17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Yup. Got that right.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351Cleveland
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra comment

I just picked up my Midstates kit on November 21. On the way home I stopped at a gas station and a VW Beetle pulls up. A guy with a pony-tail down to his b_tt asks "What is it dude"? I tell him it's a Cobra. He says "far out man". I think I just had a flash-back to the sixties.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

JCZAR: Did you happen to notice the smell of Patchouli oil wafting from the Bug? Or Ozium, maybe!! lol !!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My favorite description came from some of me students....."The Austin Powers car"........truly a symbol of the 60's
Old 12-18-2003, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Took the Cobra out on a beautiful, clear and sunny So Cal day today, 75 degrees. Went to the bank to deposit a wad, and as I came out of the bank, a man was standing and admiring my Cobra. He said that he lived atop the hill next to Big Tujunga Canyon (a western tangent to the world-famous Angeles Crest HWY), and had seen and heard my Cobra go up the canyon a few times, but this was the first chance to see and hear it up close. He said it was a beautiful car, with a great sounding exhaust. He admired the wheels (polished Trigos) and complimented me on "Such a nice car."
A Harley rider rode up just after I started the Cobra, and said he "Loved the lumpy idle, sounds great!" I smiled and said thank you, and drove out the driveway.
Dawdled thru the quaint little local suburban shopping park, then galloped onto the freeway, where I was followed a short distance by a CHP officer, who slowly cruised by, flashing me a "thumbs up", then drove up an off-ramp and out of my life, hopefully forever!
Pulled into a gas station for a fill-up, and a woman commented on "Gladly seeing a Cobra in person, not just in pictures!". All in all, a great day!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Teanage girls are always giving the "I love your car". In a word its "priceless". Me, a dirty old man? oh yah

Last edited by CowtownCobra; 12-19-2003 at 05:07 AM..
Old 12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

just got back from a trip up the Olthoff's in NC, whence came my SPF. I was sitting in traffic waiting to merge on to the interstate to come home, and as this big truck began to move next to me, the driver whistled, so i looked up and he was waving an American Flag at me and my car. I have a license plate that reads NAM VET, so that may have had something to do with his salute.

hal copple
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War
Old 12-18-2003, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Damn I love this thread!

-JT
Old 12-18-2003, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

HI, HAL - - -

THAT'S GOT TO BE THE BEST STORY YET.

NUFF SAID.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK
Old 12-18-2003, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did I mention that it was 75 degrees today? And that it will be 75 degrees AGAIN on Friday? I did? Just wanted to make sure!!! Ah, sometimes its good to be ME!!! lol !!!

Old 12-19-2003, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

EDLEY - - -

YOU HAD TO DO IT !! YOU JUST HAD TO DO IT. YOU COULDN'T RESIST MENTIONING "TEMPERATURE".

WE HERE IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF WASHINGTON DC DO NOT LIKE TO THINK ABOUT TEMPERATURE. IT'S 21 DEGREES OUTSIDE MY WINDOW AS I WRITE.

TOMORROW - SATURDAY - THE HIGH IS FORCAST TO BE 30 DEGREES - AT BEST.

THAT MEANS THAT AT 06:30 TOMORROW I'LL HAVE TO SIT IN THE ERA FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES - WRAPPED IN NEARLY EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING THAT I HAVE (LOOKING RATHER LIKE "CHARLIE BROWN") JUST TO GET THE OIL TEMP OFF OF THE BOTTOM PEG. THEN DRIVE 27 MILES WITH NO TOP (THE TOP'S BEEN FROZEN LIKE A PIECE OF PLYWOOD FOR WEEKS) IN TO VIENNA, VA FOR THE CACC "GREASE-UP" BREAKFAST.

IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP AT THESE THINGS YOU ARE DUBBED "A WIENIE" FOR A LONG TIME. EVEN WORSE - IF YOU'RE NOT THERE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF APPPOINTED TO A POSITION OF "ABSOLUTELY NO AUTHORITY". SAME IF YOU SHOW UP IN AN EXPEDITION. HELL, EVEN SHOWING UP IN A COBRA WITH THE TOP "ON" WILL GET YOU SOME SARCASTIC COMMENTS.

BUT - - NONETHELESS - - IT'S GOOD PRACTICE FOR OUR ANNUAL "NEW YEARS DAY CRUISE".

