14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny View Post
That is a lovely car! Must make for a wild ride!
Thanks, it is insanely quick, and puts the power to the ground really nicely - although if I plant the accelerator in any gear from 1-3 at any stage after 4400rpm it will start to wheel spin... My tuner wants to push the boost up to 10psi to hit the 500RWKW mark, but I won't let him as it is pushing so much power and massive torque figures now with a 5.0L engine, I love it
I am currently in the process of scratch building another GT40 of my own chassis design, if anyone is interested in seeing this come together I could start a separate thread I guess?
Here the silver GT40 with her sister that is up for sale.
Cheers
Wil
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 07-31-2016, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Ya, I've looked around. And the one I'm chiding is the only one here who has to push their car. Oh, and the only here who spent $50,000 on painting their car a base house trim color and on a 302/4bbl. Geez, what's the point other than to throw good money after bad?
Since you prefer the bubblegum colors maybe this one is for you. A bit outside your budget I suspect but who knows. You and Bernie could sell those bucket of bolts you have and pool your money. I do suggest you take some driving lessons given the incidents above where your right foot got ahead of your driving skills.

1965 Superformance GT40 For Sale $259,000 - 1453416

Last edited by MHNCO; 07-31-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Old 07-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
Since you prefer the bubblegum colors maybe this one is for you. A bit outside your budget I suspect but who knows. You and Bernie could sell those bucket of bolts you have and pool your money. I do suggest you take some driving lessons given the incidents above where your right foot got ahead of your driving skills.

1965 Superformance GT40 For Sale $259,000 - 1453416
$259,000? For a replica? DuPont Registry?

Or you can buy the red GT40 on CobraCountry asking $133,500. I'd rather have a real factory production car. Better in every way for $260,000. Porsche. There is no substitute.

I love the "details," "8 cylinder engine."

Not my favorite color, but at least it's a color.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader

I would love to continue this banter and watch the chiding, but I will be off line for a few weeks. Taking the family on vacation. Going to try to connect with BUZZ while there.
So, continue on gentlemen. I will check in when I can.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
$259,000? For a replica?
Rod, I'll just say this. You're not the first who has tried to poopoo my car. The list is long and undistinguished. I do feel bad for some but the fact remains however unsavory it is for some, it does not matter if you're driving a chrome Cobra or a Heritage Ford GT, or for that matter a brand new V6 powered half million dollar rolling eco-boost commercial. When my kit car, replica, fake, whatever you want to call it, GT40 pulls in the same lot as whatever you have brought, the disappointment is going to powerful and long lasting. There are people in this thread with first hand knowledge whether they will admit it or not. You will go home with the same feeling you had when you saw your favorite girl Suzy kissing the new boy in 2nd grade. About all that is left to say is I'm sorry...
Old 07-31-2016, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

give it up mikey
Old 07-31-2016, 09:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
When my kit car, replica, fake, whatever.....
Yes, and you can also say it's a reproduction, tribute and copy too made by Superformance, not even remotely the same company as the REAL GT40's were made by in 1960's. But SPF does make a very nice replica. No doubt about it.

As for whether my polished aluminum "Kirkum" with a 482ci BBF would get more or less attention, I'd rather focus on which of us, personally, would get more attention, and who's got more or less body fat. Since you did say we're all fat here many pages ago. I haven't forgotten.

You see, what would be more important in my view, is what can you clean & jerk, snatch, deadlift or squat? Can you do a handstand push-up? Can you climb a rope? I'm going to say, you can't, because you probably spend too much time going "vroom, vroom" inside your SPF since it doesn't move under its own power.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

That must be a SBF owner thing some of them are willing to pay for a used one more than it would cost to build a new one ��
Also I noticed they are always the first one's at cars and coffee shows etc to show off their "Race Car" but very hard to convince to come to the race track
Old 07-31-2016, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Good luck with your sale. I mean that.

Rod, no!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:51 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE

Interesting...
The natter has morphed into a replica GT40 getting more attention at car shows than a "chrome kirkhum".
Old 08-01-2016, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

It's that or listening to Rod natter on for weeks about how much he can clean and jerk. What the heck does that even mean Rod? On second thought, no need to explain.

