3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-08-2003, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Can anyone tell me if a MSO is needed or is there a way around it. I purchased my kit in stages and have not paid for nor received Phase III. I have been told by both Pete and Tammy that I will not get the MSO until complete kit is purchased. I owe around $1200.00 for Phase III. I will not give them any more of my money. I had to go to Don for wiring harnesses on backorder for over 6 months. I'm with you guys what ever is decided.

Kirk
Old 04-08-2003, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Kirk,
You Sir need to contact the AG immediately! You will need an MSO. No, they will not issue it until the kit is paid in full. Kind of like having you over the barrell.

I can't be more serious people. It is time for you to protect yourselfs.

Here is the link: http://www.ag.state.nd.us/cpat/cpat.html

DV...Damn, this should never have happened again!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, the games on again!

Don
Old 04-09-2003, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters; 351w, Crane Cam, AFR 185's
Not Ranked     

Way to go Don!!

Keep the faith, we're pullin' for ya!!

Dwain
Old 04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster,351w 405HP
Not Ranked     

Got a letter from Chris Schroeder today.He is with the Attorney General office of North Dakota.He is assigned to review/mediate the complaint with IMAR/CR. He wants to hear from all the other customers that are having problems. NOW IS THE TIME TO BE HEARD! DO IT NOW.
Strange,I also got a call today at work, from Tom Eide,CEO of IMAR. He says that he will try to ship some parts and look into why I haven't received the MSO papers. He did say that he was still negotiating to sell.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In the infamous words of Admiral Yamamoto, "there is no last word in diplomacy."

Don and I both thought that this would have been successfully completed weeks ago, thus the open comments. Unfortunately as most of you know, our hopes of putting this world class Cobra back on the right track appeared to fail.

Diplomacy, AKA negotiations are still, shall we say open. But, I still advise you to contact the AG's office if you have BO'd parts that you paid for and are over 30 days old!

Unless there is substantiated news, good, bad or ugly, Don nor I will probably not post on this event again until it is over.

Hopefully it is over soon, and to the benefit of all.

DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 04-10-2003 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-10-2003, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

The absolute best luck to the both of you ... but remember, it's only a car, albeit a darn good one. I'd rather see the death of the CR Cobra than to see either one of you hung out to dry.

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-11-2003, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: in the search, engine 351 Windsor
Send a message via ICQ to Ken Greene
Not Ranked     

Yup a death is ok as long as you guys make a Cobra. If It has to be from scratch then so be it!!!
/me crosses fingers and toes and all else that he can cross
Old 04-15-2003, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To All: Tom Eide and I have reached a verbal agreement at this point. We are working on the repayment schedule and a few legal points. Once we reach agreement on a few small items then we will proceed to the definitive agreements. We are trying to get this done as quickly as possible so I can start ordering parts to fulfill backorders. Tom is also working with the inventory they have to ship whatever is available. This has been drawing out longer than anticipated but it has to be done right so I can have the capital to make the new company get back on its feet and have a good saleable, complete product to ship. Please bear with me until this is final. We will have an excellent product with the help of DV and Jay. The days of backorders 3 pages long will be gone and we can all be proud to say we own a Classic!
Don
Old 04-15-2003, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keepin' my fingers crossed!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-15-2003, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
You have the support of everyone! You have earned this support due to one simple premise: Dealing fairly with your customers. You are an example 'others' could learn a lesson from.
You will be successful!
All the best,
Charlie Robbins
Old 04-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

You are getting parts and a phone call!!!

Big flippin' surprise....

that damn squeeky wheel...

where is that stinkin' link....

