Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i believe that "finishline" is located in the same industrial park at the race track that "sai" is located. i have visited (although have never done buisness with) "finishline" and got to see shelby's cobra coup being worked on there just prior to the '03 laguna seca vintage races.

LETS HERE IT FOR THE KIRKHAMS!!

Last edited by csx700?; 12-11-2004 at 11:03 PM..
Old 12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

140K. Unbelievable.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

As much as Kirkham's offer to finish a car for this guy is a commendable gesture, why let Finish Line and Shelby off the hook?

This is very ugly, and I for one as a long time Shelby supporter have my head down on this one.
I do have a problem with someone picking up $140K and letting someone else finish the car with some missing parts.

Yes the man needs his car, and at this point he would probably settle for ANY car.
This should not be the end of the story, should it?

If Kirkhams can jump in and do this for free, shouldn't a lawyer who is competent and willing, preferably someone who specilizes in such matters and licensed to practice in whichever jurisdiction this case should be handled, jump in and donate some of their own time and get this man his money that would be representative of a Kirkham car and the $140,000 he already spent.

By my calculations, if he gets the engine he paid for ,he still has about a $75K refund due to him.

What a bunch of crap.

TURK
My position on Kirkhams haven't changed , but my position on Shelby HAS!

Last edited by Turk; 12-12-2004 at 10:23 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 windsor, trickflow heads, gt 40 intake, 65 mm throttle body, autronic computer, custom headers, glimer drive , toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Nice work

AS per usual somebody some where is getting scr###wed over. I run a business and like all businesses your best advertising is happy customers. This has been one mighty big bungle by those involved and I wish much suffering to anybody scre###wing over another person and paricularly those who are a little more vunerable than others. Like most people on this forum My family and I wish all involved the best wishes from all down here in OZ and a heart felt thankyou to the Kirkhams.

You guys live in the land of litigation this has to be a case of suing the pants off these guys, it may not solve anything this time ( ihope it does I really do) but it might stop it next time
Old 12-12-2004, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

...and when talking to people about which car i want, and tell them the kirkham, and they ask, "why not get the csx...", i need only to point to threads like this, and the business practices of shelby, and or their dealers (whom i tie together as a matter of principle)...they know whats going on..and choose to look the other way, or encourage, and or practice the same type of dealings themselves......
Old 12-12-2004, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

Bob is an inept jerkoff.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Semko

Cracker,
Your response is erroneous. You don't know the entire story regarding Bob Marsh's position and to discredit an honorable gentleman, is a disservice and unjust. I think if you ask the Hogdealer if Bob tried to resolve the situation, you might discover an answer that would make you recant your post.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default That about sums it up.

think Kris summed it very well. I have delt with Bob quite a bit in the production of my Cobra. Will tell you anything weather its true or not. Is not production or customer oriented, but then again he reports to Brent Fenimore who is a complete idiot !!!!!!!!!! I just thank the Lord every day that I got the Cobra that I ordered. I am sure Brent made a point not to be there when I picked up my Cobra. And I am glad he did because if I would have seen if I would have decked him.

Its sad that two of the best employees at Shelby were not promoted and are no longer working there. Yet ship heads like Bob and Brent still are there running the business into the ground!!!

Morgan

Last edited by RedCSX1; 12-12-2004 at 07:54 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

morgan
i and others probably have a good idea where to mount it. up shelby's ARSE and pull the pin and squeeze the handle while it's there.........he needs something to put out the fire........

kris
your absolutly right about bob and this goes with the rest of shelby's management people. all those people were interested in were shaking people down and pocketing the profits and or the deposits. if you look at thier operation you can see that they have no and had no intention of producing anything with any kind of quality, using prisoners as assemblers, using mexico as builders. all he did with this buisness is try to figure out where he could cut the next corner. if you look at this compared to the same operation of the '60s you can see that there are no ken miles,phil remington, or any others that actually took pride in what this manufacturer should be in the eyes of the consumer. anyone that was working for him that had any kind of talent i'm sure soon found out what the buisness plan really was about and departed the seen. shelby had everything going for him when he decided to undertake this buisness and he did was phuck the customer and the product bearing his name all because of greed for the $$$$$.

Last edited by csx700?; 12-12-2004 at 08:22 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Turk: As usual, you explained what I was trying to say a couple posts back, with much more eloquence. -Although, I did edit my post on pg. 11 to further my point of view on this.
Is there someone (preferably a Lawyer) in the area that is familiar with Shelby cars, parts, and pricing who could be there when the turnover takes place to the Kirkhams? Someone that could make sure that not only Dwayne is getting everything that he paid for, but that he is refunded for everyhting that he has paid for and never recieved. If Turk's calculations are correct (or even CLOSE), this guy is due a SIZABLE amount of money back from Finish Line. Nothing could be worse at this point than to see Roy Hunt make out (financially) on this job after SCREWING this guy over for the past 22 months.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Will the completed car be a Kirkham or will it have a CSX number.
That $75,000 difference may be a little too high, if the car ends up a mere Kirkham.