Maui, SPF dollars for an ERA is going to be a tough sell. I hope you can get it but it may take awhile to locate that buyer.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482

This thread in the beginning was interesting. Now it is not.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPO 963, 351W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
Thanks, it is insanely quick, and puts the power to the ground really nicely - although if I plant the accelerator in any gear from 1-3 at any stage after 4400rpm it will start to wheel spin... My tuner wants to push the boost up to 10psi to hit the 500RWKW mark, but I won't let him as it is pushing so much power and massive torque figures now with a 5.0L engine, I love it
I am currently in the process of scratch building another GT40 of my own chassis design, if anyone is interested in seeing this come together I could start a separate thread I guess?
Here the silver GT40 with her sister that is up for sale.
Cheers
Wil
Well, I for one would love to "watch" you build the scratch-built chassis. Please post a thread, or let me know where to find it privately...where there is no 'clean and jerking' going on. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction

Quote:
Well, I for one would love to "watch" you build the scratch-built chassis. Please post a thread, or let me know where to find it privately...where there is no 'clean and jerking' going on. Thanks!
Yeah, it's easy to loose direction on certain topics - back to basics is the answer I think.. I will set up a GT40 build thread and start with what I have done so far, and hopefully the interest may grow as we go along.
Cheers
Wil

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

This isn't a build thread, but I do enjoy them. I'm still waiting on the next update to Dean's RCR GT40 build:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobr...ld-thread.html
Old 08-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
And beware of the "snatch" or "snatching" too.

BTW, the Olympics start this week, you may even see some "clean & jerking" and some "snatching."

I think Mike (MHNCO) will be busy in his garage going "vroom, vroom."
Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Rod,

Having owned a few toys, I do agree that the gt40s draw more of a crowd than any other car I have had including cobras. (thats really not my thing, but I can understand why some hold that aspect in high regard)

I remember seeing one 30 years ago, and doing a double-take. I didn't know what it was, but it certainly had a magnetic quality. The fact that they are so rare in the public eye is another reason as well. There are not too many exotic cars that have that kind of performance and history all rolled into one for 100-150k…...

Mike has a nice car, and is certainly passionate about the marque. Be nice to all get together one day and have a few beers. Cheers, S
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscott672 View Post
Having owned a few toys, I do agree that the gt40s draw more of a crowd than any other car I have had including cobras. (thats really not my thing, but I can understand why some hold that aspect in high regard)

I remember seeing one 30 years ago, and doing a double-take. I didn't know what it was, but it certainly had a magnetic quality. The fact that they are so rare in the public eye is another reason as well. There are not too many exotic cars that have that kind of performance and history all rolled into one for 100-150k…...

Mike has a nice car, and is certainly passionate about the marque. Be nice to all get together one day and have a few beers. Cheers, S
I appreciate your post, but I never debated whether my replica draws more attention than Mike's replica. I don't care. Only a narcissist would care, which replica gets more attention. As a side note, BTW, there aren't too many polished aluminum "anythings" rolling on 4 wheels out there.

Not only is Mike passionate about his replica, but he seems to enjoy calling all of us fat and also thinks that only $1,000,000 supercars (Carerra GT, 918, etc.) are worthy of parking next to his $100,000-$150,000 kit car. Not even a 2005-2006 Ford GT is worthy of a spot next to his GT40 clone, according to Mike.

I'd actually be WAY more impressed if Mike had a 6 or an 8 pack abdomen than with his tribute car. Or maybe if he could clean & jerk 200+ lbs., run a 5 or even 6 minute mile or the gold standard in my book, a muscleup. That would be impressive!

Spending $150,000 or whatever on a replica, or any car for that matter, just doesn't move me in any way as an adult. I live in the heart of Silicon Valley, not too far away from Tesla, McClaren, Porsche and Ferrari dealerships, so even if cars impressed me today, a SPF GT40 wouldn't make my "needle" move one iota.

Last edited by RodKnock; 08-01-2016 at 10:56 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65

The batmobile replica would take the cake every time at a car show. Even in a sea of Cobras and gt40's. Real or fake. Lol
Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Dax cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
the batmobile replica would take the cake every time at a car show. Even in a sea of cobras and gt40's. Real or fake. Lol
:lol: