28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

I have a 2000 Viper RT-10. My Cobra is almost ready to be ready (At ERA waiting for the motor) to take on the Viper. It'll have a 427 in it so I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1488 418 C.I.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by HOGDEALER

***PLEASE SEND DWAYNE A CARD***

Here is Dwaynes address. The Economy Inn is hooked to the Mayop Clinic.

Dwayne Gregory
c/o Economy Inn By Kahler
9 Northwest Third Avenue Room#640
Rochester MN 55902
Gary, Dwaynes card will be in the mail tomorrow!
SPF #1488
Titanium/Black
418 C.I.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by PatBuckley

"I'd like to see an annual event with both Vipers AND Cobras. Nothing beats a bunch of Vipers like a bunch of Vipers with a bunch of Cobras. "

Actually, nothing beats a bunch of Vipers like a bunch of Cobra's.....(just kidding)

As for the the annual event, we could call it "The SnakeVenom Spring Fling!!!!"

We can have it in Ohio in the later part of June!!!

Pat, we had a track day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan this past summer. The Cobras were well represented along with a couple Vipers, Corvettes and Blown Mustangs.
We even had a lightening truck and a Dodge Ram SRT-10.
After talking with a few of the guys who participated in the event, I am sure it wouldnt be hard to turn it into a yearly deal.
I hate to hijack this thread, so if anyone wants to chat more about Cobras and Vipers, lets start a new thread.
SPF #1488
Titanium/Black
418 C.I.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk

See what I mean?
Pretty soon they'll bring their cousins (the Neons) over here, and then you can all be happy. Stop this before it is too late, I tell you.

TURK

Pat,
NO!
Turk...just got a message from Cal Metal..he asked me to post:

"Cal Metal's Neon has arrived and is siding with the Viper Boys. Your days are numbered"
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2004, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Brian E.
I have to be honest; I keep going back to your picture and checking out your Viper. That thing is SWEET! I love those rims and I take it that you have aftermarket pipes? Very Nice indeed.
I didn't know the new Vipers were so nice looking (especially in BLACK!). It's hard to get a good look at them since they're usually quite a ways BEHIND me and the rear view mirrors in our little cars are basically worthless.

OK, be honest here. Which car is Faster? ..........I take that back; which car is QUICKER? We all know Vipers are faster (top speed).....It's a gearing / aerodynamics thing. But which car is quicker light-to-light. Say, 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
Who built your 418? Eric H.? I know a few guys with that engine. -Shouldn't be a problem to eat up that Viper!

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-16-2004 at 03:47 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

Just Wondering - What kind of lap times can you expect from a Cobra at Gingerman?
Old 12-16-2004, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hogdealer...........my card to Dwayne is in the mailbox. Thanks for the address info.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

CW
See what I mean?

Tell Cal, I said I thought he was doing well.
Kind a like that Donald Trump Mastercard commercial.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 12-16-2004 at 03:55 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by computerworks

Turk...just got a message from Cal Metal..he asked me to post:

"Cal Metal's Neon has arrived and is siding with the Viper Boys. Your days are numbered"
ROTFLMAO!
SPF #1488
Titanium/Black
418 C.I.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by mpotito

I have a 2000 Viper RT-10. My Cobra is almost ready to be ready (At ERA waiting for the motor) to take on the Viper. It'll have a 427 in it so I'll let you know how it turns out.

mpotito,

Two good friends of mine can provide you with that answer right now if you will be making comparisons. Their RT-10 Vipers started sitting in their garage more and more over time After a few drives in the Cobra, the Vipers were sold shortly thereafter. One guy had a Cobra, sold it, then bought a Viper, sold it, and went right out and bought a Cobra again. 'Nuf said. Just wait till you get that ERA out and drive it a few times. A very different experience in many ways. Good Luck.

Last edited by decooney; 12-16-2004 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

I got a call from AUTOWEEK today. They want to do a story about this.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Holy $hit!....................SELL YOUR SHELBY STOCK N O W !!!

I know, it's not worth much anyway. Perhaps I should be saying: GET YOUR DEPOSITS BACK N O W !!!

A story like this will either get Shelby to wake up and start building some cars, or...........close his doors. Yikes.

