Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #101, 342 stroker
Not Ranked     

Coming home from a cruise-in Fri night, 4 boy's at a red light freak out about the car and are screaming "Cool car", "I gotta have that car". I look over to see the kids hanging out of the full size SUV and I look at the mom in the driver's seat and she sticks her head out the window, smiles, and said "Do you want to run-em!?" I said "Cool mom!".
Old 09-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Had the Cobra out under the canopy while I was getting ready to go for a drive. Two of the older alcoholics that frequent this area came by, saw it, and immediately got into a fist fight. One claimed it was a Mavrick, and the other who was screaming that he knew everything there was to know about Fords said it was a Falcon. I watched the fight, then walked out and told them to move on or I would call the cops. Neither bothered to even ask what kind of car it was as they were both convinced they knew. Man, would I hate to have those two picking a car for me.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-12-2004, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

So, I pull into the parking lot of the Rutherford Grill, in Rutherford CA - wine country - and find a nice shady spot. I no more than turn off the motor when these Japanese tourists come over. This Japanese speaking leader asks if they can take a photo of the two girls with him, next to my car or inside. Knowing the tutorial was going to take forever to get the two inside the car and back out unscathed (hot pipes!) I told them to stand along side the car. So, the girls stand next to the car and I step out of the way. As I look over one of the very nice young non-English Japanese girls puts out her arm to me to be in the picture. So I saunter on over and she gives me a big hug, everone starts laughing and the cameras started clicking. Guess "Zoomie" is going back to Japan on Kodak paper. It was all a lot of good natured fun.

As I walked away into the restaurant I looked back to see half a dozen people around the car pointing a taking more pictures. These cars are certainly the celebrity!!
Old 09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

I just took mine out for the first time since I had it painted and can't stop anywhere with out a crowd stopping me and asking a lot of questions about the car! It's great
Mike
Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Went to a car show sponsored by one of the High School's cheerleaders, with funds raised to send the cheerleaders to the "Cheer Nationals".
A couple of the 'leaders came by near the end of the show, and were looking at the Cobra with a gleam in their eyes. I overheard them saying how THEY liked the Cobra better than the "Official" Cheerleader's Choice", so I offered to let them sit in the Cobra, and they could get their picture taken it the car.
They REALLY enjoyed that!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Edley

Now you had better 'Post' those photos for us all to see.

Cheer leaders....

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-04-2004, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

Yes, pics would be appriciated

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 11-04-2004, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The pics were with THEIR cameras! I will have to take MY camera, and get some pics of my own to share with you guys! (Sorry Kristen, NO pics of guys!!)

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

This past weekend my brother got engaged. My future sister in law is a 'ricer'. She has a Toyo that is all done up with all the goodies and did much of the work herself. On Saturday, they came over for a visit and of course her first exposure to the Cobra.

It didn't take long until she was asking for rides. Since she was behind me, we took hers out first. Rap music and good performance (she takes it on the 1/4 at 13.8). Proud of her car.

Then it came time for the Cobra. Visually, she seemed to like it. A look under the hood and I don't think she knew what she was looking at. After all, the engine is mounted lengthwise, has more then 4 plug wire (heck, just the fact that is has plug wires is confusing), has a strange looking box where the fuel injection should be, etc.

We got strapped in and I fired it up. Cruised slowly for a while to let the car warm up (she thrashed hers instantly). She was very chatty. Motor mouth if you will. Once the car was warmed up, I pulled up to a light at a freeway entrance ramp. Once the coast was clear, her mid rant, I gave it all it had. Mouth stopped mid agape, tires fighting for traction and often loosing, exceeding 100 before I needed to brake to legal speed to merge, total silence from my new passenger.

I of course had to repeat this excersise for good effect. Not a word from the now seamingly empty passenger seat.

Pull in the drive, remove former passenger from car using a sponge, she promptly runs up to my brother and says "I have got to get me one of those!". "You say there are going to be hundreds of those at the Fling? Faster ones?" She inquires. "Well we can't go there (the Fling), we will come back broke!"

A Cobra fan is born.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 11-05-2004, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

one more converted! Good job Rick

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 11-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hey, Edley,
one of these days.....

I'm gonna get a group of guys hanging all over my car and take one cheesy photo. One of these days, just for all you boys!!

Turn around is fair play......

I was asked to take the homecoming maid for 6th grade (yeah, the big time - haha) thru the schools' parade. Had to decline, as the car was as KC!!!
Next year my niece is a sr., and if she's in the homecoming court will take her.
Now a good thing lately is winning "class winner" at the SCAT Nationals show in Dallas last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. whooohooo!!!!
Kristen
Old 11-05-2004, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen

Now equal opportunity says the guys will have to be down to their swim wear..

Bernie
Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry guys the 'Thread" reads "Latest recognition..

Now that recognition must be from my wife Anne

She walked out into the garage tonight, just as I was finishing the final polish of the Cobra.

She took one look and said..

"Your not going out tomorrow until the grass is cut...."

"But the sun is going to be out..", I said.

Hell, I sure got some recognition after that. The Cobra was mentioned in that sentence..

... Looks like its the grass then a cruise, may even take her with me...

Bernie
Old 11-05-2004, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

At a traffic light a guy rolls down his window and say "nice MG"
I said "thanks a lot and I smiled"!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cruising thru Beverly Hills today when a BEAUTIFUL woman in a BMW 330 looks over and gives the the thumbs up! I nodded and smiled thanks. She rolls down her window and says: "That's the most beautiful car ever made! My father's favorite car of all time!"
I asked her what HER favorite car was, and she pointed at my Cobra, and said "That one, I have my dad's taste!"

Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunday 10/24,
Out of the blue my x boss shows up at my house.
Says he was in the neighborhood and thought he would stop in.
I'm in the garage tinkering and as he enters the garage he is floored. He says what the hell are you building here. I say a Cobra replica. He says "you building that"? I say"what da phuck do ya want, I'm busy". He says "can ya help me out with a project I'm workin on?". I say "I'm really busy, and happy, so probably not". He says"whats it gonna take for you to help me out?" I say " leave and call me when I'm not busy". He left pissed and deflated. Iwill not return his calls, ever. He was a dick and told me to buy stocks in his IPO rather than a toy car. Glad that ass got fired and I am gloating furiously.
He got fired, I got happier and my new boss is a gearhead,life is really good. Does this sound like a dream come true? It is to me.
Jack
Old 11-06-2004, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edley

And you followed her home..

Or at least a cup of coffee down at Hollywood and Vine area??

Bernie
Old 11-06-2004, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up More money, more holidays would sound better..

stremboli

Hey, as long as you are getting more money, more time off and time to build there.....it sounds perfect.

Bernie
Old 11-06-2004, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

The beast was up on jack stands, doing a few mods to the pre oil system before I move to Savannah, when a fella pulls into my driveway, gets out and wants to see her, sure, come on in. After a few minutes he wants to buy her, I suggest he build his own or pick up an unfinished kit but he wasn't interested in that approach, he goes on and on, how much, come on sell her to me.
A few minutes later he's on his way, without the beast and the worst case of pouting I've seen in a grown man.
Believe I'll keep her.....

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation I suppose this recognition - wanted and un wanted

Perry

I've had a few call in here at home, as we are on the road to the lake. I keep the door closed most days, but take it out to wash and drive..

Every now and then, I feel a bit un comfortable and find myself taking tags/registration details down.

Its amazing how people just walk into or onto your property because they have seen something that interests them.

Its good when you pick they are genuine enthusiasts though..

Bernie