28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree86Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
But not worth the asking price for what it is vs what a comparable Kirkham cost.

Bill S.
Bingo.

The rear trunk hinges even cry out "FFR".

Seems like they didn't spend much time studying Cobras nor do they care if as someone above noted they just used some "unnamed" replica body as a guide. The shapes are all wrong which appears to be just slapped on a ffr chassis? $96 k? Really? Well I guess one of their buyers are born every minute.

Last edited by REAL 1; 12-21-2014 at 09:08 AM..
Old 12-21-2014, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
-

They did duplicate the "perky butt" detail from earlier FFR bodies. Too bad they didn't use an ERA, Hurricane or Unique body for a buck.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
They did duplicate the "perky butt" detail from earlier FFR bodies. Too bad they didn't use an ERA, Hurricane or Unique body for a buck.

I think you missed what I said. There is apparently no finished car yet, so the company is putting pictures of finished Kirkhams, FFRs and CSX4000 cars on their website to give you some impression of what a finished car might sort of, kind of look like... So I think the blue car is probably just a perky butt FFR, not their car.

To figure out what the car looks like, you need to look at the unfinished aluminum body car pictures on eBay (not the picture of the finished polished Kirkham on eBay) and the live picture that patrickt grabbed.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

If you look at this picture -
you can see this is not a Factory Five chassis. FF5 uses straight tubes like the originals, this chassis obviously has an offset to the chassis near the foot boxes. the shape of the hips and trunk area seem wrong and the lip on the rear fender in the incomplete body on their website isn't even close to a 427 shape. Maybe nearer the narrow hip 289 with flares added on?

Bob
Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They should be using their own body on their website but the idea of making aluminum bodies for FFR cars seems like a good idea. You'd want to go after the biggest market segment in any venture. They should just state what it's for.
Larry
Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

When questioned on the use of the Kirkham picture, first he denied it, then sent me a follow up:

"Yes, you are right. This is why we got licensed by Shelby to build a prototype.....stop dreaming. What we are doing with our photos is NOT YOUR CONCERN. even we put them upside down, if you dont like them...dont look at it. But thanks for the advise anyway."

My hope now is that the attorney from Kirkham send them a nice cease and desist letter on Monday

Let the buyer beware of such an underhanded seller such as this.

Just my two cents worth.

Bill S.

TN Shelby Cobra likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
When questioned on the use of the Kirkham picture, first he denied it, then sent me a follow up:

"Yes, you are right. This is why we got licensed by Shelby to build a prototype.....stop dreaming. What we are doing with our photos is NOT YOUR CONCERN. even we put them upside down, if you dont like them...dont look at it. But thanks for the advise anyway."

My hope now is that the attorney from Kirkham send them a nice cease and desist letter on Monday

Just my two cents worth.

Bill S.

Simply Amazing!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Just my two cents worth.

Bill S.

As I said before, missing love and passion. Filled with anger and greed.

Bill hit the nail, BUYER BEWARE.
bwcobra15 likes this.
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 12-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Pete View Post
Filled with anger and greed.
... but anger and greed is what built this country.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Just my two cents worth.

Bill S.

Wow, that's quite the response! Bye bye dreams of owning a 550 replica someday!

Larry
Old 12-21-2014, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Just my two cents worth.

Bill S.

If they are using someone else's poduct photos and representing it as theirs they are in violoation of Ebay policy. Tell Ebay and see how fast the ad disappears.

I would also question the "licensed by Shelby". To do what? That should be checked as well.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aluminum Alloycars MK5-Roadster 427FE Engine
Not Ranked     
Default New alluminum mk5

Hi Guys, this is Tom from Alloycars coachbuilder. A lot of talk about our new little toy

Yes, I can confirm that we are building our NEW MK5 Roadster in aluminum and I knew also that this will result in a lot of discussions. We started building Cobras replicas back in 1996 for a period of 12 years in a very limited quantity of 150 cars for the south America and European market, some polished but most of them painted.

In 2008 we started our famous aluminum 550 Spyder in our new US facility. We stopped our Cobra production in 2007. Last year when we found a good opportunity getting an original of 427SC to take some scans. So we started over from scratch and here we are.

We are going to add some better pictures from the manufacturing line and the car himself asap. The MK5 section on our website is also very new and we are working on it together with our website service so I ask for a little bit of patience. I gave them a free hand to work out our website which includes photos and text which has to be corrected with time for sure. I have to check with them tomorrow anyway so again, please be patient.

License:

Alloycars is specialized for very acurate re-creations, BUT we are not allowed by Shelby himself to copy anything as there is a "Dress" patent, even we are working on a prototype under contract.

