28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

The techs work 4 10's, Monday through Thursday at Shelby Autos, so yes, it would appear very dead around there. Hopefully, this will all come to a happy ending and all the ordered cars will be delivered. My fingers are crossed for all involved!
Old 12-14-2004, 05:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Just a question since I don't have a CSX on order and maybe should stay out of this thread. But if Finishline refuses to complete this car which has had a ton of money already invested and they just keep coming up with excuses, then I think that if I were to order a CSX car one of the signed papers would state that in no way would Finishline have any contact with the car. And if they have cars ready for sale, then why screw this man? Moderators, excuse the language but this has bordered on the asinine all the way through. Not good at all for Shelby froma Publicity point, and certainly not good for Finishline. I think if it were my car, the next visit they got about it would be from some representatives from the Russian Maffia and their Lawyers.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-14-2004, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gentlmen, surely you didn't think that them scumbages would release that car. Doing so would admit guilt/defeat. Gar-ant-teed they got lots of lawyers racking up billable hours over this. I also refer to the term "business friendly state". The few thousand internet users mean nuthing in this matter. The geneal public knows nothing about all these goings on. The TV channels have shows on explaining how our favorite old grouch is such a great guy, heart fund, designing cars for ford, attending car shows all over the world, etc. There are plenty of the true believers on their knees ,ready to perform felatio at the next sighting of the TOG, or stand in line to have him sign their dashboard.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

You have to admit that the Kirkhams have their hearts in the right place, but.. what exactly were they thinking when they went down there?

-John
Old 12-14-2004, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

sales@finishlinecobraslv.com

This is the email address at Finishline Motorsports. I say we let them know how pissed off the cobra community is at them!!

While we're at it, let's call Shelby in Las Vegas and tell them how much this sucks!!
Phone #: 702-942-REAL

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm

Last edited by relaxinrob; 12-14-2004 at 06:06 AM..
Old 12-14-2004, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

To be perfectly truthful and honest... I've read this thread from beginning to end and it runs the gambit from the sublime to the ridiculous. I admit to not being the brightest bulb on the string of lights but I'd never get seperated from that kind of money and still have nothing.. I really can't feel sorry for this guy.

I'm beginning to believe that if the car was delivered, and it was the wrong shade of blue, that he'd wait until it was repainted the correct color.
Damn near any Cobra on the streets today will give you the same thrills as the one he's waiting for. Just grab any one of them and drive the hell out of it...
Old 12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Casaleenie:
I was reading the new posts and was thinking the exact same thing! Time is of the essence in this case, and its obvious that
Finishline is circling their wagons. I think Hogdealer should get an attorney that practices in Nevada and get these guys tied up
leagally and extract from them a "loaner" completed car for Dwayne to drive until they finish his as promised by Jan 1,2005!
Just getting Dwayne into a Cobra would give him a physcological(sp?) boost that is important in beating cancer.
I'm e-mailing and calling as per Rob.
Re; the Kirkhams: If every business in America operated as they do, most lawyers would be out of business ! (sorry Jamo!)
They know that people are more important than money or any car!
Ted Radtke
Old 12-14-2004, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Late to the table, but...

Carson's days weren't THAT long ago.

I may be but a young little grasshopper, but I remember Carson and of course remember the Karnak bits. Ed Sullivan? OK, that's another story.

I've probably watched more Carson shows than Leno shows.

Remember, I'm the one who can't stand "my generation's music" and still listens to the good stuff from the 60's and 70's on vinyl at home. So what if I wasn't alive then?

And Jamo's right...the short term memory....well, I was going to say something about it, but I don't remember what.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Grab another Cobra, get a loaner, maybe.

We've discussed in the past why some people are happy to buy a used one, and why some people want one built for them.

You can buy a used one, get a great price, there mostly "the same". But a used one is never going to be exactly what you wanted.

Wrong color, wrong motor, wrong gearing, it will always be something "wrong".

