Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
I'm scheduled to go up to Hartford mid-July and plan to stop at ERA while I'm there. If your cars are still there I get some pictures.
Thanks Warren, that would be greatly appreciated!

Ray
Old 06-13-2009, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jeffy, Your 289 sounds amazing, and looks just as good. you're living my deam!
Just a thought on paint repair, and such. Would it be more likely to be touching up stone chips than to be doing some more major stuff? I don't know if one type of paint is easier for that type of repair or not. Color probably has more to do with it than anything, but then again technology has come a long way, and even reds don't fade like they used to.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppster View Post
Jeffy, Your 289 sounds amazing, and looks just as good. you're living my deam!
Just a thought on paint repair, and such. Would it be more likely to be touching up stone chips than to be doing some more major stuff? I don't know if one type of paint is easier for that type of repair or not. Color probably has more to do with it than anything, but then again technology has come a long way, and even reds don't fade like they used to.
Thanks! I'm getting it done in Ford royal blue two-stage, just like Jim Holden's FIA: every time I looked at a picture of Jim's car, I thought "boy, that looks good!". Also, the family liked it better than red.

With any luck, Tony will start painting this week.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bulgaria
Send a message via ICQ to MoonRunX
Not Ranked     
Default Last Page

you can see all the pages a visitor looks at when browsing the visitors and clicking the look for the last page and thats the last page they browsed, is that what you mean?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRunX View Post
you can see all the pages a visitor looks at when browsing the visitors and clicking the look for the last page and thats the last page they browsed, is that what you mean?

Kenneth, what is the frequency??
Old 06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I thought it was just me that was being assulted. Dan won't sleep well after hearing this.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For anyone interested in taking over this project, I have posted an ad in the For Sale folder. See:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=2283&cat=2
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
For anyone interested in taking over this project, I have posted an ad in the For Sale folder. See:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=2283&cat=2
May we ask what happened?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 289 FIA #2112
Not Ranked     

I am sorry to hear that you are putting it up for sale.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Jeff - definitely advertise it on the Cobra Country site. Take good quality photos of the car, interion aluminum panels, the motor. What about the rear end? Did you opt for the custom rear end? If so has it been built? Cobra Country moves cobra replicas - I sold my previous cobra there and it was a very good all around experience. The site moderator (Curtt Scott) is a great help on photos as well - tips. Good luck, sorry you're not going through with the project.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
May we ask what happened?
Nothing worth getting into, but want to see what interest exists before it is painted.

Jeff
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nothing worth getting into, but want to see what interest exists before it is painted.

Jeff
Enlist the aid of Peter P. Your best shot is someone who has contacted Peter, has yet to order an ERA car, and is looking to shorten the time frame and perhaps cut a little bit off the price. Remember, everybody that wants an ERA car does not always frequent this forum, or Cobra Country for that matter.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick's suggestion is a good one. If someone is looking for an FIA car, what is better than one ready for paint!! If Peter can pass someone on to you, you should be able to stay "whole" on the car, the motor would be the issue - as not everyone wants Webers (cool yes, but not everyone feels they can deal with the carb tuning). Good Luck!!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just an update: I have decided to go ahead and complete the build! Tony is ready to start spraying any day. I'm back in the red camp again, having selected an original AC color we found called Rosso Chiaro, which means "light red" in Italian. It is a very bright red and should be eye-catching. No gumballs or nose stripe, but a thick white "hash" stripe on each front fender, running from the hood's edge to the wheel arch, to break things up. Going with satin-finish black painted FIA wheels (including the rims) for a "broody look" (as Peter P. described it), with polished hubs and spinners. Getting excited about seeing this beast in the flesh!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Just an update: I have decided to go ahead and complete the build! Tony is ready to start spraying any day. I'm back in the red camp again, having selected an original AC color we found called Rosso Chiaro, which means "light red" in Italian. It is a very bright red and should be eye-catching. No gumballs or nose stripe, but a thick white "hash" stripe on each front fender, running from the hood's edge to the wheel arch, to break things up. Going with satin-finish black painted FIA wheels (including the rims) for a "broody look" (as Peter P. described it), with polished hubs and spinners. Getting excited about seeing this beast in the flesh!
Very good. I think you're doing the right thing.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Jeffy:

Glad you've decided to go forward with your build. Your concept sounds very interesting and I'm sure will be a great addition to some wonderful ERA cars already out there.

Take it from one who has been doing this for over twenty five years; there are always unanticipated curves in the road, but it makes for a far more interesting ride. A straight road is boring as hell.

I look forward to seeing the car!

Jim
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeff - congratulations my man!!! You will look back at this build for a long time as something that you really wanted to do AND DID. Can't wait to see your finished car, should look fantastic, especially with the annointed one's "purist" advice.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Glad to see you've decided to complete the build. You have certainly invested a great deal of time and thought into your build and would have been disappointing (to me) to see someone else finish it.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 289 FIA #2112
Not Ranked     

Sounds like its going to be a nice looking car. Glad things worked out for you
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks all: your encouragement is very much appreciated. I will keep you posted!

Jeff