Chassis:

We are using in fact a FFR chassis which has being modified for some security features and mainly to support our aluminum body. We have chosen this chassis as it is a Race Proven in many races and it offers a lot more positive features, even it looks a little bit original. We added some security features and a bigger foot box. There are some people who will agree and disagree for sure but we cant make it right for everybody, this is why all man kind is not driving the same car. We are going with security before over dated chassis look. It can change if we are going to be allowed to build the ultimate 427SC recreation...who knows, but even than we will continue this version for the customer who likes this version. In the meantime we are offering our affordable aluminum MK5 with Wilwood brakes and foot box, independent suspension, all leather and race proven chassis.

To be correct. A Roller is U$ 69,950.00, not 75k and live cameras dont lie. Please feel free to contact us or visit our facility.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi, its a body from our 1996 model. New photos are coming soon. Best Tom
Old 12-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloycars View Post
Hi, its a body from our 1996 model. New photos are coming soon. Best Tom
Well I think it's nice of you to drop by and post with us. It'll be interesting to see what your final product looks like. An aluminum car is always an added treat in our little hobby.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
"Yes, you are right. This is why we got licensed by Shelby to build a prototype.....stop dreaming. What we are doing with our photos is NOT YOUR CONCERN. even we put them upside down, if you dont like them...dont look at it. But thanks for the advise anyway
Tom, is this Alloycars' response to a question about using a reverse image Kirkham photo in your ad?
Larry
Old 12-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

The shape of the body in various areas needs work in MHO.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Nice advertisement, but I agree that it needs work. Also IMHO.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Patrickt,

I agree, since there are some super detectives here who are spending a holly Sunday for looking on inverted photos. (No girlfriends??? Everybody is doing photoshop to their advertising. We are taking off ugly backgrounds and so on and what matters is the final product. This will not change in the future. We have 20 years of untouchable reputation in our business so we are simply ignoring such irrelevant threats, mostly made by other fiberglass or aluminum kitcar builder....and for those guys it does matter, believe me.
Dont forget that we built already 150 aluminum Cobras in the past even with the not correct chassis. Our Spyders are the most identical copies money can buy. The MK5 will have the same dedication. I own the last polished version of our last production line in 2007.
Only speculation, thoughts and wasting time.
So lets go with facts:

- 100% made in USA. So who is not a patriot please buy from foreign countries and defend them.
- Aluminum body.
- Advanced chassis construction.
- Very affordable prices.
- Price starts under 50k and under 70k for a Roller and under 90K complete.
- We are generating US employees, third party contractors and paying taxes.
- No hidden additional options.
- Security features.
- We are using Wilwood, leather, aluminum and CNC machined parts.
- FAST delivery time....not 10-12 month.
- You can see your car is being build LIVE over the web.
- And the best is: You can visit us anytime as we are HERE in Florida.

OUR COMPETITION IS VERY AFRAID ABOUT OUR MK5. THE PROOF IS HERE IN THIS FORUM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Detectives here keep others from being suckered by salespeople such as yourself

Quote:
Hi Patrickt,

I agree, since there are some super detectives here who are spending a holly Sunday for looking on inverted photos. (No girlfriends??? Everybody is doing photoshop to their advertising. We are taking off ugly backgrounds and so on and what matters is the final product. This will not change in the future. We have 20 years of untouchable reputation in our business so we are simply ignoring such irrelevant threats, mostly made by other fiberglass or aluminum kitcar builder....and for those guys it does matter, believe me.
Dont forget that we built already 150 aluminum Cobras in the past even with the not correct chassis. Our Spyders are the most identical copies money can buy. The MK5 will have the same dedication. I own the last polished version of our last production line in 2007.
Only speculation, thoughts and wasting time.
So lets go with facts:

- 100% made in USA. So who is not a patriot please buy from foreign countries and defend them.
- Aluminum body.
- Advanced chassis construction.
- Very affordable prices.
- Price starts under 50k and under 70k for a Roller and under 90K complete.
- We are generating US employees, third party contractors and paying taxes.
- No hidden additional options.
- Security features.
- We are using Wilwood, leather, aluminum and CNC machined parts.
- FAST delivery time....not 10-12 month.
- You can see your car is being build LIVE over the web.
- And the best is: You can visit us anytime as we are HERE in Florida.

I don't see much of your competition on this thread other than to complain about you using their photos without permission. Then again, I notice more shots of a finished car on your site that are clearly not your product.

MK5 Alloy car

Sure looks like the shots of CSX3127

Russo and Steele

What excuse will you have for their use now? Oh wait, they were out on the web and much easier to use than your own from your cell phone. Got it.

Best you quit while you can, as the more you post, the more you soil your companies reputation, not to mention your own.

Bill S.

PS: Screenshots saved for when you change them and tell all of us you don't know what we are talking about

PSS: 150 Alloy Cobras built, funny we have never heard of your company in these circles before, and there are members here from around the world.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well after reading this thread, if I were a potential customer, then I'd be afraid too. But for different reasons.
bwcobra15 and TN Shelby Cobra like this.
Closed Thread