21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2003, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Question Doug Harraty

I want to know what happened to that Doug fellow, who made his single accusatory post the same day he registered. That was some 3 days after this thread was started.

It is amazing... just how effective Google is. I suppose we have now moved to a new level of membership recruitment at CC.

My best hopes and wishes to Mr. Wintz and all of the others who appear to have been taken to the Cobra Car Wash.

Regrets,

Zderf
Old 08-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Google,,,,,,it boggles the mind. How do they do that, and SO fast!

Ernie
Old 08-27-2003, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Zderf,

Not sure what happened to the guy who posted the first response. This Doug Harraty pretty well defended his good fried Kent and his company KHP. He also was the guy who fixed the supposed delivery truck and worked on his new truck. He also made some pretty serious accusations to me or about me and all of the supposed lies I was posting about his friend.

My though is that it was Kent himself. I was told he was out of town that week-end at his sisters who has a computer. He may have been putting in names trying to get info and phone numbers on some of is customers that he lost in the raid. I was told he was try to call as many previous customers as he could giving them the story that it was a messed up drug related raid and the police have everything tied up. This was his recent excuse for the delays on deliveries and builds. So if he would have punched in my name and searched I am sure this forum comes up as well. It looks like an attempt to clear his name and down play my post. I have not seen or heard from this guy since. If he was real and his statements were true I would have thought he would have posted again defending his friend and posting the facts from their standpoint.

Jim
Old 08-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Jim W. and all

Thanks for the clarification. Not that you had to and all, but I appreciate it.

I am now realizing that after getting all caught up with tech stuff I am back to being old school already with tech stuff.

Good luck getting your money back.

Jamie W.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry engine scam

Hi guys,
I officially became another victim yesterday, 8/26/03. May 28th I mailed a bank check to Kent Helseth Performance and never heard a thing from him after that. The motor was supposed to be delivered in August. Two weeks ago I started calling but never reached him. I took a few hours of searching, but I eventually talked to the Mayor of Meservey, IA. She informed me he had been arrested and told me to call the Chief Deputy. He is the one directing people to this site. He also told me that "DOUG" was actually Kent. I live in upstate NY, and have to admit I swallowed his bait hook line and sinker. As did other people that I had talk to him in an effort to check his credibility and knowledge. According to the Chief Dep., the scam was nation wide.

Since so many of us have been taken for a ride, has anyone started a class action suit. My lawyer tells me this is probably the only chance I'd have of getting any of my money back. I lost approx. 3 grand and my lawyer says if I went it alone, legal fees would likely out weigh the return. Does anyone have any info. I would love to discuss this over the phone or through email with anyone. I'm new to the site and don't know if I have my preferences set right. I don't think you have access to my email. If not, post something on the board and I will try to correct the situation.

I like the web site, but don't know how well I'll fit in. I love cobras but don't own one. The motor was for a 69 mustang fastback. It ran strong till I blew it. I didn't feel to bad about it though. It needed a rebuild. I saw the add for the 358/380 hp at $1800 and said that's for me. By the time I was done, I got the complete motor, dyno'd, computerized break in, ready to drop in. The only thing that got dyno'd and broke into was my wallet. Ouch!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing from people. This guy needs to pay some sort of reparation.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question Making lemonade,,,with lemons!

Well the good news is we seem to be picking up some new members. Ha ha,,,OK, it's a mean way to find the Club, but Welcome Aboard you guys!

Now about that Mustang, a Cobra would look great parked right next to it.

Ernie
Old 08-28-2003, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry to here you are included in this group of victums 69Mustang. You are correct, the Chief Deputy is also directing people to this site as well. Once I informed him what I had posted and where, especially after receiving the first response from the supposed Doug Harraty I believe the Chief Deputy started monitoring this site for information, and additional victims as well as directing others here for a place to go to look for help and information.

I spoke with a lawyer in Iowa since anything we do has to be file from there, and was told the samething going one on one will either cost almost everything I may be hoping to gain. I agree that getting a large group of us and then retaining one lawyer we may stand a better chance with a class action suit. The other issue is that if the Sheriffs Dept. does not find any large amount of cash or items with a lot of value, not sure what a law suit might gain. If he ain't got anything we can't get anything, so I was waiting to see what the Sheriffs Dept. investigation turned up before proceeding. I think that is how he has gotten away with this. Thousands of poeple over the years lost their money because they were from out of state and it would cost them more to try and do something about it. Well this time we are not a bunch of individuals trying to stand on our own, we are a group and we will have more support, power, and backing to do something. Something has to happen this has gone on for too long.

Again another day, another victum found.

69Mustang, I will try to e-mail you directly if it doesn't work please post again or e-mail me through this site. I will be glad to talk with you over the phone.

Jim
Old 08-28-2003, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Contact the tax assessor in the town (or the county) and find out if he owns the property. If he owns it get someone to check mortgages at the county to see how much equity is in the property (sometimes you can just call the records room at the courthouse.)

