Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

All's fair....

We get on this forum and reccommend people who we've had good experiences with or supply a great service or product... I guess it can go the other way also...
It's sharing info one way or the other...

I personally have moved the engine builder off my short list for a future rebuild..
Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Posting by law enforecment here would be very tricky. It could easily be taken wrong and have a negative impact on the investigation.

,,,,just standing up for the "newbies" and giving them the beneift of the doubt. It will all come clear in due time.

Ernie
Old 09-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Ernie, et al..

PLEASE take the crosstalk to a different thread.

Consumer Watch forum posts should very much stay on topic, without editorializing or speculation.

Thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 09-08-2003, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Ernie,

Thanks for the reply and your support. I can't tell you how much it means to me and the others caught up in this mess. I know this thread as turned from the standard Cobra focus, but I was familiar with Club Cobra as I have read it for years looking for info before I bought my Cobra kit and it seemed like a great place to reach a bunch of great car guys who could help spread the worrd to others. Granted, I have only talked with three people who have dealt with this company that were actually Club Cobra mambers prior, but through the wonders of the internet this is getting out to anyone who is looking for help or information that are in the same boat as I. Thansk again for your comments and support.

Woodz, not sure what I can tell you that will help you understand or believe the information posted. All I can give is the specific information as it relates to me and from others I have talked with or that have posted. I understand what you are saying and why, but I assure you this is not a good guy who ran late and possibly T'd off some customers. Let me know if there is any quesion you have that I might be able to answer that would help you to better understand. I can go over the stories and lies I was told, and the facts as well as what has been discovered to date.

I expect things to start to happen in the next few weeks. I hope to get a call that there was an arrest made and when the trial is scheduled. As soon as I can I will update the thread with any and all facts and information that I can.

To end on a good note for a change. I got an e-mail from Christian at The Engine Factory, they expect to be shipping my engine and tranny set-up in the next day or two and I should see it later this week or early next. What a great bunch of guys.

Jim
Old 09-08-2003, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk

Remind me to never sell you a car.
Someone has to stick up for the car salesman.
You mean people.

TURK
"Some of my best friends are car salesmen" I just don't want them dating my daughters...
The lesson here is not to smart off when your chair is leaning back and you're off balance...

al
Old 09-09-2003, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just got off of the phone.

Well, another day and yet another victum comes forward.

This gentleman ordered his engine, this time for a Cobra he is building. He ordered it late last year and again received nothing more then excuse after excuse as to where it was and why he didn't receive it. We only talked breifly this morning, we will be talking in more detail this later evening. I will either post more details of his situation if it is any different or I will ask him to log on and post his story.

This forum has been a wonderful tool for getting these people some information and someone they can contact on this deal. I thank everyone at Club Cobra for providing this tool and allowing it to be used for these types of situations, it has been a great help.

I will post more info after we talk this evening.

Jim
Old 09-12-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack J., just got your message. I will call you today. I e-maild you back but wanted to post as well in case you are watching the post.

David K., I never heard back from you, so I will try to call you again as well and make sure you have my correct numbers. You stated that you wanted to talk more the other day when your cell phone was dying.

Well not a whole lot of new news, Jack J. e-mailed me stating that he has been added to our list. However, he must have been working with them for a little while as he posted them as Dragboy which goes back to the name of the facility over a year ago.

I will post any new information that I come across.

P.S. 69mustang can you e-mail me directly, you made several mentions of getting a class action suit started for everyone to help share the cost, and you were getting some information on Kent together. I would like to talk with you on a plan as I have talked with a lawyer from Meservey. I tried to e-mail you though the club but had no luck.

Jim
Old 09-15-2003, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I spoke with the Chief Deputy and it looks like the amount on new people being discovered has slowed, however he did talk with 6 new people last week. He also mentioned that they had gotten into the companies answering maching and the recordings left by customers. They are comparing the people who had left messages with the list of people they have already contacted. We feel there will be a few others added after this excerise. No other major news at this time. They are putting together their case to present later this week, so I hope to have some new news then.

I did speak with Jack J. he has been working on getting his engine for awhile now. Pretty much the same stories just slightly different. Maybe when this is all done and over, I could get a copy of all of the records and stories ect.. and write a book about how to buy an engine that you will never get. Maybe I could make enough to get my money back.

69mustang still hoping to hear from you.

Jim
Old 09-16-2003, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well I spoke a little too soon.

Got another e-mail from another victum, That had ordered an engine and tranny for an Iroc Camaro back in Febuary of 2002, yes that is 2002. They stated that the excuses started at the time the engine and tranny was suppose to be done. As of Aug. 2003, 18 months later thay are still waiting. That is up until the time the Chief Deputy called them last night and gave them the bad news and directed them to this forum. This forum continues to provide assistance to several individuals looking for help and answers. Thanks again Club Cobra.

Jim
Old 09-17-2003, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi guys,
Just thought I would let you know that I am the victim that ordered an engine and tranny for my husbands IROC. I thought this was a great birthday gift, you know trying to be the good wife. We checked all the typical references that a person should check before purchasing an item sight unseen. My husband spoke to the owner of Dragboy and the "engine builder" to give all the information that he thought they would need to know in order to build the engine just how he wanted it. We ordered in Feb. 2002, the engine and tranny was to be in our garage no later than July 2002 this was told to us by the "owner". When July came along I phoned for a date that we could set up for a delevery, this is when all of the stories began. You name it, we heard it. And every time we asked for a location where we could meet up with them to get our engine there was another GOOD story why this could not happen. I did everything I could think of to get my husbands engine...including beg. But there was always a story, and everyone of them seemed so real that I even felt sorry for Kent, at times thinking that it must be horrible to have so many things go wrong in your life. In Aug. 2003 we thought it was really going to happen, we were going to finally get our product! WRONG. On Aug 5th, I talked to Kent (we thought this guys name was Junior) and he told me that he was very close by and we would see him that coming weekend. On Aug 7th, I called to verify times, location and etc, only to find out the cell-phones were no longer working, and no one was in the office to answer the phone and I did not even get the annoying machine that always told us to push *1, *2,*3,or*4........Well determined and I guess a little stupid, I talked my husband into driving to the area in which Kent said he was at and I thought that we would be able to catch up with him get my husbands engine...etc, etc, (I still was beleiving that this was only another problem that this guy had ran into and he was still trying to get an engine to us) After looking for him on two different days, my husband than said "I bet you we have been taken" As if we both didnt already know it in our heads, it was just our hearts that continued to believe the stories. We have now heard from the authorities allowing us to know the truth...we were scamed, no more second guessing. But I am glad to report this did not stop me from trying to win the wife of the year award, we just received a new tranny for my husbands IROC, and a new (and better) engine will be here within the month, no doubts this time! Anyone who has been a victim of Dragboy or KHP, I feel for you, this guy was a pro!

Thanks for listening~
S.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed,408W,Tremec 600 roadrace, Liquid Yellow w/Black stripes
Not Ranked     

Hi guys I had a similar experance in 1979-80. I bought a big block chev 434 cid from a private seller,short story the exhaust valve guides wern't sealed correctly-coolant in the oil/chocolate milkshake!He said he'd take care of the problem,pulled the motor for repairs.The next week I tried to call him, # disconnected,went by his house he moved!This son-of a b@tch took me At the good old age of 15!His name,I wont ever forget it is/was ED MALOUFF! I hear,back then he moved to Texas.I'd like to get my hands and fists on him! I can only hope karma has come around to his house and family!With a vengence!Seems like someone is always there to take advantage of us hard working honest folks.Thanks for listening.
PS. I do belive in the force!May it be with you, my cobra brothers and sisters.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

S Dwyer,,,,,you sound like a great wife to me!!! In this case it's the thought that counts, and that was sweet trying to get hubby set up with a good motor tranny!

