Not Ranked     

any word???
is the Transfer final yet???
Old 07-10-2003, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

After working with the lawyers on both sides we finally came to agreement. IMAR is having a board meeting on Tuesday for the vote to accept. The closing date should follow within 2 weeks of the vote. Looking real good at this point. I'll post again after the vote on Tuesday.
Don
Old 07-10-2003, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

WOO-HOO!!! Keepin' my fingers crossed for you Don!

Who is John Galt?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

Don,
you have mail!!!

WOO HOOO!

I will wait with great expectations!!!

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 11-16-2003, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I paid Classic Roadsters $11,900 in July 1992 for a Cobra kit. I still have nothing. What was once a dream became a nightmare that I could ill afford. 11 years ago $11,900 was a lot of money, as a matter of fact, it still is. Guess I will always have to live with the memory of "I bought a Cobra once." James Cooper jjemcoop@aol.com
Old 11-16-2003, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I got taken by CR in 1992. This thread left off just when it was getting interesting.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Jim,
How up to date are you on the old CR's fiasco? Do you know where it stands now? Just so you know, Don and I both lost roughly the same amount you lost. Don, the dirty dog that he is finally got most of his back...I never did But, simply because the cars were never "downgraded" if you will, Don and I kept building them. They're still great Cobras and I'm here to tell ya, they're going to get a lot better!

If I can help in anyway, let me know.
DV....man that sucks!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOW ! 12 years later and they still pop up. I feel for you, as DV said both of us got stuck, along with hundreds of others. If you read the entire thread then you will understand what has been happening the last few years. I purchased the company in July of this year and made a promise to fill all current backorders. We are almost complete on doing that. I also promised I would not ship any complete kits until the backorders were filled. 3 1/2 months and 130k later I'm almost ready to ship kits. This has been quite a large undertaking that I would not have given my worst enemy. The one thing that keeps me going is knowing that Classic built one of the best lines of cars in the industry. I will improve on that and make sure the past doesn't come back to get us.

From your post I can understand the hostility you have towards Classic. We all had it at that time. If I had an open checkbook I would try and make things right, but I can't. The past is the past, the people that stole from you have served some time, and the company continues under new ownership, in a new state, with a new attitude, and with a mission to be the best.
Don
Old 01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Don I am looking for a Kit and have a fab. shop in central Wisconsin,if I can help (with any thing but money) please let me know. Leon
Old 01-21-2004, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leon,.
First post? Welcome. Do you know Don? What type of fab. shop?

DV...always looking for top of the line fabricators!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What an odd spot to put a first post. Heck, this thread is nearly a year old and all sorts of things have changed (for the better).

Welcome to CC Leon!

Who is John Galt?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whew! I was scared for a minute. Let us know what you do and where you are in Wi.
Don
Old 01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

See what happens when you take a vacation Don!

Who is John Galt?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pete, this was the first real vacation I've ever taken so I decided I would forget about everything at home. We spent 7 days on a cruise ship, visited 6 islands, listened to reggae music all day and night, snorkeled, swam, danced like a fool and drank like fishes. I had a ball and the only thing I missed at home were the grandkids. Now I'm back to normal, 12 hour workdays, my ear hurts from talking on the phone, I'm back at the gym trying to work off the extra pounds from the trip, eating bologna for lunch, and trying to make Classic the best company in the world. God I love life!!!! 100 degree difference in temperature in 6 hours will wake your ass UP!
Don
Old 01-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

I, too, was a 1992 victim of CR. (Just $2500, thank goodness-not as bad as some others) But I wouldn't think of holding it against the present regime. I'm watching your company with interest, because I think you're going to make something very good out of it.

Cruise ships really are fun, aren't they. I'm glad you had a good time. Best of luck as you build CR2.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dirty Harry, thanks, I appreciate the kind words. We actually shipped a kit the other day with 0 backorders. We have shipped about 12 kits in the last 3 weeks with very minimal backorders that will be filled within 3 weeks. It's quite a job getting the vendors to work on your schedule. My welding shop is hanging us up on many parts, we just hired 1 more full time and 1 part time person to try and get us caught up. The upholstery shop is a little behind. Fiberglass is keeping up and the bodies are coming out almost perfect. They almost look like you could put a coat of wax on them and use them as-is if you like the gray primer color. This has been a very long learning curve but I'm confident in the direction the company is going. My major priority right now is finding a sofware package for our inventory and sales. I think I found a good one, PC-MRP Inventory looks like it may fill the bill. I just hired a filing and data entry person to help us computerize!
Don
Old 01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,

We just got back from a week in Aruba. Great place. Very friendly folks. We decided to do a cruise ship next time, visit a lot of islands.

Sounds like you've got the company nearly running like a clock, great to hear stuff is coming together!

Who is John Galt?
Old 01-22-2004, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know you guys expect this from me, but putting that aside, Don IS doing one helluva job here. I couldn't be prouder.

DV...This is getting better and better all the time!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

good product + good reputation = success

Who is John Galt?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

I can speak from experience. I was really pulling for Don/DV to take things over. Based on what I had learned, I knew my chances of getting treated fairly depended on them getting their hands on CR before I was comfortable sending the money to get the rest of what I needed, which was a lot - body and all that goes with it.

I did not want to risk the frustration and loss that serveral of you have experienced in the past, and I am thankful for this forum to help me learn from the experience of others.

As I knew from his reputation, Don exceeded my expectations. He sent me everything I ordered, when promised, about 20 seperate pieces, all new stuff. Communications on delivery time and while my order was en route to me etc. were very good.

Pete Johnson has been more than helpful, quickly tracking down and sending me misc. hard-to-find small parts I needed for the windshield frame, even though I did not buy the windshield frame from CRII.

Body fit and finish is very good. Hood, trunk and doors will need very little work for paint prep.

When I got started, I looked at 3-4 popular kits, and I really liked the CR chassis design, longer body, and the way it fits together. Now that a great kit is in the hands of quality folks, it deserves to be a real market contender.

Here in Texas, Jay Nordstrom is a creative builder (of CRs and even more complicated cars), and he has been a great source of advice for me as well.

Petek - your CR build web site is also a source of encouragement, so thanks for taking the time to document it online.

So now I have EVERYTHING to finish putting this thing together (except time, of course).

John Dean