Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 12:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Is there any thread you would consider beneath you and not jump on for more of the same?

Are you dying too?

"as a dissatisfied customer of sai" No $hit. We heard that before.
Reminds me of John Kerry talking about Cheeney's lesbian daughter...

Use the SHIFT key for capitalization. You are driving me nuts.

TURK
Old 12-09-2004, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will post this as is in the eyes of SAI and then follow with what we have offered to do to help. The initial may sound a little harsh but please keep in mind that this is a business and there are legal issues that do not allow us to step in and take care of it 100%.

Dwayne's aluminum bodied CSX4000 Component (sold through the dealer as a kit as apposed to a complete painted roller) Cobra was delivered to Finishline Motorsports over 22 months ago and in accordance with the original delivery date that was given to Dwayne at the time of sale however Mr. Hunt, Finishline told us that he did not have the funds required to release (pay-off) the unit and would need a few weeks. Some sixty days later Mr. Hunt stated to us that he still did not have the funds and was forced to let us use the unit to fill someone elses order and he would get back in line to have the unit built in a few months.

This meant that the deposits that had been placed on the car (50%) would stay on the books and when Roy was ready we would sart and finish the unit.

When Dwayne and Roy came to the shop several months later Mr. Marsh was correct in his statement due to the fact that Roy had never initiated the build and the unit he had shown Dwayne had a different CSX number and was being processed through paint by the different number. When we confronted Mr Hunt he stated that he needed to use a unit he had in stock and wanted to to be numbered as CSX4311. Although this was not by any means standard practice it was pointed out by Roy that he needed to get the unit complete, he did not have the funds to have us build it again and that he was only trying to fill a customer order in the only way he could.

In February the unit was complete through the paint shop and once again Hunt stated that he did not have the funds to get it released and would have to wait until he could get the funds together. In March neither myself or any other employee of SAI stated that we would make sure the unit would get completed however we did offer to stay on top of the situation and that we would help in any manner possible.

In July I did meet with Roy, Dwayne and his attorney at the request of Dwayne because he felt it would put additional pressure on Roy to get the unit complete.

In October Dwayne came into my office and stated that he was done with the situation of working with Roy and that he would like us to get the vehicle and finish it for him. I clearly offered to get the vehicle back and complete it to complete roller les engine and trans but that was as far as we (SA) could go for legal reasons however there are several very capable techs in the area that could perform the installation. Dwayne stated that he would go get Roy and the three of us could discuss getting it down to our shop and complete. A short time later Roy and Dwayne arrived for the meeting and seemed to have worked things out on their own and Dwayne stated that he wanted to stay with Roy and was fine as long as the unit was complete by the first of the year. Roy promised both Dwayne and I that the car would be complete by Jan 1, 2005 to the acceptance of Dwayne.

This was the last I had heard from Dwayne until this post on CC this evening.

This is rather long winded but the initial post left no choice but to go into detail.

I will be checking on CSX4311 in the morning and will then call Dwayne with an update. My offer still stands to complete the unit as a roller less drivetrain however we can not install the engine no matter how badly we want to help Mr Gregory get his car complete.

Last edited by brentfenimore; 12-09-2004 at 05:43 PM..
Old 12-09-2004, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Amazing - it is true! Brent, I hope for your sake that after one of your resellers does this repeatedly to the same fellow (140,000 in deposits!) you CUT OFF business with the fool or suffer in the same place as him. This really burns me.

On another note, I don't buy your line about not being able to arrange an install FOR HIM for crying out loud - what a joke! I can't believe you'all have people who actually have paid you deposits - hopefully NOW THEIR EYES WILL OPEN UP!!!!!

Last edited by Cracker; 12-09-2004 at 05:18 AM..
Old 12-09-2004, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Neutral     

What a sob story, this whole thing makes me sick. I'm supposed to feel sorry for this guy? Guess what, I'm fighting terminal cancer but I've never gone around crying to anyone for help in any matter. If you're healthy enough to go rolling around the country in Vipers and Harleys then you're strong enough to fight your own battle with a company that you're doing business with. What assinine BS! I didn't order a finished Cobra, I built my own, so I haven't dealt with build companies but I have heard and read some members stories (right here on CC) about dealing with them. What makes his problem more special than anyone of theirs? Because he has cancer? Or because he used large wads of money and a sob story to get preferential treatment but still got treated the same as the average guy. Just goes to show you, giant sums of money can't buy you happiness:a shiny new Cobra! Guess what, people live and die, what they do in between is completely up to them. The person I feel sorry for most is the poor friend that is trying to help his 'dying' buddy. He'll probably croak before his buddy from all the stress of trying to help out his 'poor unfortunate helpless' friend.
You want to feel sorry? Feel sorry for the child whos father suddenly dies from a massive heart attack, or the parents that are told their child has a terrible disease.
P.S. I wonder if young Caroll Shelby used his heart problem as leverage in getting his Cobras built?
I'm being nice here, pm me and ask me what I really think!

Last edited by maxrpm; 12-09-2004 at 05:14 AM..
Old 12-09-2004, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Max,

I guess that could be considered an opposing argument and position.

Sorry to hear about your situation....
Old 12-09-2004, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie

Max,

Sorry to hear...
While I appreciate that, that's not what I am trying to accomplish by letting my little secret become known on CC. I want everyone who takes the time to read "I'm dying..blah blah" to think a bit before they start offering up their services or $$$ or whatever. It is pathetic to use an illness as an excuse to get a $120,000+ exotic car built. Or maybe I'm just mean...
Old 12-09-2004, 05:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Max, I am sorry to hear of your illness. It makes time much more precious and allows you to appreciate the things around you. I also built my car and believe I understand your position.

