Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's tough to get EVERTHING that is nice in a single Cobra. I liked the extra room and comfort of my old Excalibur, basically same thing as Classic Roadster. I like the easy to maintain decent mpg of the 302, reliable as heck! It kind of "ate at me" that the longer wheel base didn't look quite right and the "talk story" that inevitably came at a car show (Well, it is a little different...). When I went with the ERA I specifically wanted a side oiler because I was looking to recreate the feel the soul of what an original was like. But sometimes, I still miss the Excalibur...

I just bought a second set of wheels so I can mount some serious rubber for track days or drag strip and still have a good reliable set of tires for the street.

Pffft, just slightly better than MY ERA huh?

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-28-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good evening patients and regarded onlookers,

I would like to welcome all of you to another session of

"Overcoming "FE"-TARDATION, the cure is here"

I see from the roll sheet that most of our group from yesterday has returned, and we have some new faces.
Welcome, please make everyone else uncomfortable.

Mr. Kirkham,

Thank you for joining us. I must agree with your input, I had an 84 SVO Mustang (Med Canyon Red) when I was in college, it was a fun car of that time with great potential.

Excalibur,

So what you saying is that of the 1.3 mil people on that sand covered postage stamp in the middle of the ocean, you’re the only one who would bother to build an FE.
Thank you, that’s a good statistic, ill use it.

I am sorry, but the session is not over. Please take you seat.

"I can't do it, so therefore it can't be done" an excellent motto to live by Ex.

I know this will be hard for your over pressurized brain to accept, but there are street legal tires that are capable of amazing traction and have been know to actually apply more than 500hp to the ground. They are called DRAG RADIALS.
Say it with me oh lord of the "FE"TARDs, DRAG RADIAL .
With the traction to run deep in the 7s and well over 200 mph and possessing a DOT approval. They make an excellent Cobra tire.

That you can attempt to speak about what is and isn’t a "waste" when you clearly have no experience is just another shinning example of the "FE"CAL matter that fills you to the point of explosion.

So to answer you question, Yes, Mr. Schroeder will go faster and quicker if he was making 700hp on his street legal tires.

Incidentally, a better 60' time will certainly improve you ET, but does not necessarily affect your trap speed.
As many things may cause your car to be slow, that would be speculation.

next patiant please...

Dr 385

Last edited by DR 385; 08-28-2009 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great Asp,
Welcome, thank you for joining the session.
I see the "FE"TITUS has caused your hair to fall out and your ears to flap.
As extreme vanity is a symptom, I'm sure you already have a very nice hair piece. Maybe try a nail gun for the ears, 16 penny on each side should hold them down.

We are always accountable for what we say, Today or five months ago. Maybe we should be sure of our positions prior to committing them to the written record.

Braid cautiously your rope, lest you be hanged with it.

Insult? No, merely taking the "FE"TARDS to task for their comments and opinions.

And how is an "FE" the best Ford engine again?
Cost? ....no
Power?....no
Reliability....no

"Because they are Cool!, and.. that’s.. what Cobras came with, Mr. Smarty Insulting, Troll guy!!"

LOL, STOP IT!! YOUR KILLIN ME AGAIN.. LOL

Yes I do I own a SPF with a 385 series BB. I have no shame when I open my hood, I make no excuses that it is a replica.

Under a bridge, LOL!! There is that troll thing again, are you gonna paste that really funny "troll spray" picture? (This is so cool! Wait for it....he must watch a lot of Dora the explorer)

DR 385
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

there he is!!!! dogpile!!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What a full blown a-hole this guy is!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

I truly think the Dr is kinda funny. It was getting too boring here, what with everyone singing cum-by-ya and all...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #570 w Shelby FE
Not Ranked     

Dr. (proctology?), you should really try milk in your corn flakes instead of the yellow stuff...

It's people like you that give the 385 a bad name (not really, it's anything you try to advocate).

Considering your 2800lb. figure you either are un-informed, or weigh about 400+ lbs. (which would explain your "charm")
Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
there he is!!!! dogpile!!!!!

