Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lets close this thread, it lost its value when I wrote my post a page and half ago.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a plan!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft racing 302 ford
Not Ranked     

Cashburn, Using name calling to vent your feeling is not customer relations it only causes the problem to get worse and Backdraft could lose a customer. The customer has a right for voice his problems as you have the right to with venders in you business, Being understanding on both sides is the way to go. You use this forum to permote your business as the customer use it to voice his problem, which everybody can see So Think before you type because words on the net are there for long time.
ED C
Old 05-06-2007, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

can we now close this ..... and if you have an issue take it up with those who it needs to be taken up with 'offline'.

Thanks

Stoli ..... man you guys need some decent beer up there
Old 05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,

What's your recommendation?
Hope you're not going to say that Foster's stuff from "down under".

Seriously, I work with a couple of Russians, and they tell me that Stoli is as highly regarded in Russia as Lowenbrau is in Germany - that is to say sort of like Coors or Miller light is looked at here. They brought me some "good stuff" from back home the last time they visited, and I have to say that they are right.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Any aussie beer should stay in aussie. There's a beer brewed in Queensland called XXXX. Of course we in NZ say it's called that because they can't spell @%$! and put it on a can. I don't know how but Fosters is available down here. Available yes .... bought ... noooooo

Icehouse is a good beer, even if it is brewed in Milwaukee

I'll have to get some Canterbury Draught sent over from NZ and get it sent up to the now not so chilly north.

regards
Doug
Old 05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Now that that's settled, maybe we can get this thread back onto its original purpose.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing Cobra
Send a message via Yahoo to SACoupe
Not Ranked     

Maybe the guys who are whining about what a problem these cars are should think about the following.
I own a number of classic american cars...and each and everyone is restored to close to mint condition.......these include a 65 Mustang Fastback....Studebakers( Hawks and Larks), chevy trucks and a couple of1930's Model A Fords.
One thing they all have in common..........They need to have hands kept on them to keep them this way......All of the above restored cars need way more attention than my BDR cobra does!!!
They need regular tuning and servicing and small adjustments and repairs done along the way...........ALL THE TIME.
Guys IF you want a car that needs NO attention....Buy a damn Chevy or BMW. hell for that matter even buy a Corvette.

If You have problems with Your BDR take it up with the dealers, If YOu get no JOY there, try the factory next. I have KNown Tony and the guys at the factory to be ever helpful even with my last cobra which didnt even come from their factory. Service has Always been excellent. and remember......you catch more birds with honey than vinegar......

I have been involved in one way or another with Cobra's for a few Years now, The BDR wasnt my first cobra,but it is by far the best of the lot, and as you all know there are quite a few manufacturers here in SA, so If you think the grass is greener at the other manufacturers...........Think again......Been there done that.

And NO I DONT WORK for Backdraft or TR tec............I am just as happy as a pig in palestine about their product and their service.....MY new BDR has now got over 1000 Kms on it....the only hassle I had was that the car was TOO soft as far as a semi racer goes.......BUt now I have grown to like it that way.....and I wouldnt swop my BDR for any other.........

These cars have never been professed as being anything else than a lightly camouflaged racecar handbuilt for the street. so treat it as such.......Like I said, if u want luxury and ease of motoring with as little, or no attention, as possible needed to the car ...LOOK to Chevrolet and BMW etc etc....

Tony and the guys at the Factory.......you guys are doing a sterling job........and I agree you cannnot keep everyone happy all of the time....But damnit man you guys are keeping nearly all of us BDR owners happy MOST of the time.....Keep it up.
For every car that comes out of the factory there is one happy customer.....but every now and then you get one that just no matter what u do .....he will not be happy....and its never through anything that he does to the product,....Thats Life.......

UNCLE TODD: just a note here..........I have read some of your previous posts...it seems to me that you have had untold amounts of unhappiness with this BDR of Yours.........even Ford and Chevy have cars that come out of their factories that are problem or "jinxed" cars. I dont know the reason for all the problems you are having, but I do not know of EVEN one BDR in SA that has a quarter of the troubles you are having, do u think your off road excursions in Gunrack could have anything to do with this......

What do I do when and if I have a problem car????....I sell it and move on....................replace it or fix it.........NO problem.....thats Life

Cobras will ALWAYS need special care and attention, IF you didnt realise this when u bought yours ,,,,,,, maybe now is a good time to consider a Corvette.

NOW can we get back to the parts list..............NOT that I need it ....MY car has all the latest goodies in it...... :0
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #188 342R Roush
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry for the trouble

I started this thread for the possiblity of having the dealers and the factory to work on upgrades and parts lists to help us owners out. These cars are only toys. Mine goes to car shows where we meet the greatest people that are interested in cars like we are. I hoped to do some good with the start of this thread but somewhere it turned into a complaint thread. If you need someone to talk to to help you with your problems please call your local dealer that sold you your car. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOUR BIT*HING.
I consider this thread ruined for all the help it could of done was wasted.
If I could close the thread I would.
Start you own thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom
The happy BDR owner.
Thanks anyways JAY, Reg, and Tony.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #259 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Parts List, Upgrade List, I miss my BDR

Tom

Thanks for starting this post as now embedded in it are I think 4 things that I understand better.