This is an unfortunate situation and It appears this fellow is willing to accept another delay to Jan 2005. I do not know why he didn't just go buy any Cobra and have fun with it.

Is this the same finish line that advertises on this site?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Trularin, no, that Finishline is in Florida and Enzo would never do this to a customer, anyway he only sells parts.

You know, we really didn't need this little cluster f*** right now...
Old 12-09-2004, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by trularin

sorry to hear
Thanks, but please make this the last comment on my illness. I'm just fine and living life just like everyone else. The only reason I even mentioned it was because I've been on here a while and you had never seen me come on here and ask everyone to help me finish my car when I was so sure I couldn't because of blah blah..or whatever, and I know full well that if I had asked, you guys would all help in any way you could. But that's disgusting to go and pull on the heartstrings of decent caring people because you can.
PS. I have a very close childhood friend who felt very bad for me and my predicament (at one point I was told I had 7-10days)but I went to HIS funeral after a fatal car accident took his life. So much for pity. I'm out racing in my Cobra and he's buried 2 yrs.

Last edited by maxrpm; 12-09-2004 at 07:08 AM..
Old 12-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Alright, if you take out the "cancer card/illness" you still have a sorry situation! ANYONE putting down large sums of money for a car should have their car after 22+ months; not excuses, and not pushed back down the line waiting for more of "someone else's" money to finish YOUR car. Every one of US would be more than a little mad to have been that patient, and trusting of our builders explanations. I'm sorry he's had to "play the illness card" to try to get things moving. I think you get to the point of exasperation and would do anything to get the car you've PAID for, and might not ever see. I mean, really, would it possible he could wait years???
Kristen
Old 12-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was going to say, I have pruchased several things from the Finishline advertising here abnd have had great service and very fast shipping, even during the hurricanes.

Dave, you sound pi$$ off, do you think there is something we collectively could do to fix this problem? It being Christmas and all, I can only pray that this man gets out from under this problem.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Trularin, if you read back on this thread you will find that "Dwayne" is a multi-millionare with more money than sense. I'm really sorry he is dying. Aren't we all.

And Max, right now you are Da Man in my book.

What really pisses me off are the people waiting for CSX4000 cars. They are the ones I would like to help. This nonsense is distracting from a bigger problem...
Old 12-09-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by CowtownCobra

They are the ones I would like to help. This nonsense is distracting from a bigger problem...
Exactly, and not to be morbid but how many of these people waiting will end up dying from unforseen circumstances before ever realizing their dream of owning their Cobra. Many people check out before they finish their lifes work. I say we kill this thread and start another one titled "We're all dying, please build our CSXs!"
Old 12-09-2004, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Just because the guy may be a multi-millionare doesn't change the fact that he's getting royally screwed over. He's got feelings just like those of us that are poor. As for the cancer thing, some may feel bad for him, some may not. To each his own. Either way, it's a sad situation in more ways than one.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 12-09-2004, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

He has cancer and made the "error" of telling so he deserves to get screwed around?

He is wealthy so he deserves to be screwed around?

So if you see a dying but rich guy lying at the side of the freeway you just pass him by looking for a healthy poor guy lying at the side of the freeway.

I (don't) see.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

It IS a sad situation for one reason and one reason only.He had a wish. He wanted a Cobra, and expensive one at that.

He paid $140,000 to get one, and didn't. Him and or his estate is entitled to get what they paid for.

The rest is additional coloring and decoration to the story.

Last edited by Turk; 12-09-2004 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well said Turk.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

THe more I think about it the more bizarre it gets...

talk about throwing "good money after bad"... and I think at a point much before this I would have just gone out and bought a car at any cost just to drive it...

Whatever!!!

Last edited by casaleenie; 12-09-2004 at 04:12 PM..
Old 12-09-2004, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4780...after 19 months finally in Vegas. Now, if they can get the paint right :(
Send a message via Yahoo to ff2_emtb
Not Ranked     

Maybe it is just me, but I guess I do not understand what this guy was thinking. In the same situation, knowing that I have XX amount of time left on this earth, and what appears to be an unlimited supply of funding, why in the hell would I waste time having a car BUILT when I could just go out and buy one already done? This is what strikes me as most bizarre about this whole thing. Short time left, lets spend a sh*tload of money on something that will have to be BUILT, or, lets go find one thats already done, buy it and drive the hell out of it. Hmmmm.....I think most of us would go for the latter.

Do I feel sorry for this guy? For the sickness yes, nobody deserves that. For the car fiasco? Hell no. I agree he is getting screwed, no doubt there. But at the same time, he also has had plenty of opportunities to get out of the deal and has not done so. So either his lawyer totally sucks monkey ass, or he is a total idiot with more money than brains. At some point common sense has to kick in. It obviously never kicked in here.

T.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There is something about "ordering" a car, built the way you want and tracking it's progress that is WAY different than simply "buying" a car.

Obviously the man could "buy" one tommorow, thats not what he set out to do. Which would be, Finish the project he started, the car he ordered and spec'd the way he wanted.

What Brent Fenimore had to say sounds quite logical to me. SAI has been willing and trying and stands ready to help right now! Arranging for an engine for the fellow could indeed be tricky from a legal standpoint. SAI simply cannot "legally" put motors in their cars.

As I understand it that was a BIG part of WHY they just closed the Engine Building part of the buisness. Not the Engine PARTS, the Engine BUILDING. Violation of Federal law for them to get "to close" to the motor thing.
Closed Thread