THATS why a guy orders one built to HIS specs. He paid for the EXACT model he wanted. Even if I was dying I still want the one I ordered, not some also ran. Another car just wouldn't do it for me.

If I had the money I could see spending whatever it took to get MY car, especially if my health was not good. At some point it aint about the "money", it's about finishing what you started.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

Excaliber said: "Even if I was dying I still want the one I ordered"

Exactly- especially if I was dying.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

Pre Cancer/Lawsuit award Dwayne was obviously Not a Wealthy man. thus the added disability to be taken advantage ofby someone who deals with Whales on a consistent basis. People seem to believe that the more you spend, the less chance of the Deal going sour. Vermin comes in all shapes and sizes No matter what the size of their Prize! Tragicly this is a great example as to why anyone desiring a Cobra should do their homework on the manufacturers they are considering. I almost bit on that $10K deposit scam myself, but never quite got a straight answer on what happens if my Car is not delivered as promised? Or who exactly am I paying?? a Dealer or Shelby?? too many variables for me. I am not wealthy, just fortunate in my Car dealings that I was able to leap frog from one to the next. I went to the Vegas Factory During SAAC 6 and did the tour. if I was a Trusting soul with more money and desire, than business sense, I could see ending up in Dwayne's position. It was an intoxicating atmosphere. I am hoping like the rest of you that Shelby himself Rides in on a White horse and saves the day. But let's remember, he does wear a Black Cowboy hat...!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

As I promised in my earlier post, I'd let you all know if and when Carroll Shelby Enterprises, Inc. refunded my $10,000 deposit for an engine build. They did and I recived it today.

Keep up the good work on helping Dwayne get what he deserves and paid for. Apparently CSE and SAI are two differnet animals.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I think we need to remember, when he ordered this car, 22 plus months ago, he wasn't in as bad a shape as he is now.

Then you have the "in for a penny, in for a pound" going where they, finishline and/or shelby, milked him for as much money as they could.

I think every person having business with both of these yahoo companies needs to slam them hard.

Can we get the news to do a story????????????????????

Where's Blitzer when you need him?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys,

Have any of you gone through closing down a company? In the computer industry I've been hit a couple of times. It's very depressing and difficult. You will try anything to save the business. It's so hard to give up hope that a miracle will happen and your job will be saved. I could feel that desperation when I visited the CSI with the Gasholes group two years ago. The handwriting was on the wall, even then.

Shelby's good folks are doing all they can to keep the lifeboat afloat while maintaining some sense of dignity. But, at this point, they're probably selling off assets to cover the payroll. They are trying to make good on their business commitments without declaring bankruptcy. You want to keep your customers happy, but just don't have the resources. It's a terrible position to be in. Letting go of valued employees is the worst.

Finishline is like that little piece of leather at the end of the bullwhip. It takes the brunt of the direction changes. If your main supplier's boat is slipping under the waves, how long before you get pulled down, too. Can you cut the rope and save yourself? They have a pretty good reputation with their customers and the work I've seen in their shop is first rate. Now, comes this situation with Dwayne's car. I could be wrong (it's happened before), but I would like to hear their side of the story before I think about lynching anyone.

Paul

Last edited by RallySnake; 12-14-2004 at 11:07 AM..
Old 12-14-2004, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

casaleenie,

Like I said before there are two things that men loose all common sense about. Beautiful Women & Cool Cars. When your best buddy hooks up with a girl that is just plane WRONG. You can do nothing to pursuade him from her.

Dwayne is a pretty simple guy. He dosn't use a computer he reads magazines for his information. He has been a Cobra fan since he was 17 years old. He knew that Shelby was building cars again with contiunation CXS#'s. He was totally sold that the only way to get a REAL Cobra, was to buy one through Shelby. He goes to Shelby they tell him that Roy Hunt from Finishline builds the finest "Shelby Cobra" money can buy. He has a few years left to live and wants the best car he can get. He wants the car to be listed in the register showing that he owns this car. He bought the "Shelby Line" hook line and sinker. And just like when the girl that you know is wrong for your buddy, he cannot see the faults. He was blinded buy the the "Holy Shelby Lure". When Roy was exposed as lying to him and Shelby's people did nothing about it he felt that the only way he was ever goin to see this car was to keep paying and keep waiting.