Contrary to the opinions expressed, there is a value attached to the pedigree.
Can Shelby deny that number to a car completed by others, and can this car cause this gentleman loose more $$$$s?
The soap opera has not played out the final episode yet!

If I was Las vegas, I would burn the car before I would allow the competetion trump them on such a matter.

I bet, if they told their employees what was going on in this thread ( I am talking about the blue collar worker at Shelby) they could probably get enough vounteers to finish this car themselves on a weekend just as a good will gesture.

To do so, would require direction, desire and asking the people who work with their hands every day instead of those who work with their mouths.

An opportunity to do the right thing lost more than once.

Silly, and sad.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 12-12-2004 at 10:34 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

A few points...

The presumption that taking the car from Roy lets him off the hook or resolves him or anyone else of further liabilities or responsibilities is just that...a presumption. If Roy and/or Shelby demand a release before the car, as it is, is turned over, and any attorney representing Dwayne signs it, then they all should go to hell. One remedy is not exclusive of the other...first year law, some Perry Mason episodes and a stay at a Holiday Inn would tell you that.

I wouldn't let Shelby or Finishline touch another damn thing. Worthless as teats on a borehog, if that.

Kirkham could, in my opinion, finish this car as a CSX as it is working as an independent shop and is not the mfg.

Once the car is done, there is more than adequate time to file actions to answer for remaining liabilities. How Finishline responds now will determine whether such actions need to be filed, or the degree of remedies provided down the road.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Turk - I could, at least in the past, buy a CSX component car and self-assemble it without loosing the number - it's simply built by Cracker in lieu of Roy .... (thank God). I don't see them (SAI) doing anything else to stand in the way of this project UNLESS they're even more stupid than I had given them credit for. As far as Finishline goes, I'd venture to bet that money's gone, sadly. Let's just not have short memories of what happened here with both SAI and F.L. - the Kirkham's, despite the shortcomings have come through in a way that really impresses me. If I'm ever driving an aluminum Cobra I will go out of my way to make sure it isn't a CSX car - this episode really has tainted any silver lining 'ole Shell had left, in my eyes but I'd venture to guess I'm not alone with this "ucky" feeling/viewpoint. Thank you David (Kirkhams) in picking up the ball! Kind of like your ebay efforts, not bad marketing but in this case you really, really deserve the positive press.

Last edited by Cracker; 12-12-2004 at 10:56 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

This car was sent to Finishline from Shelby, right? So right there the car must have an MSO and CSX number before it would ever leave SAI's possesion. So whomever finishes it doesn't matter, Shelby is done on their end as far as the story goes once it's gone to the dealer.

The other question is how was the car sent? It's obviously not a roller right? Because if it was, I would think it would be much simpler to finish this car off. So how did the car arrive at Finishline.

And here's another thought...

Regardless of how it came to Finishline, what does the car look like NOW? Obviously Finishline is playing games with peoples money, so who's to say the car isn't sitting in a corner with half it's parts stripped off and sold to other people? Who's to say it's not another Hennessey mess?

Has anyone even SEEN this car lately?

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 12-12-2004, 11:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Guys,

Regardless of the who and what, the man is in need of assistance, Kirkham has stepped up to the plate along with others. Can we take the SHelby/Finishline/bullKrap to another thread and get back to getting this guys car finished and in his hands..

Bill S.

PS: I'm only sorry I could not afford that type of spare change (spending wise) for a car as nice as what it should have been by now.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Actually Bill, any discussion about this particular car and what Finishline and/or Shelby did or didn't do belongs right here.

Thanks for checking this hall out. You may check the next one now.

Old 12-12-2004, 11:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Jamo,

Just giving Hogdealer a chance without having to weed through the bullchit. No hall monitoring for me, that's supposed to be your job, remember.

Last edited by mrmustang; 12-12-2004 at 11:58 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

One thing that would make this really interesting is if Shelby has not been paid for the car by Roy at Finishline...

That would make the car Shelby's still.....and if I were Shelby, I would take possession of the car and would not release it unil I was paid for it.

That's how business works, boys.

Seems to me the beef is between the customer and the dealer - sure the manufacturer SHOULD get involved, but they are not required to.

As I work for a manufacturer, I occasionally see situations where a customer gets a bad deal from a dealer and it is my job to see if I can get the dealer to do the right thing for the customer....if they want to they do, if they don't want to they don't. We can't FORCE them to do squat.

I try to convince them they should.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Bill

That's right, so please stop trying to direct traffic. Given all of the resources that have come into play here and at the Viper forum in a rather short time (compared to the time wasted so far at Finishline), I don't think ol Hogdealer has any trouble using the internet to do his bidding.

Thank you...I'm not sure for what, but I want to come across like I appreciate your efforts.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Jamo,

Old 12-12-2004, 12:31 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Pat,

If I was Shelby, and one of my "authorized dealers" was pulling the chit that Finishline has been, he would no longer be a dealer of anything that I had to sell. To allow a business such as Finishline to openly continue to represent Shelby is a travesty.....

Bill S.

Closed Thread