Y'ALL AVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK

Last edited by BLACKJACK; 12-19-2003 at 05:00 AM..
Old 12-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

BLACKJACK,
At lest you have a reason for tearing your car apart, hear I am with car in pieces and can drive!!!
Mike
Old 12-29-2003, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Being the Christmas season and all, I could tell where this one guy was coming from. Me and my Cobra were parked at a local eatery near a mall; I'm munching on some chili-cheese fries, sippin' a diet soda, and this guy comes up and asks, "Is that an ARTIFICIAL Cobra"? Sometimes, I just HAVE to smile!!

Old 12-29-2003, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

The other day I was in the garage with the door up when I over herd 2 young kids walking by talking to each other when all of a sudden 1 kid stops the other and points at my Cobra and states with no dought in his mind " See that car there thats the fastest car in the world!" then the other kid said "COOL" and of they went leaveing me with a smile on my face thinking to myself the Cobra obsesion may have just started in the next generation.

Craig W
Old 12-30-2003, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Last week a car pulls into my driveway and a father/son team gets out and says they have been watching the build process
every time they drive by my house. This time they noticed it was painted and stopped to ask if they could see it. I gave them the tour. It's not even on the road yet,but it still draws interested
admirerers.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Al Bockman
Not Ranked     

I don't know if this qualifies, but I was following up on a post to CC about Sperformance's new web page. Got to the Mark III page and, lo and behold, they've got a picture of my car there available for download as wallpaper. Don't know whether to be PO'd or flattered!

Al Bockman
Old 01-23-2004, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Today had a couple of schoolgirls in the back of a minivan practically come to blows over which one got to stick her head out the window and say something about how nice my Cobra looked; One man asked me to "rev it up" as I passed thru our little tree-lined main drag of Montrose: four "thumbs-up" from drivers as I passed them in traffic; and one guy who came up to me while I was getting gasoline. He said he had a " '32 5-window with a built SBC". He was about the fastest thing around his part of town, but he said he made the mistake of challenging a Cobra. He said the Cobra toyed with him for a couple of seconds, but then took off like "A bat out of Hell!", and that was something he will never forget. A beautiful day for a cruise around town.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra. 427 Side Oiler. Dual Quads.
Not Ranked     
Default Paparazzi

My most recent adventure is this:

I ran into Autozone to pick up something and when I came out to where my car was parked a man and his wife were looking at my car.

The wife saw me first and said "oh my lord, this is my husbands dream car. LOOK he has pictures of it mounted behind the visor of his Grand Am!" She then reached into her car and flipped down her visor and sure enough there were photos of red 427 Cobras. He even had a Cobra air freshener.

Then he saw me and asked me a bunch of questions. I then asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. He couldn't believe I offered a total stranger a ride. He got in and of course I let her rip. When we got back, his wife had gone to the store and bought a camera to take some pictures of her husband in a Cobra. So I jumped out and said, "You don't need any pictures of me. You sit in the passenger seat and let your husband sit in the driver seat. I'll take photos of you two."

I took a few different poses and then went to hand the camera back to them and they asked me to take the whole roll of film of them in the Cobra.

They said that that made their day (he said year

I probably should have let him take his wife for a drive, but, I didn't have a clue who they were.

Anyway, that was fun!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yesterday afternoon, cruised down the coast into Malibu Village to get some gas, stretch my legs, and grab a soda. Was idling amongst the shops and stores, when a young woman comes out of one of the stores and said "I absolutely LOVE your car. It is BEAUTIFUL!!". I asked her to hop in, and I would take her for a ride, but she said she didnt get off until 6:30. So, naturally, I went back at 6:30, and gave her the ride she was lusting after! She said she really had fun, and we made a date to go up the coast when the weather gets warmer. Cobras sure are fun!!

Old 02-02-2004, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This weekend, Super Bowl Saturday to be exact, just cruising up the freeway to get a bite to eat, when I see a black GMC Yukon coming up on the Cobra's left side. Judging by his high rate of overtake speed, and his ensuing "slowdown" as he neared my Cobra's left rear flank, it was obvious that he just had to check out my Cobra. After about fifteen seconds of us cruising and his checking out the car, he honked his horn (GOD, how I HATE that!), and as I turned to acknowledge his presence, he gave me an actual crisp military 'salute'! I recognized the "Full Bird" Colonel insignia on his shoulder epaulet, and I just smiled, nodded my head, and watched him speed away down the freeway. Nice, really!