Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

Well, it sounds like a Cobra is probably the last thing on Dwayne's mind right now.
I figure some good wishes from a bunch of strangers is about the best thing that could be accomplished at this time under the circumstances.
I certainly hope the irresponsible, lying sacks of crap sitting on his 140K worth of unfinished business have the decency to afford him that much.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Whos deposits are Finish Line going to use to complete the raffle car? If he can't deliver Dwayne's Cobra, can anyone expect him to deliver the raffle car?

What exactly is Finish Line bringing to the table with this raffle? Is he donating the car? Uuuumm, O.K.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 12-16-2004, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Gatorac: The raffle car is already completed. It's chassis # CSX4124 and the car has 1700 miles on it. It was built by Finish Line for one of their customers and then it sounds like the guy traded it in on another vehicle (at Finish Line). So, you KNOW that Roy Hunt didn't give the guy 150K for the car on TRADE IN. If Hunt takes the first 150K worth of ticket money to "pay for his car", he's stealing the charity blind.......IMHO.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Terry,
Roy Hunt is pretty well done. Finish Line is finished.
When will YOU be finished.
Why such vengence?
The bad news regarding Las Vegas will turn folks Pro-Kirkham before it turns them Pro-SPF. What drives you on this?

The car is being finished, and as late as it may be, it WILL be finished. Wasn't our collective thrust to get this car done? I know it was mine.

I heard Kirkhams were trying to do the same.Finish this man's car for him.
So much so they wouldn't take no for an answer. Can't we get them to finish the car and see it delivered to this dying man, and then go back to what we do so well.

The fact that two or three simultenous threads going to get the cars out of Las Vegas for our friends and our new friend Dwayne was what these threads were supposed to be about, With adult supervision they have become a free for all for everyone to say and do whatever the hell they have wanted to say for some time.

You are doing a good job. Save some of your good material for future Shelby bashing.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 12-16-2004 at 08:06 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wonder what kind of "spin" if any Auto Week might put on such a story?

Shelby still weilds substantial influence within the automotive community. So much so I wonder if Auto Week ultimatly will publish anything on the subject. Great human interest piece of course,,,,, I'll be watching for the outcome on it.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Dr. Turk:
Vengence? Oh, I don't know. Seeing this guy getting screwed as he's dying might have something to do with it. Reminds me of a time I watched a friends family get screwed by a home builder while his father was in the hospital dying from a bad car accident.
Maybe it's screwing someone during the Holidays......I don't know.
You're right, this and the other couple of threads were started to try and get people's cars finished. And, that could have been accomplished by now if Roy Hunt would have allowed the Kirkhams to take the car. Just ANOTHER act of greed by Mr. Hunt. Thinking more of his wallet than of a dying customer. I'm sure there were some legal complications involved in transferring the car, but c'mon. SOMETHING could have been done IF Hunt really wanted to.
Orig posted by TURK: "The bad news regarding Las Vegas will turn folks pro-Kirkham before it turns them Pro-SPF. What drives you on this?"
I certainly HOPE you don't think this is all about me trying to pursuade people over to Superformance cars. I honestly don't know where you came up with that one, my friend. I'm no SPF spokesman. In fact, I haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.........
People can, and WILL, continue to buy Shelby's after all of this (for all I care). I cartainly hope the guys with depsoits down on the 4700+ series get their cars someday. I just hope people think twice before having Finish Line put the cars together for them, that's all.
And who says Finish Line is "Finished"......beside YOU? How many people buy Shelby's that have never heard of, or have visited, ClubCobra? This and the Viper forum are probably the only 2 areas that this information is being presented.
Let's hope something happens with this AutoWeek article. More folks should know what's going on @ Finish Line. This is business at it's WORST.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Earnie, they may be using post count for their call list for quotations. You are right behind TURK. Are you already working on what you are going to say? Film crew may be involved.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Terry,
The car is BEING finished, not because Roy Hunt said so, I thought Dwayne's representative said so. I also happen to know so.
I stuck my neck out on this as far as I can, hoping I would play a small part in getting this car FINISHED. If the car is NOT finished this time as promised, I may be going there with my OWN camera. I don't need a crew.

I am asking, if we could tone it down a little since some people have stepped in to get IT DONE.
Or should the beatings go on, until the car is delivered?

I don't know Roy, I only met him once, and also talked to him last week and I am very familiar what they promised and what they didn't deliver. At this point in time, the effort is to get the car DONE.
Once it is, we can all line up for blood. You can lead..

If this wasn't "business at it's worst", there wouldn't be as many pots on this. I didn't see anyone defending what happened, or didn't. How could they.

Someone who is already broke, doesn't have the incentives you and I with higher morals, and principals might. He is beyond struggling, that is why OTHERS are helping to get the car done without too much fanfare.
Please let's cut THEM a little slack, not Roy, who by any measure does not deserve any at this point.

Once the car is in the hands of the rightful owner, there should be plenty of time for the lynching, the lawyers, the lawsuit and whatever you like.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 12-16-2004 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-16-2004, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My wife and I have been following this thread for a while know and we both feel that this should go national. We hope you guys succeed in bringing this out in the open for the general public to here about. This flat out is BULL $HIT!! Dying or not - this car should allready be in his position with what he was promised.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrysSPF
...well said...

