Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2016, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post

If you want something that will scare the hell of you on turns
What is scary about a GT40 in turns? Compared to an FGT the GT40 provides much more direct feedback. I've driven them both plenty.

Bernie and this other gentleman I don't expect a peep out of either you since you're both done.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

No nannies. I give up too. Hope the op sorts through the chaffe.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Oy vey, if there is anyone in this thread who has actually driven a GT40 on the edge, I'm all ears. The rest of this is the chaff...

From LMC this weekend

Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
Oy vey, if there is anyone in this thread who has actually driven a GT40 on the edge, I'm all ears. The rest of this is the chaff...

From LMC this weekend
"Driven on edge"? Sitting in a car driving in circles on parade laps isn't "on edge." You want real "on edge"? How about has anyone run a Spartan Race, you know, using you own two arms and two legs to run an obstacle race, with fire, mud, barbed wire, up and down mountains, some real American Ninja Warrior-type stuff, and the unknown, now that's "on edge." That's living! Parade laps in cars? Puh-leeze.

I'd invite you to next weekend's Spartan Race in the Bay Area, but it's sold out.

Last edited by RodKnock; 07-10-2016 at 11:51 PM..
Old 07-10-2016, 11:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine

Perhaps the OP just wants something he can tinker with in his own back yard with simple tools, a couple of mates over a few beers.
They may take a certain perverse pride in building it, learning about it, improving and fixing it, even campaigning it, if that's what they choose.

The computers and complex systems on an exotic like a GT3 may turn some of these types off. Plus, I would cringe if I had to start "modifying" it in anyway. I'd have no such reservations on a GT40 replica like the SPF.

Horses for courses, if you will.

Quote:
PS: Chaff? Are you insinuating your opinion is of a higher integrity, and therefore more valid than anyone else?

The only facts we can be 100% certain on, brings your integrity into question, no-one elses... You're the only gent who declined ones own bet. Just sayin'

Good luck with your project and in life.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
"Driven on edge"? Sitting in a car driving in circles on parade laps isn't "on edge." You want real "on edge"? How about has anyone run a Spartan Race, you know, using you own two arms and two legs to run an obstacle race, with fire, mud, barbed wire, up and down mountains, some real American Ninja Warrior-type stuff, and the unknown, now that's "on edge." That's living! Parade laps in cars? Puh-leeze.

I'd invite you to next weekend's Spartan Race in the Bay Area, but it's sold out.
RK - I did the Spartan race Melbourne 2013. Grab a bunch of mates a go for it. If what I think I know about you is correct - You'll absolutely love it!

It brings back your faith in humanity, most everyone reaches out to help everyone else through. It truly is beautiful.

Last edited by Dimis; 07-11-2016 at 12:04 AM..
Old 07-11-2016, 12:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSDFGT View Post
I think this clown must be the same dude who went by the handle Luke Warmwater, one of the most prolific trolls in recent history on the Ford GT forum. Constantly telling us all how inferior the FGT is compared to his Superformance GT40. Granted, I really dig his GT40. But the only way for the $hitshow to end is to completely ignore him.
Luke Warmwater? That's awesome.

Ya, sure his GT40 replica is really nice, but I just cannot fathom painting it the color of my refrigerator and installing a 302/4bbl like what came installed from the factory in '68 Mustang. Where's the imagination in that?

There's a plethora of engine possibilities today starting with a 331 to 460 cubic inches, maybe more, maybe less. And then there are 100,000,000 colors you can pick in the spectrum for your replica, and you pick white?

If I'm making a bucket list of cars I'd want in my garage, the Ford GT is one of them. The SPF is great car, but it will always be just a replica. Just like my Kirkham. A purchase that requires a special kit car exemption from the CA DMV to be legally driven here on the roads.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
RK - I did the Spartan race Melbourne 2013. Grab a bunch of mates a go for it. If what I think I know about you is correct - You'll absolutely love it!

It brings back your faith in humanity, most everyone reaches out to help everyone else through. It truly is beautiful.
Thanks, but I do 2-3 a year for a few years now. Did you do a Sprint, Super or a Beast?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
PS: Chaff? Are you insinuating your opinion is of a higher integrity, and therefore more valid than anyone else?
"Chaff", that comment from good old Mike, remind of you of anyone? The infamous "separate the wheat from the chaff" comment from Lord Voldemort?
Old 07-11-2016, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker

Quote:
"Chaff", that comment from good old Mike, remind of you of anyone? The infamous "separate the wheat from the chaff" comment from Lord Voldemort?
Oh, to be sure- MHNCO/LukeWarmwater/Mike is definitely to Superformance GT40s as Real One/Evan was to CSX Cobras. Except I enjoyed Evan more.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Yes. I actually have a GT40 imagine that

Quote:
You want real "on edge"? How about has anyone run a Spartan Race, you know, using you own two arms and two legs to run an obstacle race, with fire, mud, barbed wire, up and down mountains, some real American Ninja Warrior-type stuff, and the unknown, now that's "on edge." That's living!
In Colorado it's called the Warrior Dash. I'm not really into the you pull me I pull you it takes a village stuff. I do ride my mountain bike a bit and have put on around 2k miles so far this year.