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 04-25-2003, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had asked all that were owed parts to join me in making formal complaints. This was the only avenue open to me;after all the B>>S>> with CR! I have at least two other options available to me. Hopefully it won't be necessary to use the other options. I hope that the Attorney General office will end this nightmare.
I do not consider myself a squeeky wheel;however I'm definately not a pacifist. All need to speak out.
My hope is that Don is the next owner.
CJ Robbins

Last edited by starwolf56; 04-25-2003 at 09:53 AM..
Old 04-25-2003, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Yeah well, since I wrote to The AG I haven't had one part sent to me. I know the side pipes are in but I haven't seen them yet.
Two weeks ago Pete promised windshield garnish and steering wheel with horn adapter. I haven't had a part shipped in 5 weeks!!! I guess I should write this summers cruises off. I can't understand a company that just ignores it's cutomers. I guess they have my money and that's all that is important to them.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just talked to Pete and he shipped sidepipes today for Art Burtt, Bill Huene, and David Deel. He also sent Charlie Robbins sidepipes this week. The remaining few sets will go out next week. He also sent a steering wheel and adapter to Art.

We are still working on the deal to purchase the company. It's getting closer. Hopefully next week will be the answer one way or another. However I am confident!
Don
Old 04-25-2003, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have checked the tracking number and parts are on the way,due for delivery 4-29. Pete at CR/IMAR seems to be getting the authority to clean up some of the back orders. I remain hopeful..... I'm told that the interior and the convertable top are being made.

Don, do you know anything about wiring harnesses?
Old 04-25-2003, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have wiring harnesses on order from the same company that Classic uses. The owner hasn't been real honest with me, keeps giving me shipping dates,etc. So far nothing. When I do get some of them I will ship.
Don
Old 04-26-2003, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don and DV,
I am in the same boat as BROSE, I purchased a CR phase 1, a few years ago after doing much research. I called the North Dakota Attorney Generals office before making my choice. They mentioned how the company had gotten into not delivering as promised (I think a former owner of CMC of Florida purchased them?). Anyway he told me the current owners had no complaints on file against them. My wife and I don't have a lot of money, so I have been slowly building the motor and rolling chasis. Every Christmas and Birthday gift since has been something for this cobra. Anyway I am now concerned I may never get to fulfil that dream. I pray you guys get the company. I remember meeting Lon Johnston and Donny Vancleave when I went up and toured the plant. I also remember making them inventory everything before I left(still wasn' completely trusting).

I should have been suspicious when the new ownership called me after purchasing the company and demanding I purchase the rest of my kit immediately. I told them I purchased the kit as a hobby, and I would not take on a large debt load to make him happy. We got into a huge argument and I haven't heard from them since. Then today when inquiring about a cobra rally in Omaha, a fellow Cobra owner mentioned the plight of CR. I really hope you guys get the company. I really don't know what I can do if anything. Any chance I could be the 1st customer of CRII?
What would you do in my shoes?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hawk,

What CR parts do you have? If you've got a frame and body then you've got what I started with, although I paid for a complete kit and a great number of options (the old owners of CR stole over $10k from me).

Everything (other than the frame and body) can be sourced from other vendors. Don and DV are great folks to buy parts from, FinishLine is a great one too.

It took me 10 years to finish my CR (see my web site) and although it ended up costing me a LOT more than I expected, it's a great Cobra replica!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-27-2003, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobra Hawk,

Welcome Sir to the greatest family on earth! I assure you Don and I are working a LOT of overtime putting this purchase together. Don has put in the largest investment at this point by far. The good Lord willing and Don is successfull, then the real work begins. Don and I both know very well what this Cobra needs in regards to building a much better car. You did chose wisely for your kit.

At any rate, assuming [it] goes through, Don will be busier than ever! Geting the right parts from the right suppliers, engineering facets of the entire car that we have been doing for years as independants. The end results are that I and my partner will be responsible for for all distribution. building, etc.

The biggest headache in all of this is getting all of your back ordered parts to you. Don and I were both absolutely adament about this. (Since you are new here, Don and I were both stung back in '91 when CR's took their first Dive. We KNOW what it is like and have both vowed that this will never happen again! The agreement with the current CR's is that you WILL get all your back ordered parts or at least be able to purchase the parts you need to finish your car!

DV...it will be done!