I did check liens in Iowa and there are none in the name of Kent Helseth.

If you can't find any assets you may be spinning your wheels. Nothing wrong in obtaining a judgment against him. It will stay on the books for decades but it is only good if he aquires assets.

Roscoe
Old 08-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would take Roscoe's advise now and check into any property he may own and if you do not get any money back (and sorry but I do not think your chances are good),take out a judgement against him and/or lein on any property he may own.....

Years ago a buddy was rear ended by a drunk in a borrowed car with no insurance,he took out a judgement against the guy for his damages ($4,000.00) and about ten years later got his money when the guy was in a wreck and collected some money for his injuries.... After they paid out on all the outstanding judgements against him,he did not have enough money to cover his medical bills....

You never know when someone may inherit something or if he has any property,when sold the judgements come first....

David
Old 08-28-2003, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rocoe / David,

Thanks for the advice, it makes sense, might not make us any money but it makes sense.

Jim
Old 08-28-2003, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W
Not Ranked     

Call Dragboy at (218) 372-4269 in Sturgeon Lake, MN 55783 and ask for Kent. Most likely he go back to where he has friends and maybe even relatives.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You should check property in MN also. You may have to bring an action there too.

Roscoe
Old 08-28-2003, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default more info

In the course of trying to hunt this guy down, I contacted the Cerro Gordo County General Assistant's office. I don't remember if it was her or another person in the County Office that told me, but, I found out he is listed as the the owner "By contract" of parcels at 311, 509, & 511 First St. I also have the tax map parcel #'s. I'm not sure what "By contract", but his name shows up on the tax maps. That's got to be good for something.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's a good start. Next someone has to see if there are deed filed at the county and then check to see if there are any incumberances (mortgages, etc) on the deed. If not then get ahold of the tax assessor and find out what the property is assessed for. Are there structures on them? Contact a realtor in the area to find out the value.

Roscoe
Old 09-02-2003, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Folks,

Just a quick update. There was mention in an earlier post that the Mayor of Meservey stated that Kent was arrested. I spoke with the Chief Deputy this morning and verified that an arrest has NOT been made yet. Just wanted to clarify this point. Well, at least we got though this long week end with out any new post from anyone who got caught up in this. Thats a good thing.

P.S. I hope to have my new engine from the Engine Factory in the next couple of weeks. He may have slowed me down but he isn't going to stop me from finishing my Cobra dream!

Jim
Old 09-02-2003, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Scam Update

Jim, First of all my Brother and I would like to Thank You for all that your doing to keep everyone advised of what is going on. If it wasnt for you and this Site we probably wouldnt know of Scam. I contacted the Akron Beacon Journal last week about maybe running an Article to let people about Scam. The mans name is Dave Scott. He may call you as he wanted your number. I hope you dont mind. But how many guys are still out there without access to a computer that maybe still dont know of Scam. Again Thank You for all your doing and I like your Attitude to not let KHP slow ya down. My Brother picked up another Motor this Morning. FRED
Old 09-02-2003, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred,

Great, glad to hear that your bother has gotten another engine. I will try to keep this forum updated with any events that develop or I am made aware of. I saw that there was over 3,000 views of this forum, well thats 3,000 people who now know about this situation. Let your brother know he can call he anytime, and I will continue to try and keep this forum updated the best that I can.

Jim
Old 09-03-2003, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jlharrity,

Sorry to hear that you are caught up in this too.
My name is Jim Wintz and I started the first post on the engine builder scam in this consumer watch forum. If you would, when you post any information could you please post it on the other thread. That way there is one thread with all of the information on it.
You can also e-mail me directly through this forum, I would like to talk with you and hear your story as well as exchange information. There may also be some additional information on the original thread I started if you have a few minutes to read through it and post any responses or related information to your situation.

Again sorry to here that you were caught up in this with the rest of us. Looking forward to hearing from you via e-mail or phone if you would like me to call.

Sincerely: Jim
Old 09-03-2003, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there was another thread started titled "engine scam". The individual log on name is listed as "jlharrity". Notice or recall the last name from the second post defending Kent and KHP. That post was by a "Doug Harraty". Shortly after this suposed Doug Harraty posted his response I spoke with the Chief Deputy and we both felt it was Kent that left the post as Doug Harraty. Then a day or so later the Chief Deputy gets a voice mail from a gentleman trying to contact him with the last name of Harrity. Our thoughts at that time was that this was another victum and Kent used his last name when he made the post. This is not a surprise since he has been using several other individuals names as well. If you read this other thread it appears that this gentleman thinks the same thing.

I had responded to the other post asking jlharrity to respond and join in on this thread. That way all related information that can be posted on relating to this situation is on the same thread. So, again another victum has come forward on this forum, what a great communication and information tool. I am sad to hear of yet another individual has fallen prey to KHP, but I welcome jlharrity to join in and post any related information about his story or situation that he can.

Jim
Old 09-03-2003, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just remember that Kent/Harity, etc is reading these posts also.

Roscoe