The worst case senario is that Roy Hunt and Finish Line take out bankruptcy and Dwayne never gets his car. Further, all the other pepole who have deposits will never see their cars. and those people who have their cars in his shop will loose theirs. It is not a pretty picture.

We have been told that Finish Line has not fully paid for CSX4311, and still owe Shelby Automobiles, Inc. apx. $28,000. Further, Kroyer has not been paid for the engine. It is estimated that about $15,000 still needs to be paid to them.

The car has no fuel tank, no seats, no upholstry, no engine, no transmission, no dash, no gauges, no wheels, no tires, etc...

I was told that we would be getting a written "Game Plan" to get Dwaynes car finished before Dec. 31st. I have not seen anything yet. Not very suprising. More talk no action.

Dwayne's Attroney is working on it from his end.

Spoke to Dwayne, he asked if Kirkham's had the car. I had to tell him the truth. I told him not to focus on th car. Let me and your attorney deal with it. I told him to focus on getting the right treatment and getting rid of the pain.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1158, BDR #180
Not Ranked     

A couple of quick things. If you wonder how something like this could affect your reputation...go to google and type in Roy Hunt Cobra. This thread is the first one to appear on the list.

Second.
I wish I could do something to help this guy out but it's out of my league so I'll just send him best wishes that he gets some good news.

Third.
I have had no interaction with the Kirkhams but they seem like a class act. Even if their offer wasn't possible, what a great gesture.

Anyone thought about hitting up one of the local stations consumer advocacy reporter? Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Danny,
Dwayne has my sympathy for his current conditions but something is not right with this entire story.

I purchased a base CSX and know what was included as part of the package. Can you please post the detailed order sheet on the build of this car? Purchasing a roller as you stated: "The car has no fuel tank, no seats, no upholstry, no engine, no transmission, no dash, no gauges, no wheels, no tires, etc..." is highly unusual and IF it could be done, would substantially reduce the cost of the car.

These numbers are NOT adding up. Please enlighten us.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-14-2004, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

Dan Semko

These pieces are suppose to be with the car but have not been installed in it as of yet. Shelby provides all of the componets and then Finish Line installs them. Is my understanding. I will try to post a list of the things on the build sheet.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Semko

Danny,
Dwayne has my sympathy for his current conditions but something is not right with this entire story.

I purchased a base CSX and know what was included as part of the package. Can you please post the detailed order sheet on the build of this car? Purchasing a roller as you stated: "The car has no fuel tank, no seats, no upholstry, no engine, no transmission, no dash, no gauges, no wheels, no tires, etc..." is highly unusual and IF it could be done, would substantially reduce the cost of the car.

These numbers are NOT adding up. Please enlighten us.
Dan, the car was not ordered as a roller, but as a "kit" (body and chassis) for Finishline to add the rest and complete.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

Dan,
A few months ago I went to Vegas and visited Shelby and Finishline Motorsports. I was very impressed with their operation. They are a Shelby dealer, but they build very specialized cobras that are very competitive racers. They start with a Shelby chasis and they add extra tubing, gussets, different suspension, fire systems, heavy-duty drivelines, and many other parts that they fabricate on-site. Someone who has them build their Shelby is getting a one-off car that has the best parts that can be purchased or made to make the car go as fast as it can go. When I was there, Roy Hunt himself took us around his shop for a tour that lasted about one hour. We still didn't see everything. He has an original Daytona Coupe that he takes care of for someone and is the reace team for it. He was rebuilding an F1 car when I was there along with about 10 cobras.
This would be like buying a stock corvette and then taking it the Lingenfelter and saying "Give me everything you've got".

This, by no means excuses ANY fraud or deception that has been committed, it is only to explain the high cost of the car.

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Closed Thread