28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree46Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraEd View Post
Evan is the Forrest Gump of Club Cobra.

My momma always said "stupid is as stupid does". Especially on CC.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I don't believe in another 60 years, hot rod makers will say "nothing rides and performs like an Acura."

These hot rods are basic cars: fast gas engines, tubular frames, no fancy gizmos; they shouldn't cost $200K++, or $150K, or $80K.

In 1962, an original cobra was about $6-7K which equals to about $50-55K today. So $50K should get u into the driver's seat for a simple go fast fun hot rod.

It is simply nostalgia that these hot rod makers are selling, and I don't believe the X or Y car enthusiast generation has any connection to these hot rod shapes and will pay $200K out the showroom door for old car technology.
I think you entirely missed my point about Honda and Acura. The point was taking the same basic platform and having the high end version cost about double what the entry level version is. And Shelby certainly has the entry level fiberglass bodied cars, as well as two different price points for aluminum bodied cars. So having the top end car cost twice as much as the entry level version is just following what other car manufacturers do.

And although there are expensive versions of Cobras, you can certainly find any number of fiberglass bodied replicas for a lot less than $80K. But if you are looking for an aluminum bodied car, you will have to spend more than $80K. And the more authentic you try to make an aluminum bodied replica, the more it will cost. And when it comes to Shelby, you are certainly paying a premium for the brand name. You can certainly build an aluminum bodied Kirkham for less than the Shelby.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
BTW, Kirkham, who supplies the aluminum bodies to Shelby, offers their rollers starting at $80,000.
Anyone ever compare the Kirkham substructure with a CSX4000? Are they essentially the same or is one more high-tech than the other?
_
Old 06-07-2014, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Anyone ever compare the Kirkham substructure with a CSX4000? Are they essentially the same or is one more high-tech than the other?
_

Kirkham and Shelby rollers have no interchangeable parts (well, maybe the steering wheel). Just like HiTech CSX glass cars and SPF. They are different. It's a contract manufacturing agreement built to manufacturer's specs. I leave "better" to your own personal views.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351w
Not Ranked     

oops,, think I've stumbled across the penny stock pump and dump section of the forums. Got to go back and read original title.

No, I'm right. (Mine is better than yours section).Ole C Shelby approved of my car also.. Signed a fakey -do, gold horse shoe, then shoved it right up the exhaust. Watching the price of it skyrocket !

Now I've got to somehow force everyone on here to believe it's real GOLD. Gotta get the last word in.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Evan, there is a huge car show here in AZ-NV called "KIT CARS ON THE COLORADO". Would you ever show your car at a show like this, or not, cause the title says KIT CARS and yours in not a KIT, but REAL...
Old 06-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spf645 View Post
oops,, think I've stumbled across the penny stock pump and dump section of the forums. Got to go back and read original title.

No, I'm right. (Mine is better than yours section).Ole C Shelby approved of my car also.. Signed a fakey -do, gold horse shoe, then shoved it right up the exhaust. Watching the price of it skyrocket !

Now I've got to somehow force everyone on here to believe it's real GOLD. Gotta get the last word in.
No. Actually this is accurately described as " I don't have what he has so let me drag it down so I feel better" section that always crops up here. On the "worlds largest non biased Cobra site"

Actually your car as a Spf is the approved licensed fake. SAI, is the manufacturer of Cobras.

Apparently your reading and comprehension skills seem consistent with one that "stumbles" a lot. You might want to try and stumble into a Registry and "stumble" through some of it. Read slowly and out loud. May help your comprehension. However there are many here that don't let facts and authoritative texts cloud personal opinion.

Got to go empty my CC pooper scooper. Be right back.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Kirkham and Shelby rollers have no interchangeable parts (well, maybe the steering wheel). Just like HiTech CSX glass cars and SPF. They are different. It's a contract manufacturing agreement built to manufacturer's specs. I leave "better" to your own personal views.
No. This has been discussed several times before. The Shelby CSX 4000/6000 frame as well as the Kirkham frames are all built so that they are completely compatible with original 1960s CSX 3000 suspension components. If you want to you can bolt a Kirkham billet aluminum suspension on to a CSX 3000, 4000 or 6000. Kirkham supplies Shelby strictly with an aluminum body on a frame and the only difference that Shelby specifies to Kirkham for the frame is a motor mount location that is different than an original CSX 3000. Shelby builds their car up from the Kirkham frame/body with Shelby sourced suspension, wire harness, seats, carpets, gauges, headlights, windshield, carpet, wheels, ..., etc.