Another from LMC. How do you get that plate

Old 07-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Yes. I actually have a GT40 imagine that
You're not the only one here that owns one. And Mark IV is a SPF dealer. And anyway, Tony and SFSDFGT own a Ford GT, which isn't a replica, and thus are on a "higher plain."

Quote:
In Colorado it's called the Warrior Dash. I'm not really into the you pull me I pull you it takes a village stuff. I do ride my mountain bike a bit and have put on around 2k miles so far this year.
A Spartan is different, but it takes too much time to explain. Also, when you run in the "Elite" group, there aren't any "helping hands." It's all you baby!

Quote:
Another from LMC. How do you get that plate
Nice and its painted an actual color too.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSDFGT View Post
Oh, to be sure- MHNCO/LukeWarmwater/Mike is definitely to Superformance GT40s as Real One/Evan was to CSX Cobras. Except I enjoyed Evan more.
At least with the CSX, some form of the original company (Shelby American) is making the continuation/replicas. With the SPF, they're being produced in South Africa, by a new-ish company under the license of somebody named Safir.

While both are great replicas, especially the CSX, since they're made by Kirkham , the CSX can connect the ever-fading dots to the 1960's. Evan had that advantage at least.

Also, Real One had one of the greatest engines ever to be installed in any vehicle in his Shelby Cobra. Mike has a 302/4bbl, one of the most reliable, yet, pedestrian, engines of all time. OOH, but it's got a "Lemaze" cam for the "sound" of the 1960's paddock. Oh boy!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Ultimately, if I had the choice of just one car, the choice being between the GT40 replica or the GT3, I'd chose this, and it's an actual color too!
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

Quote:
At least with the CSX, some form of the original company (Shelby American) is making the continuation/replicas. With the SPF, they're being produced in South Africa, by a new-ish company under the license of somebody named Safir.

While both are great replicas, especially the CSX, since they're made by Kirkham , the CSX can connect the ever-fading dots to the 1960's. Evan had that advantage at least.

Also, Real One had one of the greatest engines ever to be installed in any vehicle in his Shelby Cobra. Mike has a 302/4bbl, one of the most reliable, yet, pedestrian, engines of all time. OOH, but it's got a "Lemaze" cam for the "sound" of the 1960's paddock. Oh boy!
Please tell about SAI "making" the cars? And "somebody" named "SAFIR" is the company that holds the rights to the GT40. And that "new-ish" company has been around for 25 years. You do know the current SAI is only a few years old and only became SAI after Venture went bust and the name became available again?

I predict at least three-four more pages of this mental masturbation before all of the participants get tired and go home...................

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 07-11-2016, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I don't know. These old farts seem to have a propensity to argue ad nauseam. I think they all have keyboards bolted on the front of their rockers and could go on forever.

I had a FGT, a bright red one. Fun car no doubt. My SPF GT40 blows it away in terms of visceral enjoyment as well as any oohs and awws competition. It's not even close. A poor little VW GT3 would not even be noticed if parked in the same lot as my SPF. Zzzzzzzzz
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Please tell about SAI "making" the cars? And "somebody" named "SAFIR" is the company that holds the rights to the GT40. And that "new-ish" company has been around for 25 years. You do know the current SAI is only a few years old and only became SAI after Venture went bust and the name became available again?

I predict at least three-four more pages of this mental masturbation before all of the participants get tired and go home...................
Heck, ERA is a new-ish company and its been around for 35 years. Ya, ya, ya. I don't disagree with you, I've argued the same point about SAI with Evan for years, and that's why I said CSX can "connect the ever-fading dots" back to the 1960's.

SPF is a wonderful company that makes a wonderful product. As I said, I almost bought one, I was very close. And Lance has built a great company, but he's not Carroll Shelby either.

Mostly, I'm just here bantering back and forth with the reincarnation of the Real One. The gentleman from Colorado who decided to repaint his GT40 in WHITE? That's a boat load of money to pick a house trim color. And a boat load of money to build an alloy 302/4bbl. Boy, I sure hope that carb is REALLY special.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I think Rod likes the bling

Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
I don't know. These old farts seem to have a propensity to argue ad nauseam. I think they all have keyboards bolted on the front of their rockers and could go on forever.

I had a FGT, a bright red one. Fun car no doubt. My SPF GT40 blows it away in terms of visceral enjoyment as well as any oohs and awws competition. It's not even close. A poor little VW GT3 would not even be noticed if parked in the same lot as my SPF. Zzzzzzzzz
I think the altitude is getting to ya.

Mike is calling us old farts? That's the pot calling the kettle black. Anyone under the age of something around 45-50 could care less about the GT40. No windows? You have to perform Olympic gymnastic movements just to get into the darn thing.

Nope, the younger crowd, like our resident dingleberry, NYC Guy, would gravitate to the GT3. So, it really depends on the age of the crowd in the parking lot. Personally, I'd check out both, but I steer first to the GT3, because it's NOT a replica and the GT3 has a coolness about it.

Even the Real One sold his Shelby Cobra replica and purchased a GT3RS.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Anyone under the age of something around 45-50 could care less about the GT40
Wrong. They might not care less about the Cobra's but rest assured they fall over themselves when a GT40 pulls up. They all know exactly what it is even if they were born 40 years after the fact. The Cobra's to them look like older VWs without a roof. GT3? Yeah, that is cool because their dad has one for his DD grocery getter maybe.