I havent heard the term "dogpile" in years!!! lol !!!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR 385 View Post
There is that troll thing again,
DR 385
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_troll

yes, you qualify as a troll.

You don't care what anyone else thinks about you on this forum, and that's why you post in an inflammatory manner. This is fun for you to get people worked up, you are a troll. Otherwise you would have made a case for a 385 series motor in a way that would not berate others that have been here a lot longer than you. Many of the people you wish to upset, have contributed to this site, and you have not. You are a troll.

Your not insulting anyone by using the word "tard"? I don't guess it's dawned on you that people that have been on this forum may have children or loved ones with disabilities, and the derogatory use of the word "tard" might be offensive? You won't think twice about this, and you are now writing a response having givin this no careful thought.

Don't worry, you have moved on from troll, to a bag of tools, congrats.

Why not go back to bullying people on the other forum? (you know)

E
Old 08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

$ 4 $ .....

hard to go past a Cleveland .... old school hot rod horsepower.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Moderator, can we please block DR 385 from this site?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
Moderator, can we please block DR 385 from this site?
...and close the thread.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is the one issue I beat myself up with when first starting my build.I wanted the Cammer at first,(Price! Holy Chit!!) then a Boss (Holy chit again!!) FE next (at that time it was too old tech) settled for 385 series,it being the biggest bang for the buck.It turned out to be amazingly quick,especially after having the suspension scaled.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good afternoon Gentlemen, ladies...

Ex,
"A-hole? Really? , you can do so much better than that. If you're not going to take this treatment seriously...

Itbites,
Thank you, I am pretty dam funny sometimes.

Ronbo,
You make it to easy..

Yes, some days I feel like a proctologist. All I do is try to treat A bunch of rectums, who sole purpose is to spew "FE"ces on unsuspecting browsers.

"and your fat! And..and...stupid...and.. nobody likes you!"

You hurt my feelings now!.... Ok maybe not.

Great Asp,
Yaaaawn, "troll" yea, I get it, you're calling me a troll again..

For your edification, it is now and has been for sometime, socially unacceptable to use the term "retard" to describe people with developmental or behavioral disabilities. I have not and would not use that term in that fashion.
To attempt to link my incredibly accurate description of you to those who face special challenges is deplorable.
This is similar to the anti gun lobby trying to link law abiding gun owners to violent criminals. It is done to satisfy your own personnel agenda, and is symptomatic of larger issue. That your position is not sturdy enough to stand on its own merit.

Make no mistake, I am insulting you and the other "FE"tared members, who believe that they are somehow better than those who choose the drive-train based on cost, capability, efficiency and durability.

Bullying? Just discussing the facts with my fellow cobra owners.

I was waiting for it, and now, as I postulated, it has occurred.

Guys are trying to have me blocked and the thread locked?
Why?
Really, and that will keep me from posting? Has it ever worked?
Be smarter than that, don't make the decision for censorship.
If you don’t like what I have to say, don’t read it, or better yet, stand up and shout why your position is stronger and why I'm full of crap!

Welcome to freedom of speech, I suggest we all practice it, teach our kids about it and use it to its fullest potential.

Here endeth the lesson.

DR385

Last edited by DR 385; 08-31-2009 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: TYPO
Old 08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Oye vey. Whatever. Jamo?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

*munches popcorn*
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Ban him. Difference of opinion is great, insults with no constructive purpose are just rude and I don't see why we are still tolerating it.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
Ban him.
He'll just come back under a different name, and it's too much to ask for the moderators to constantly watch for his posts, delete them, ban IPs (which are probably dynamic anyway), guess his proxies, etc. The solution is to simply ignore the posts regardless of how inflammatory they may be. He will eventually tire of posting, but it usually gets worse before it gets better. But it does always get better.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ban him I say!!! Do it now!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not Jamo,

Ok, I'm very sorry, please don’t ban me.........i'll play nice... I swear....

Dr385