Major things that differentiate an Aluminum Shelby CSX4000 roller from a Kirkham roller:
- Shelby is painted, Kirkham = bare aluminum filed finish with options for brushed or polished finish (if you want your Kirkham painted, you need to get someone other than Kirkham to do the painting)
- Shelby has original CSX3000 tube style suspension with Baer brakes, Kirkham has billet aluminum suspension with Wilwood brakes (Kirkham can has an expensive option for original style CSX3000 tube style suspension)
- Shelby has brand name with CSX 4000 serial number, Kirkham is their own brand with many cool ways to option out their cars.
- Shelby mostly assembled in Las Vegas (keep in mind aluminum bodied cars not fiberglass), Kirkham mostly assembled in Provo Utah. The only exception that I know of is the Shelby Aluminum bodied 50th anniversary cars for which the Kirkham body/frames were shipped from Poland to South Africa for assembly before going to Vegas.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

I have to ask; why is there a 1 year-18 months waiting list for a SAI Cobra? After the alum body/frame is put together, the rest of the roller looks easy to assemble.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

1ntCobra: nice synopsis.however I think some of the differences in mm locations came later on.

As to why there is a wait. Don't know
Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, I had to go get a second tub of popcorn for this comedy show.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Carmel popcorn. Yumm..
Old 06-08-2014, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

From SAI's website:

50th Anniversary Shelby Cobra 289 FIA CSX7000s
$94,995 Fiberglass
$159,995 Alum

50th Anniversary Shelby Cobra CSX8000s
$69,995 Fiberglass
$134,995 Alum

Alum must be expensive in Poland
Old 06-08-2014, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kirkham roller $80,000
Alum must be damn cheap in Utah
_
Old 06-08-2014, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351w
Not Ranked     

It's way to easy to keep pouring gas on this fire. And I'm out of popcorn!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Fake1 the real bottom line here is this. When anyone asks if it's an original you have to answer No just like the rest of us that own Cobra Replicas. So you paid 2 to 3 times more to answer the same question No just like us.

Now you can go on to say it's made my SAI and it's got a CSX number and all that but you lost them at No!
You may in fact get a good return on your investment and I hope you do.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Fake1 the real bottom line here is this. When anyone asks if it's an original you have to answer No just like the rest of us that own Cobra Replicas. So you paid 2 to 3 times more to answer the same question No just like us.

Now you can go on to say it's made my SAI and it's got a CSX number and all that but you lost them at No!
You may in fact get a good return on your investment and I hope you do.
Feel better calling names? Feel better trying to knock what you don't have?. Just like third grade.

See, here is the point you just can't seem to grasp. I'm not looking to win or lose anyone. I rarely take my Cobra to car shows these days. Prefer driving it much more than sitting in a lawn chair answering questions and worrying about baby carriages.

I'm rarely asked if its "original". Usually asked if "it's real" to which I answer truthfully that it is and identify it as a Continuation series Cobra. I have found more and more over the years an ever increasing number of people know about the continuation Shelby's. While there is no doubt that the fascination of an inquirer would be very high if mine where an original I can say that ever overwhelming usual overall reaction is extreme interest and fascination followed by a bevy follow up questions with impressed smiles ear to ear.

But I didn't buy my Shelby for others or what others think. Nope. I sold my beautiful ERA replica (likely nicer than your SPF and now owned by Peter Portante) because I wanted to own a Shelby Cobra not a replica of one.

Forget about the "original" issue , Hey every time you refer to your car as a "Cobra" or tell anyone "it's a Cobra" you are lying. Very simply its not even close. Fact. It's a hot rod with a plastic Cobra lookalike shell on it which just so happens to be a fake licensed by SAI. The Shelby's are Cobras. Yours? Nope. That's the bottom line. Your not pull'n any punches so I'm returning the favor. Truth hurts.

You got one of the worst cases of sour grapes here I have seen in years. Must suck.

Oh, and yes, my Cobra is worth nearly twice what I paid right now.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Sour grapes definitely not! I've told you many times before I could have bought a Continuation car if I wanted but didn't see why I should spend so much more. I rarely go to car shows either, much more fun to drive these cars.

And we've been over the whole Cobra issue before, my car is a Shelby Cobra Replica and nothing you say will ever change that. I have never passed my car off as original, when asked I always tell them it's an SPF.

Your the one who has to always have the last word and make yourself feel better not me.

I'm very happy for you that your investment is paying off.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 06-08-2014, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Another inspiring thread.

________
Old 06-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Sour grapes definitely not! I've told you many times before I could have bought a Continuation car if I wanted but didn't see why I should spend so much more. I rarely go to car shows either, much more fun to drive these cars.

And we've been over the whole Cobra issue before, my car is a Shelby Cobra Replica and nothing you say will ever change that. I have never passed my car off as original, when asked I always tell them it's an SPF.

Your the one who has to always have the last word and make yourself feel better not me.

I'm very happy for you that your investment is paying off.
Well I have no issue with your latest statements. Why you chose to spend your money and where is up to you. You are entitled. I get it. Didn't think the extra money for the Continuation was worth it since only those made on the 60s ....yup get it.

However, those that bought Conuation Cobras made a deliberate decision to do so based on certain facts that now exist and opinion. Their decision to purchase a Continution Cobra and the car is continually demeaned on this site by those that couldn't afford them or for their own personal reasons didn't buy one.

Certainly not condusive to the kind of comeradre' there should be in this hobby.