Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Recognition

I was sitting at a Cruise Night in an outdoor drive-in. 35-40ish female walks over and started a brief Q&A with me. She left shortly.

She walks back in about 1 minute. Looks me in the eye with a slightly quivering smirk and asks "Do you ever just put your foot into it?"

About then my wifely swoops in and suddenly the Q&A was over.

Another occasion at the same facility. I'm sitting in the Cobra waiting for the feature movie to start. An MGB pulls in beside me, parks and kills his engine. I look over and remark "I used to have one of those."

His response, "Well obviously it didn't have enough horsepower." How right he was. I could only grin.

David

Last edited by 601HP; 03-10-2005 at 10:27 PM..
Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Took my neighbours 6 year old and 8 year old kids for a ride and now it looks like I have to take their Mum..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 03-11-2005, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Bernie:

So is it going to be the Kiddie ride or the Adult ride...

J.A.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Mom's cousin was visiting and I took her two boys for a ride. Just pulling on the interstate getting on the gas to merge in front of a truck and as I slide (figuratively) into my lane a newer 911 comes by in the other lane and honks and smiles at us. The kid (13) wasn't moving a muscle, but I smiled back.

When I got back my daughter was waiting with tears streaming down her cheeks. She thought I wasn't going to give her a ride too. Once I explained that Papa was getting the car seat for her she was OK.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Was cruising on Wilshire Blvd here in Beverly Hills, and I was stuck in some traffic. Going in the other direction, also stopped in traffic, was a tour bus full of tourists.

The sun was at my back, so I could see all the people on the bus, and they were all looking at my Cobra. Since I was just sitting there anyway, I waved to the people on the bus, and they all waved back IN UNISON!! And I could see a few of them taking pictures of the Cobra!

I had to smile at that.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

Last summer, while refueling, a lady wearing an islamic scarf came close to my Cobra with her young child and told me how beautiful she found the Cobra. Nice comment from a lady coming maybe from a country where woman are not allowed to drive

Last edited by BOURRET; 02-23-2006 at 02:18 PM..
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkII/ Powerdyne supercharged 5Litre w/1.72 FMS rollers/ Crane high perf springs., otherwise stock.
Not Ranked     

I pulled in to fill up the Cobra (93 octane is all I use)....A man in a pickup pulls in to the next pump , and gets out.....noticing my "Powered by Ford" emblem , he says " I didn't know Ford made one like that!"...Then he says " With the price of gas , you must be saving a fortune in that little car!" All I could do was smile....I had no response.
When I drove off , I left him just a little bit of tire.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Was cruisin' on the freeway this weekend, heading over the hill to Malibu to a Starbucks Coffee for some hot chocolate and some serious people-watching. I came up behind a clean '80s Buick Grand National, the one with the turbo V-6. His license plate was " A V6 8 U ". ( a V-6 engine ate you!)

Evidently I caught him by surprise. I cruised up next to his open driver's window before he heard the throaty burble coming out of the Cobra's sidepipe. His first instinct was to give his lil' V6 some foot, and I did the same with my 351, keeping up with him.

After about half a second, he looked over and saw the Cobra that was exhuberating him. I saw his eyes get really big behind his Ray-Bans, his jaw dropped wide open, he backed off the gas, and then he dropped back into traffic.

I slowed down for him to catch up, but he never did catch up to me. I watched him drop back so far, old ladies in Oldsmobile sedans passed him up!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

It always cracks me up when people comment on how great the mileage must be and then the look on their face when you fire it up.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A couple days ago, in heavy traffic on the freeway, some guy asked "Is that the new Aston Martin?"!

My answer: "No, it is a Cobra, modeled after the ones Ford made in the '60s".

He gave me a smile and a thumbs-up, and away we went!

Old 04-07-2005, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Edley,

Over the last three or so months a number of us are getting some real recognition from the wrong group.

The Environmental people here are really giving all modified vehicle owners a hard time if caught up in their mobile check station.

Seven cars off the road or given notices in Victoria alone. Noise levels and engine modifications are the big issue.

A bit of fun..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

I have just gotten my Kirkham on the road and the first trip was to the hardware store for some non metric nuts for my mirrors.

Anyway, while parked, some fellow backed up into a spot next to me and started talking about the car.
His wife rolled down the window and I thought, more compliments, but her main concern was missing Jeporady. sp

So, my very first outing, I got some car guy in trouble with his wife because she missed Jeporady

Maurice Lawrence
Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie: Sorry to hear they are clamping down on you all.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Last saturday, a friend of mine pulled up behind me at a light. She sat there for a minute, and said, 'wow what a cool looking car!!'. We started to turn, and she realized, 'hey, that's Kristen!' Nice to have the car noticed, even before she realized she knew me!!
K
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen, have you given her a ride, so she can see what the fun is from the inside!!! lol !!!

Old 05-30-2005, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Latest but not best recognition

Today we were traveling on a 4 lane road that has a 50 MPH speedlimit. As we approached an intesection the light just changed from red to green for us. We were in the left lane and a car was coming up on our right to get a better look at the Cobra. Our lane of traffic was moving but the right lane was not. As the young man got close enough to give us a thumbs up he plowed into the car in front of him driving that car into a truck. Its always cool to have someone realy like your car but it does make you think about how distracted some people get when they are driving. I don't like to think of someone getting hurt or hurting others just to get a better look at my car.

Dick
Old 05-31-2005, 01:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing Cobra
Send a message via Yahoo to SACoupe
Not Ranked     
Default Recognition

while test driving A demo(BDR) for the weekend, in MY home town, Durban South africa. I noticed one of my buddies in his hot SUV ahead of me at the lights. he had his 12 yr old son in the passenger seat. next thing i know the kid has jumped out of the truck and is busy asking if he can ride with me to my place , his dad will pick him up there. i couldnt NOT give him a ride.......

same day, different traffic light, this time my Buddy in his pristine C type replica is behind me at the lights when a guy driving a Pickup turns across our front, leans out the window and shouts.............hey i leave my car at the carwash and u guys go phugging joyriding in them..........

I ordered a brand new BDR the very next day at the factory....Viper blue with pearl white stripes.......347 stroker and T5, with pin drive wheels.......to keep the 65 shelby GT350 R clone in my garage company.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF
Not Ranked     

Hey Edley, (off the subject) is that Ken Jones' old cobra? If it is did you win anything at Knotts?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     

Cover,story, and poster, in the July issue of Kit Car Magazine.
(-:

Brent
Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

great pic and story, Brent. Just picked it up yesterday at Border's. That whole magazine is about Cobra's. Yours looks really nice. Congrats on the cover.....