The thing is, I think it's a story that needs to be told. Good luck with the interview Hogdealer. Hopefully it will get published.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-16-2004 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Duane: I have to wait now until spring to I put the pedal to the metal. I am really looking forward to it. I love the Viper and its torque. If you are right about the Cobra...wow. I'll keep them both though, after all they are both snakes with similar heritage...pure American muscle at its best.

Merry Christmas and happy motoring.

Mike
Old 12-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Good to hear it is AutoWeek!!! Weekly publication read by serious car people, and I repeat a weekly publication that could hopefully publish it quickly to make a difference. Hooray! Dwayne has another card in the mail BTW.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

TurK:

If you look real hard in the background, you can see me "dumpster diving" for some used spark plugs and oil filters, much like the vaunted Donald Trump.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

***A VERY GENEROUS OFFER & SOME VERY BAD NEWS****

I got a call from The Kirkham Family in Utah. They said they would build Dwayne a car right now and get it to him for Christmas to use, until his other car is done on Jan. 15th.

Now for the bad news. Dwayne was told today that his Liver has 7 cancer tumors on it. Four (4) of the seven are 2-3" long. Further, the Doctors at the Mayo Clinic told Dwayne they will have to remove his bladder.

I told the Kirkhams, thanks for the offer but I think we will have to wait and see how his health is first. He is not even strong enough to walk right now and sleeps most of the time. The pain pills really knock him out. He isnt eating and is loosing weight each day.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Hogdealer:
Very sorry to hear the news about Dwayne. Hopefully the Mayo doctors will come up with a fix.
The Kirkhams are just super!!
We'll be praying for Dwaynes recovery.
All the Best,
Ted Radtke
Old 12-16-2004, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

Having a great deal of experience with Cancer, It sounds like the end is near for Dwayne. He will probably never be capable of driving a Car again, let alone this uncompleted COBRA. Maybe Roy can have the car finished in time to be the Lead Car in the Funeral procession. Old Man Time waits for No One. Stories like this remind us all of that fact. AUTOWEEK can run far with this one should his health diminish as rapidly as Cancer does when it decides the game is over.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear the news Hogdealer. I'll have him in my thoughts. I think that helps somehow. My card to him will go in AM mail.

Please tell Autoweek like it is. I know you will. Via con Dios amigo.

Bob
Old 12-16-2004, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still makes me sick to think about the fact that if Hunt / Finish Line would have delivered the Cobra to Dwayne in the 9 months they TOLD him it would be done, Dwayne would have been able to enjoy his car for over a YEAR now.

I would say that Autoweek has a hell of a story to tell its readers.

I doubt that this would / could happen, but let me run this by all of you and see what you think.
Roy Hunt @ Finish Line has a Cobra that is being given away for charity (a CANCER charity) to folks buying 100.00 raffle tickets. Mr. Hunt is taking the 1st 150K to "pay for his car" (see thread about the raffle for more info) and the "overflow" (ie: the amount of money left AFTER Roy Hunt's car is paid for) is what goes to the Cancer Fund.
It's sad to say but it's looking more and more like Dwayne may never be able to enjoy his Cobra. What will his family do with a new CSX? Put it on Ebay??
I think Finish Line should finish Dwayne's car and then have DWAYNE'S car to be the Cobra in the raffle. Think about it: Dwayne's family would get their money back by taking the 1st 150K (or whatever the cost of Dwayne's car is) and the Cancer foundation would get the rest. And, just think about how much more $$$$ would be rolling in to get a chance to win Dwayne's car vs. a "used" overpriced 'glass car that Roy Hunt owns! I think (especially after the reputation Mr. Hunt & Finish Line has now) that a lot more tickets would be sold if Dwayne's car were the prize (Geeez, just the Cobra family AND Viper family ALONE would buy more tickets than everyone else buying tickets for Hunt's car!).
It would be a win-win for Dwayne's family AND the Cancer Foundation, both. Match made in Heaven.

I know, it probably won't happen. It was just a thought.

Butt.........how could we get this to happen? Perhaps the article in Autoweek could help twist Roy's arm? It definately needs to be twisted regardless........

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-16-2004 at 06:54 PM..
Closed Thread