ANYBODY can be a victim, don't have nothing to do with being "smart" or "dumb". We can ALL be scammed on any given day by the right con man! I still CHOOSE to trust my fellow man, I don't WANT to live a life of paranoia. But,,,,,,,,I am more careful these days, heck I KNOW I'm an "easy mark"! LOL

Ernie
Old 09-18-2003, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

S Dwyer,

It was a pleasure talking with you the other day, I only wish I could have met you and some of the other individuals under a better situation. I am glad you and your husband are not letting this guy stop your dreams. I think that is the worst thing this guy has done. Not only has he taken everyones money but he has taken their dreams away in some cases. In your case a birthday present to your husband, in another, a father and son were restoring an old truck of thier dads that had been in the family. They sent the original engine from the truck to Kent to be rebuilt. Since this time the father has passed away and all the son wants is to get their engine back to complete the truck he and his dad were working on. It was his dads dream, now all he wants is to finish it. Some of the stories are so sad. Worst off all he has taken and betrayed a trust, and that takes a little time to build back. But have faith, most people are good and trust worthy.

On a great note, as of this afternoon I have an engine and tranny setting in my garage. The Engine Factory delivered it as promised and not only on time but slightly early. I have not gotten to open it yet but just knowing it is there is a great feeling. These guys were great to work with and I would recommend them to any one.

Jim
Old 09-18-2003, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Glad to hear that you are on your way back to some fun....Hope things work out this good for all of us! I know my husband is on count down, his new engine will get here soon, and it will be a blessing to see him actually look foward to going to the garage!

SDwyer

P.S.- Excaliber if you read this, Thanks for the kind words!
Old 09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, by the way this is SDwyers hubby, I found out today that I guy I work with, has a friend that used KHP/Dragboy and he ordered an engine as well but he sent parts to him. Parts like alum. oil pan, Edelbrock intake and still in the box Roush heads
Old 09-19-2003, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe this is some of the stuff that was connfiscated by the Sheriffs Dept. during the search and seizer, I think they ended up with about 3 truck loads of parts and stuff. This is the third person I have heard of that had sent him parts to build their engine. Well I hope to talk with the Deputy later this morning if there is any new news I will post it if I can.

Hey, hubby, sounds like you got a pretty good wife their, that was quite a birthday present, it;s a shame it didn't work out they you guys planned. But as they say it's the thought, but it sounds like you are also getting everything squared away and getting ready to be getting back to racing.

Good Luck.
Jim
Old 10-02-2003, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well no real update to post, I was contacted by yet another gentleman who had fallen victum to this situation, again, thanks to this forum and what it offers.

Anybody have any ideas on how to turbo charge or surper charge the legal system? It needs about 500 hp and 500 lbs of torque to get it moving. I guess everything has to be perfect and all i's dotted and t's crossed. Whatever happened to swift justice? Oh well, I waited over 7 months for an engine I will never get, I guess I can wait a little longer for justice to be served.

I will update as soon as I hear anything.

Jim
Old 10-10-2003, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I've been away too long...

For what it is worth, Jim Wintz bought my unfinished kit after numerous exchanges of photos, faxes and emails; I believe Jim when he says he researched this supplier. It is my personal observation in dealing with Jim that his intentions here are unselfish and not at all self-serving. Though I have nothing to add about the situation at hand, I do want to say that I am not surprised at all at Jim's efforts, patience and perseverance here.

If any one feels it helpful to contact me about my support of Jim please don't hesitate to so at leo@cescs.com.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leo,

Great to here from you. Thanks for the words and thoughts of support. If everyone was as honest and great to work with as you were the world would be a better place for all of us.

Well the Cobra's coming along slow but it is coming along. I will e-mail you and give you an update.

No major changes or updates on the situation, still waiting on the wheels of justice to start turning.

Jim
Old 10-22-2003, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stories sound awful familiar - they got me too - still no refund - no engine. Jim any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Scott