28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2004, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I really appreciate the encouragement from all you guys. I really put my butt on the line to get this company and it's customers like you that will help us succeed. I'm really not doing anything special, I'm treating customers the way I want to be treated and that should be #1 for any business. I'm having all the normal problems any new business has. My expectations are very high from all my vendors and most of them are great, there are a few that hold things up. I wanted to ship all products without any backorders but I'm finding this is almost impossible. The backorders we have right now are very small and can be filled in a short period of time. Money is always an issue with a new company but I have been self sufficient for the last 2 months which makes my bank happy and me happy. Sales have been good and we are almost caught up on all old backorders. There are some customers that we didn't know had backorders which I am working hard to find and fill. I'm working now on the software system so we can get out of the paper, get rid of my big board to track parts, we have over 3,000 different parts to track. The company is going great and I have some really good employees helping me.

Petek, I really appreciate your confidence, you have always jumped to the front to help.

John, thankyou, I'm happy everything worked out the way you expected.

Jay and Ed, you guys have been working just as hard as I have and it is appreciated.
Don
Old 01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys...

Just read through this thread after posting some nasty things on the other Classic Roadsters thread. Sorry if I insulted anyone or provided any misinformation. I'd be thrilled to see Classic and/or Sugar Sand get our from under the black umbrella and get to the point where its people should be able to take it! Good luck.

Anonymous Gary-disliker
Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 429
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Hawk View Post
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the reply. I have the frame, sidepipes, electrical harness, foot pedals, gas tank and thats about it from Classic. I have a rolling chassis now, minus engine assembly, headers and sway bars. I do want to get the Body soon. I would much rather give the business to new owners if possible. But I don't want to be left out in the cold either. No matter what, I am not taking a chance with existing ownership. I spoke with Don once several years ago, right after Donnie Vancleave left CR. Don was very nice even though I felt like I was really imposing on him. I am glad to have DV as a resource now also.

One question I have immediately is about headers. I am fearful of using CR's headers, because I am not sure of the diameter, are they mandrel bent? Coated?. I am debating on just running exhaust straight out the back with 1 5/8 tubing, ahc coated and a cross pipe. I've heard this is ideal for my small block, I am really curious to others opinions of this manuver. Can I fit the exhaust below the frame and out the back? Would this devalue the car? Originally I didn't want to use side pipes because of the blueing of the chrome. Also from reading on this site in the last couple days it appears the side-pipes are suffocating the HP. Has anyone ever seen a snake with now sidepipes? Does anyone sell ahc coated 1 5/8's inch sb chevy headers that would allow the use of the side pipes? Maybe I could give some business to DV or Don here? If I do use the pipes, what can I do to prevent blueing? I don't want dull sidepipes so most coatings are out. Any recommendations.
When I was installing my side pipes I painted the insides of them with high temperature wood stove paint, I sucked the paint through with my shop vac. That was 20 years ago and they still haven't turned blue.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just finished reading through this whole thread and I am wondering what the time line for this is. I was searching the net for info on wiring a few days ago and was directed to Club Cobra. I was really amazed to find this discussion about Classic Roadsters as I am a customer. I bought my Classic 427 from them in 1990. As I remember, there was a bit of a problem getting parts as required but all in all I did get everything eventually. Are any of the people I would have dealt with way back then still be involved with the company?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Classic Roadsters is gone and has been for a while. Nobody there but the bank.

Check the dates. The thread that you resurected is over 7 years old.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Sounds similar to that scam artist John Panfil, when he had Anthem motors in AZ, he got shut down a while ago also, I just wish there was a jail cell for him with sherrif Joe.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good grief.... that was a while ago...I searched around for dates on this but not successful, I didn't realise this thread was that old...my apologies. I don't know how I came across it. I'm new on here, since about a week ago.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Thats cool. You added information that might help someone in the future. Thats what this forum in all about.

Take care.