headers/Exhaust

Birdwatcher II,
I'd try contacting Double Venom (Ed Combs) on the Classic Roadster Forum of this site (CRII). He has made headers before and I think he has fixtures to help keep them accurate and reasonable. Not sure if he can help on the rest of the exhaust or not, but he will probably be able to steer you in the right direction. Don Adams is not currently involved with Cobras.

Mike
Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike. I will do and report back my findings.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Excalibur Vin # 003, flawless body, blue/white, stock 5.0 with dual 4's, engine dress up
Not Ranked     
Default Need a lot of information

True car nut here and have recently owned Gallardos, 911 Turbos, Bentley GTs, but found my 4th Excalibur, a 1993 Excalibur Cobra with a vin ending in "003" and 18K miles. This Cobra was purchased by a 50 year old lady in '93 and sold to me a few months ago. It was registered in MA as a "Cobra" and when I brought the title into SC, they also registered the Make as a "Cobra". The Cobra has 18K miles and was in amazing condition, but being me, I am having the best painter I know, (Ironton, Ohio) do a total repaint. I ordered petals & emblems from Snakebite, have a Edelbrock duel 4 setup, great looking powercoated blue valve covers and when I am finished, the engine compartment will look as good as the new, back to original blue with white stripes exterior. BUT, even having owned a previous '96 Excalibur Cobra and two other Excaliburs, I know very little about these cars and would appreciate any and all information concerning them.. Also if any Cobra owners in and around Charlotte, NC need any kind of help or to borrow a great trailer with an alum. air dam, just let me know. Thanks guys and this is a great site.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur cobra info

I have a pretty good collection of info, including a comprehensive summary of the posts in this thread, as well as a spread sheet registry of these cars. Send me an email to mduke8@gmail.com and I will send you copies as attachments to my reply. I'd like to include detailed info on 003 based on your ownership and changes.

Mike
Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default '94 Excalibur for sale

I received this from an owner who wishes to sell her Excalibur cobra:

"hi mike....i'm selling my 94 excal cobra soon...........just under 20,000 miles.....still stock with new tires ,got a new radio/cd for it...had the car since 2006....will sell for $28,000 firm...last 6 digits of vin are 123016....i'm on the owners list.....my cell# is 610 800 3639 if anyone may be interested or have any questions on the car.......i'm 65 years old will be moving this year and i'll have no place to put the car...i have the car in storage now i wont be driving it much, my new hobby is fishing....the car will be on ebay by mid spring with that reserve your club followers have 1st shot (great informative club) could you please post this for your members...Tony"

This is a red car with white stripes and black interior. Car was in Florida before they bought it in 2006. It is now in Pennsylvania. Please contact him for info.

Mike

Mike

Last edited by cobraduke; 01-26-2011 at 06:24 AM..
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     

$28,000 is a great price for that car.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 016

I agree. I have the photos from the 2006 ebay listing and it really looks great.

Mike
Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Skychicken's '96, silver, 10k miles on ebay. Oakland, CA. BIN $39,500.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to cobraeric
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur Radiator

I need a new radiator for my #074. I know mine was probably costom made at a place called Scotty´s. I found a tag on the bottom end of it with "025765 Scotty´s". Does anyone know of a stock radiator that will fit with the exact size and inlet/outlet?

Thanks

Eric
Old 04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric, can't help on a stock unit but here is the info on Scotty's. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Doug

Scotty's Radiator
12465 W Lisbon Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005

(262) 781-5060
Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric,

Since you are in Germany, I decided to call Scotty's Radiators on your behalf. They are gone but there is another business there that bought Scotty out. I talked to the owner, Jeff Seebot and he said if I brought my car over, he could probably duplicate the radiator.

When it stops raining here, I'll do that and maybe we can get something designed for anyone in the group that may need a new radiator.

He also said he could do new headers. I'll check that out as well.

Doug
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to cobraeric
Not Ranked     

Thanks Doug,

let me know what you found out. Or maybe we can find an "off the shelf" radiator that can be slightly modified by the shop to fit.

Eric

PS: I found out my rear brakes are probably from the 1992 Lincoln Mark VII.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1997 Excalibur
Not Ranked     

A little late in the game here, But number 173 is in Northern California.
air conditioning, 5 speed, black with yellow stripes,
4,365 original miles.
car is currently for sale.
Specialty Sales Classic Cars:: 1997 AC Cobra Excalibur -

not trying to spam your forum, but would love for this car to o to a great home, where someone will appreciate it!
it has to have close the the lowest miles on any other one out there.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not Spam

Thanks for the info. When it sells, please encourage the new owner to become active on this site and specifically this thread.

Mike