Dr. Turk:
Vengence? Oh, I don't know. Seeing this guy getting screwed as he's dying might have something to do with it. Reminds me of a time I watched a friends family get screwed by a home builder while his father was in the hospital dying from a bad car accident.
Maybe it's screwing someone during the Holidays......I don't know.
You're right, this and the other couple of threads were started to try and get people's cars finished. And, that could have been accomplished by now if Roy Hunt would have allowed the Kirkhams to take the car. Just ANOTHER act of greed by Mr. Hunt. Thinking more of his wallet than of a dying customer. I'm sure there were some legal complications involved in transferring the car, but c'mon. SOMETHING could have been done IF Hunt really wanted to.
Orig posted by TURK: "The bad news regarding Las Vegas will turn folks pro-Kirkham before it turns them Pro-SPF. What drives you on this?"
I certainly HOPE you don't think this is all about me trying to pursuade people over to Superformance cars. I honestly don't know where you came up with that one, my friend. I'm no SPF spokesman. In fact, I haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.........
People can, and WILL, continue to buy Shelby's after all of this (for all I care). I cartainly hope the guys with depsoits down on the 4700+ series get their cars someday. I just hope people think twice before having Finish Line put the cars together for them, that's all.
And who says Finish Line is "Finished"......beside YOU? How many people buy Shelby's that have never heard of, or have visited, ClubCobra? This and the Viper forum are probably the only 2 areas that this information is being presented.
Let's hope something happens with this AutoWeek article. More folks should know what's going on @ Finish Line. This is business at it's WORST.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On the one hand, I just wish this poor guy a peaceful transition.

On the other hand, I can see the 'perfect storm' of terminal illness, criminal fraud, the holiday season and a laundry list of Shelby BS a thousand miles long that has folks wanting to see some heads on pikes.

I feel pretty helpless in either scenario.

I guess I'll send Dwayne a card in the morning & simply let the human comedy roll on. We are, after all, the ones with the brain.
What a pity the heart part exists, for some, in transplant only.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW -
for you regulars, I realize that I've spent the last two years or so mostly lurking on the board and have become quite vocal over the past few days.
I know this is a tight knit group & I apologize for injecting myself so dramatically of late.
This thread just lit a fire under me & I felt compelled to contribute.
I will be back in my hole directly.
Thanks for your attention & I return you to your regularly scheduled flame wars.

Durt
Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Durt

Stick around...really.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hope to, under more pleasant circumstances.
Thanks, Jamo.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie

and when did the Vipers get to be that beautiful?
Brians Viper is sharp looking but as first glance I thought it was an updated Series I.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TC,,,, thats a scary thought, making a comment for an article. Posting in here is like talking to family, sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth, sometimes I have something worth saying. Either way, it's OK in HERE.

There are a number of people more qualified and balanced to comment on this SAI issue than I am.

For the "family":
Sometime ago a "high ranking" SAI employee promised to get something special signed by Shelby for my son. I was pretty excited for my boy and told him to watch the mail for it. It never came, I had to apologize to my son. That hurt, to say the least. I'm certainly not the first guy to have been disappointed by SAI, and won't be the last.

Last edited by Excaliber; 12-17-2004 at 08:27 AM..
Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Excaliber

TC,,,, thats a scary thought, making a comment for an article. Posting in here is like talking to family, sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth, sometimes I have something worth saying. Either way, it's OK in HERE.

There are a number of people more qualified and balanced to comment on this SAI issue than I am.

For the "family":
Sometime ago a "high ranking" SAI employee promised to get something special signed by Shelby for my son. I was pretty excited for my boy and told him to watch the mail for it. It never came, I had to apologize to my son. That hurt, to say the least. I'm certainly not the first guy to have been disappointed by SAI, and won't be the last.
You forgot to send it with a $50.00 dollar check write out to the Heart Find. just send it directly to the Charity and they will not only get it signed, but return it with a Certificate of authenticity. Carroll Shelby is an 82 year old Man living with a Double organ transplant for 12 years now. It is a miracle he is alive, let alone doing as much as he can on a daily basis. He gets worn out from age, Medication and Anti rejection drugs. He put his empire in the hands of Many people. some of which were bad decisions. I know there are others who have done their best for him and try as they may are unable to put "Humpty" back together again. when you have too many irons in the fire, some are bound to melt. It is just ashme that the it Had to be His most Famous Car that made him, Bring him down in the end. I wonder how the Chilli and Tulli Bull industry are doing these days?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Actually I never sent anything, the offer was extended to me as a courtesy, and I accepted. Silly me, nobody gets something for nothing, I should have known!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I found out 'the routine' the hard way years ago. I had a copy of Dave Friedman's book & approached Shelby to autograph it. At the time I wasn't aware that it was an industry. He reacted with the warmth and enthusiasm of a man being served a sopoena.
The book remains unsigned.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

*** I COULD USE SOME HELP ***

The plan is that we are going to pick up the car on Jan. 14th Friday or Jan.15th Saturday. I would like to have some Cobra Experts with me the day we pick it up so we can go over the car and and built sheets and see that Dwayne is getting everything he paid for. Is there any Las Vegas Cobra Experts that might be able to help me out when we pick up the car?

I know if I look under the hood all I will know is that 2 cylinders are missing (I little Viper Humor)

Last edited by HOGDEALER; 12-17-2004 at 05:04 PM..
Closed Thread