Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default door handle update

Thanks for the help identifying door handle mechanism. Handle is from 75-81 Camaro as is the chincy looking plastic escutcheon it is mounted in. But there is a catch. Both handles and escutcheons are mounted upside down - so Left hand goes on Right and Right hand goes on left. Go figure.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Door Handle Parts

Where did you source them? My surrounds are rubbed to the bare yellow plastic.

Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default escutcheons - door handle cups

Located these @ D & R Classic Automotive. Part # F00060-PR. $24.95 for the pair.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Door Handle Cups

Duplicate, redundant, heck!

Last edited by cobraduke; 05-20-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Door Handle Cups

Cool, got 'm bookmarked!

Mike
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 010 and 090 on ebay

VIN 010 is currently on ebay with buy it now of $28,000. 15,000 miles, looks to be in good condition. Silver and black. This is one of the first 10 cars.

VIN 090 is still on ebay (third time offered in past 6 months) for $42,995 with 20 K miles, white and blue.

Mike
Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default diference

Can anyone tell me the difference in Excalibur's and Classic roadsters I have one CR and another partial that the guy furnished some info to me showing it was a JAC 427 no tittle just bill of sale It's red with white strip had been wrecked and new front end put on missing parts trying to figure out what I have other than a little difference in door cutouts everything appears to be same. Frame is same except for one has brackets for strut arms other doesn't. Don't have enough parts at this time to finish both of them but, trying to find out what I got.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     

Gas40, can you take some close-up pictures of the JAC and put them into your gallery? What's the VIN? I have something very similar to a CR but doesn't have the extented door cut-outs. Mine was built in Atlanta in 1994, with the VIN starting with ACE and the last two digits ending in "01" and rumor has it it was one of five built by "Atlanta Cobra Enterprises" or "Atlanta Cobra Exchange"???
Look in my gallery to see if your's looks similar.
Ralph
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Thts the problem I cannot find any numbers anywhere on body or chassis and the guy that I got it from died so no one knows anything about this I have had it for 9 years haven't had time to do anything with it till recently
Old 07-09-2008, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra, Kenne Bell supercharged 302
Not Ranked     
Default Help!! My top won't stay on!!

Anyone out there in Excalibur Cobraland know where I can find those teeny tiny windshield clips that hold the soft top to the windshield?? Not that I ever put the top on but while we're flying down the road, vibrations shimmy those little buggers off, I only have 2 now. Worst comes to worst I'll just have to get 'em made. Hope it doesn't come to that. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Windshield Parts

Supercharged,
Almost all (I believe literally) cobra replicas use the identical windshield, including the frame with the slot for the top studs- same as the originals. These are supposed to be adjusted for top fit then fixed in position by using an allen wrench to tighten them against the slot. I have never heard of a specific source for these studs, but places like Finishline and Cobra Restorers sell the frames and might have these parts separately. Several of the replica kit suppliers (such as Shell Valley) also sell the windshield assemblies separately. If you locate these studs, let us know with a post as I'm sure that others are missing some or have damaged ones.

In Texas, I use my top ocasionally (to make the AC effective when it gets above 85 with humidity and to make the heater work when it gets below 50). I have all my studs and have worked out the mounting pretty well to seal out the elements. Since my first hot rod was an Austin Healy 100 with a Chevy 283, I guess I'm conditioned to accept such crude weather protection. The Healy didn't even have a heater I'm liking all the Excalibur high tech upgrades.

You had asked in another thread in 2007 about specifications of the Excalibur cobra. If you didn't get them or want more info, part applications and other related info/history, email me (PM) or mduke8@gmail.com and I'll send you what I've collected in exchange for more info about yours. Is it still GRUMPY?

Mike
Old 07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra, Kenne Bell supercharged 302
Not Ranked     
Default windshield parts

Thanks Duke, I'll check them out.
Yes it's still Grumpy, and yes I'm still looking (always looking)
Old 07-14-2008, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra, 302 fi
Not Ranked     
Default Exhaust, of course

Well, I've now read all 33 pages of the posts and I guess the conclusion is that there is no bolt on answer for the header/sidepipes? I'm interested in one if anyone knows of something. If Dennis Scott had one available, I hear he is on an indefinite hiatus??? Anyway, does anyone know of a quick way to "open up" the sidepipes? Is it as simple as removing the plate over the two pipes that are blocked off (from what I gather they're blocked...never explored in mine).

On a side note, I have been working at a VERY slow pace to get a site together as a tribute to the car. More to follow on that in the winter months, my slow season.

Any info on the sidepipes is greatly appreciated. I'm fine with keeping my smog stuff for now, just want a little more sound and power.

thanks,
Alex
#123038 (aka the funnest car i've ever owned)
Old 07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Color

Ahh, one more question while we're at it. Does anyone have ANY clue what the code or at least name of the red used on the 1994 cars were? I have all my original paperwork, including brochure and can't find anything on the color. I need a small touch up and would like to at least start it off right.

thanks again,
alex
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Alex, I had a set of true headers made & did not use any Cats & left sidepipes stock. Has a good tone & when you open it up they will talk & gets 23 mpg!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default keep welding

I checked on flyboy's new headers. I think I will continue welding until 1. Don Scott reappears with a set of CRII headers or 2. I win the lottery.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

flyboy, 'm an exhaust novice, so curious about this. Will I have to hunt down someone in the St. Louis area that is highly skilled with extensive tooling to get some made? Any direction you can point me in?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alex, most likely CR is the only one with a jig but then again CR kept me on hold with a make believe order that was to be filled any day, then after several weeks said that they had lost it thru a move? You could ask Rob with Keith Craft Plano TX or the man that bought my FF that owns Fastlanecars.com that is real close to St Lou has a Excal that offered to help me with a set. Couple of options for you.
still have my old exhaust & complete top of engine with 4000 miles & No Welds ( so far)!!! Wendell 870-904-8810 cell
Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay CobraDuke, You always bumfuzzle me how You know were ALL The Excals are for sale but Maybe just Maybe I found one You did not know about...... listed as 95 or 97 (?) but black with red & black interior and about 3100 miles for 37,900. @ fastlanecars.com Wendell
Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 080

Flyboy,
That's a new sighting alright! Good eye. Still only 3193 miles, looks perfect, even the undercarrage is spotless. It appears to be very similar to 078, last reported as for sale in Germany in 2002. Black with black and red interior. Haven't seen photos of 078. Thanks for the report, I got some great photos on file now.

Mike