23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree46Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Evan: Likewise. What you say in this subject area matters not to me either.

The upside of this thread has been the Mullen2 came out of the shadows and joined us with his CSX1000 car.
Fair enough and agreed on both counts.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Evan: Likewise. What you say in this subject area matters not to me either.

The upside of this thread has been the Mullen2 came out of the shadows and joined us with his CSX1000 car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Fair enough and agreed on both counts.
Oh Golly. Now I suppose there will be a youtube video of the big hug ? It almost made me cry !!!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Overall...a good day.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Almac Cobra 427R
Not Ranked     

Except I still think we need to consider that Shelby replicated the Chevy powered AC ace.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

The peanut gallery whines for tranquillity, repeatedly posts pics of dead horses being beaten then when things calm down routinely throw a live grenade back in. Comical really.

Just like a troublesome kindergarden class that hears what it what's to hear, refuses to listen and learn because it already knows what it knows and as a result never moves on to the next grade despite my best efforts to help them. Sad.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevanWright View Post
Except I still think we need to consider that Shelby replicated the Chevy powered AC ace.
Yes indeed, without chevy powered ACE's hitting USA tracks in 1957, the cobra may not have been, those were the early cobra prototypes. The ford guys hate to hear this, it pops their little bubble that it was shelby's idea to put a V8 in a euro sports car. There's a reason CS went to GM first, 5 years later no less, but he couldn't have his own chevy powered ACE, so he settled for 2nd best with a ford. Getting the history straight can be a biatch!
_
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The peanut gallery whines for tranquillity, repeatedly posts pics of dead horses being beaten then when things calm down routinely throw a live grenade back in. Comical really.

Just like a troublesome kindergarden class that hears what it what's to hear, refuses to listen and learn because it already knows what it knows and as a result never moves on to the next grade despite my best efforts to help them. Sad.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are nothing but a troll who gets his kicks off being an internet a$$. I really feel sorry for you.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerwire View Post
Here's a picture of two factory approved full competition cars, csx 4163 and csx 1003 at SAC 35. I can only speak for myself, but I believe you won't see these cars sell below 200 thousand. I don't know if any of the other competition cars have sold, but I doubt they would sell below 200 thousand either.

imgur: the simple image sharer
So I'm confused, why are all the other CSX4000 cars on SAAC all circa $85,000.00
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quite frankly, I'm glad for the earlier Chevy powered Ace.
It proved to be a loser.

The Ford powered Cobra? Well, we're not going to revise that now, are we?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Quite frankly, I'm glad for the earlier Chevy powered Ace.
It proved to be a loser ...
Well, I guess that makes CS dumb as a door knob, he wanted chevy power first
_
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Your car is a rare Continuation Cobra for sure. The peanut gallery here is what it is. I agree that the early alloy Continuation Cobras and others special Shelby's will bring a premium especially in the future if the hobby endures. The early cars had many details the current ones do not have along with being at SAI when CS was there and very much involved.
I think a lot of interesting tidbits have come to the surface if you can swim through the muck.

I heard a lot about those original body bucks being used by Angliss and so many have come out that they were not original. Who knows.

Interesting thing about when Bill Harrah had his guys scour the countryside, his big interest was the first one made or the last one made in a series. That along with very rare cars. That's why I asked about CSX 1001.

I would be interested to hear what details are on those early Cobras that are not being produced in later generations.

What hold on for a second you mean those early Cobras being associated with CS are closer to originals? Then Real1's may be closer to a fakeydoo Cobra than he thinks. Only joking but I hear better than yours coming through all the time so the early ones are better than others in your opinion?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Well, I guess that makes CS dumb as a door knob, he wanted chevy power first
_
Stands to reason. CS was going after a soft target. Chevy had the Corvette and he figured they would 'get it'. But the GM brick wall that eventually led them to be bailed out, was well established back then.
Ford had stodgy offerrings and was poised for change. The rest, is history.

I don't know if ol Shel was as dumb as a door knob, but if you've ever known a champion, you'd know them to have built successes on top of failures.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
So I'm confused, why are all the other CSX4000 cars on SAAC all circa $85,000.00
Assuming your question is serious, and I'll keep it brief, there are both aluminum and fiberglass CSX4000's. The aluminum bodied CSX4000's are not anywhere near $85,000. Roughly double that amount. A new completed alloy CSX4000 sits at Hillbank asking $199,000. The bodies of the aluminum CSX4000's are produced by Kirkham. The CSX1000's are all aluminum bodies and were produced in England. The English CSX1000 series are roughly double the value of aluminum CSX4000 series Cobra's.

Again, just a thumbnail sketch and the values I've thrown out can be argued since not many are traded, at least publicly.
Sideways likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
I heard a lot about those original body bucks being used by Angliss and so many have come out that they were not original. Who knows.
I had an AC Autokraft. It was a beautifully crafted car.
But if it was built on original bucks, then Angliss (or someone else) changed them.

As far as the lightweights, I don't know. Rick (Mark IV) would.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX-1000 Shelby AC Cobra
Not Ranked     

Sorry Could not get the photos up.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX-1000 Shelby AC Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
I had an AC Autokraft. It was a beautifully crafted car.
But if it was built on original bucks, then Angliss (or someone else) changed them.

As far as the lightweights, I don't know. Rick (Mark IV) would.
I have some great photos of the Bucks and some of the original tooling at AC in England when the CSX1000 cars were being built there. Also talked with some of the guys that worked there. I was told some of the original AC workers were involved with the first 14 CSX 1000 cars as well as family members of the men who built the cars in the 1960's.

I can't figure how to post them here. Probably should open a new thread if I can figure how to post them. This one is too long.
rodneym likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Please open a new thread on you csx1000 car and the bucks. It would be great to see it

Best way to post pics in forums is to upload to photo bucket and post links
rodneym likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullen2 View Post
I have some great photos of the Bucks and some of the original tooling at AC in England when the CSX1000 cars were being built there. Also talked with some of the guys that worked there. I was told some of the original AC workers were involved with the first 14 CSX 1000 cars as well as family members of the men who built the cars in the 1960's.

I can't figure how to post them here. Probably should open a new thread if I can figure how to post them. This one is too long.

Yeah I always have an assistant or someone around to help out but sometimes I like to do some stuff myself. I opened a flickr account real easy for me to post pics.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullen2 View Post

Email them to me.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #523, 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

My understanding from a reliable source who worked at the factory is that all the original bucks went into a landfill site many, many years ago. I don't believe any of the "continuation" cars were made on original bucks.
There were obviously plenty of bucks around at the factory, but that doesn't mean they were the ones from the 60's.

Paul
Closed Thread