1. I would really like a parts list for my BDR in some form.

2. I would really like an upgrade list that I can act on when desired. This should be in the form of recommendations from BDR.

3. I understood when I bought my car what SACoupe laid out in his post but sometimes I have to remind myself ( because mine is a daily driver )just what these cars really are and why they require some care. Anyone who doesn't understand the difference should never have bought one. Simple

4. **&^%$^& I really miss my BDR right now as it is getting repaired because some idiot pulled out in front of me on the highway. I am having somebody else do the work and so far Reg, Tony and the boys have done their part and supplied the info. needed to get the repair going.

My car is a daily driver and I am stuck right now with my Neon back up. Zero fun, zero looks, zero speed, zero thrills and quite frankly zero to do at night but watch TV.

John
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp65cobra
Zero fun, zero looks, zero speed, zero thrills and quite frankly zero to do at night but watch TV.
John
LOL , Yup, that pretty much describes my drives in Neons! Sorry about your Cobra man, hope it's back on the road soon.

Steve
Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W Mild Cam 600cm Holley MSD T-5
Send a message via AIM to Smoking Cobra
Not Ranked     

If you ever met Brian and Jay you would realize they are not in it JUSt for the money. Brian's work is a love of car's. and yes they must eat and pay bills like the rest of us.
My car is like my wife- both need lot's of TLC. both are more than worth it.Fast cars and hot woman are high maintence-DEAL WITH IT.
joeg
Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys have missed the whole point...it's not maintenance at all...it's about brand new, factory fresh cars, with zero miles on them, being delivered with leaking-defective exhaust systems, a clutch slave cylinder that WILL go bad in less than a year, (and under 1000 miles in my case), leaks from the diff the first night in the garage, turn signals that don't work, and many, many, many other items, as you have heard a multitude of other owners (not just me) comment about. and you guys smile and say "but it's a cobra! it's ok!" that is total bs... the quality of these cars has been totally misrepresented,(any lawyers listening?) and the owners like me, and there are several, are just plain stuck....unless we sell out (brilliant idea by someone) I am sure that we all will fix them at our expense and go on, but it stinks. I didn't pay to buy an assembled car, then have to immediately start repairing factory defects at my time and expense. Maintenence this is not! Warranty you say? Good luck on getting custom cars, aka backdraft! to respond and fix something.
we all want a great experience from owning a "replica"...and I am really glad you guys are overjoyed. Why hate they guys that have had problems and show disrepect to them?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You guys have missed the whole point
It looks like you may have missed the point as well. I certainly did not say you had no problems with your car. I merely explained that THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR IT!!!!! A thread with useful information is thrown down the tubes. I'm sure it won't be long before this thread gets locked as well.

Take a look at your contribution to this place. http://clubcobra.com/forums/search.php?searchid=354417

I've had my BDR for almost 3 years. I had some issues with it. The guys at Custom Cars offered to fix my side pipes without me asking. They picked my car up, installed a my soft top and put on a new hood at no charge because I asked them to. They called me up one day out of the blue and asked to come get my car to do an upgrade to the frame at no charge to me. This was 2 years after I bought it. Why do you think they did those things to me and won't even fix your turn signals?? I only see the guys once a year at the Roundup.

You can't expect to come on here and tell 200 people that their cars are junk and expect everyone to be your buddy. Your current method to get your issues resolved seems to be doing nothing but pissing a lot of people off. It may be time to try a different method. I hope it works for you. You'll be a much happier person when you can drive your Cobra safely.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42

Last edited by Gatorac; 05-07-2007 at 05:36 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I side with Cbreez his last thread had some very valid points since I had to fix all them at my expense but he forgot the fuel gage not reading accurately or the emergency brake not calibrated or the seat belt bolts only installed one turn, or the high beam relay going out, or the trunk leaking like a sieve in the rain, do a better job Cbreez no wonder everyone is upset with you!!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorac
I'm sure you guys have a reason and a right to be pissed off and vent. But please don't hijack this thread. There's some good information flowing here and some of us would like to use it.

Every fricken time there's a thread about overcoming some issue you jump in complaining. You wonder why someone "chastises" you for speaking your mind?? You clutter up informative threads with mindless dribble about "I got screwed" and "Backdraft sucks" or whatever. If you can't add something constructive, start your own thread, piss and moan all you want and I promise I won't post in it.

Sound fair?
Not only will I not post on it I promise that I won't even bother to read such dribble. Life's too short to sit around and piss and moan.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket7171
I started this thread for the possiblity of having the dealers and the factory to work on upgrades and parts lists to help us owners out.
...I consider this thread ruined for all the help it could of done was wasted.
Tom...I am sorry to see how this rolled out...but there is some good info that came thru.

Sounds to me that some of the other issues can be resolved thru the dealer network...and, it's good to see Tony here for further dialog.

The serious individual issues should be pursued offline.

Now, though, there is a little too much interpersonal bad blood here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket7171
If I could close the thread I would.
Done.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Closed Thread