Go Back   Club Cobra > Club GT40 Areas (MKI - MKII - MKIII - MKIV) > GT40 Talk
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ For Sale Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-27-2016, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
That's called an OPINION. And I think most sane people, even those on the ganja, would prefer the FGT. I certainly would, because: 1) the FGT is not a kit car and requires no special laws or exemptions in order to be smogged, registered and legally driven on roads, 2) they were produced in a limited number with only a small percentage still remaining in existence due to accidents, 3) the FGT has windows that roll up and down and are far more comfortable to drive, 4) the FGT is faster, if that swings your pendulum and 5) the FGT has appreciated considerably from their MSRP and will continue to appreciate over the long haul.

IMO, your SPF GT40 is worth less to me, and most in the resale market, because it has a $20,000+ 302/4bbl, which 99.99% would have to pull out and rebuild since no one, but no one, would ever build a 302/4bbl and drop into an SPF GT40.

DE--LU--SION--AL.
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would jump in on this thread being an owner of an RF GT40 here in OZ, I can attest to what MHNCO is saying, as I have been at plenty of car gatherings with some big dollar "Super Cars" including the Ford GT and when I drive my GT40 replica in, almost everyone will stop, stare and come ask questions as soon as the door is opened - it's something I can't explain other than to say that the Iconic status of the GT40 is greater due to the history surrounding the Lemans victories back in the late 60's..
Here's a couple of shots of my Twin Turbo GT40..
Cheers
Wil
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 07-27-2016 at 10:17 PM..
Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Wow TT what engine?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction

It's a Roush 5.0L Windsor - 430RWKW & 810Nm of Torque @ 6PSI boost...
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 07-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
As for me, I can't drive the one I have, and unless a miracle happens, I won't be driving the new one either. My high performance driving days are over and the regular days are numbered.

It's genetic. Both of my daughters have the same problem, and one is really getting worried about hers and she's only 36.
Gee Tony, that's a bombshell to drop. I'm very sorry to hear this bad news about you and your family. We've had our disagreements over the years, but that all pales in comparison to one's health. I wish you and your family good health, the best of luck and always safe passage.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHNCO View Post
Rod, I appreciate you going all Sherlock Holmes on me and sniffing out my videos. I too was able to locate one of you. Unfortunately, it appears as though there was a mishap. What was more humiliating? Failing to impress the masses or picking the curb and grass out of that massive dent in your side pipe? Crunch*%#&^$!
Did you get an opportunity today to push your car around the driveway and go "vroom, vroom"? You got to look on the bright side, you spent $50,000 on a 302/4bbl and repainting your car white. Oh wait, that's the not-so-bright news.

BTW, I'd quickly call and get a refund on those comedy lessons since you seem to never have attended. You're just not funny. At all. Really, I love a good joke, sarcasm and humor, but you're humorless.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Rod, have you looked around and considered who you're chiding? Try to be more respectful in your comments please.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Gee Tony, that's a bombshell to drop. I'm very sorry to hear this bad news about you and your family. We've had our disagreements over the years, but that all pales in comparison to one's health. I wish you and your family good health, the best of luck and always safe passage.

PS. Noone is dying, but our eyes are awful. I'd mentioned this before.

PPS. You want to know the scary thing? My drivers license has no restrictions. The DMV eye test is a farce. There is a difference between driving and driving safely.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 07-28-2016 at 07:24 AM..
Old 07-28-2016, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Dear Tony, I am sorry to inform you that you have not been selected to own the Ford GT. Unfortunately, you are not a member of the Ford GT Forum clique nor do you worship at the feet of DBK. If only you would have offered your FGT to Shelby for a insultingly low number, you might have been offered the opportunity to spend half your life savings on a V6 powered tractor car. I wonder how bad the 05/06 GT market is going to tank now with the dozens of cars going up for fire sale as people raid their 401Ks and mortgage their homes away to stroke that check?
Got the "no soup for you" email a little after midnight.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Got the "no soup for you" email a little after midnight.
Me too, Tony, so you are not alone! Misery loves company. Working on implementing my backup plan now... scouring the McLaren dealership inventory.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader

And here is yet another "old VW" that popped up...and it's Real!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-26...75a9-112944301
Old 07-28-2016, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSDFGT View Post
Me too, Tony, so you are not alone! Misery loves company. Working on implementing my backup plan now... scouring the McLaren dealership inventory.
I personally think McLaren is a good backup plan. For the same money as a NFGT you could get a 650S plus a low miles 12C. That's the whole thing about the new Ford I don't understand - it's not going to be price/performance competitive...
Old 07-28-2016, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Mclaren 650-S

I was going to go the 650S route also, a great car. I really did not expect to be chosen but am very glad I was.
Very sorry to hear of your vision problem Tony. I can partially relate, had a partially detached retina in March and had to have the Gas bubble laser fix.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
No need to share my Youtube video I have been selected for the opportunity to purchase a new Ford GT. I am sure everyone will prefer your replica of the original over it, so I will just drive and track it. I will be glad to make the same offer if you want to compare performance however.
Hey Cobra #3170, meant to say congrats on being one of the chosen ones! That's great news. Drive it like you stole it!!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

3170 can I go for a ride? I promise to not upstage you at cars and coffee in my beautiful SPF gt40.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

From Road & Track...

2017 Ford GT Applicants - How Ford Picks New GT Buyers
Old 07-28-2016, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
I was going to go the 650S route also, a great car. I really did not expect to be chosen but am very glad I was.
Very sorry to hear of your vision problem Tony. I can partially relate, had a partially detached retina in March and had to have the Gas bubble laser fix.
Congratulations on being chosen!

As for my McLaren- I am actually looking at getting used MP4-12C. They seem to be an excellent value at this point, where you can get a very low mile Spyder for $170-200k, and to be honest- I prefer the look of the front end, compared to the new reptilian-eyed job that they put on all of their new stuff now. Plus, same or better performance as a new 650s, with an ISIS update and tune.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
3170 can I go for a ride? I promise to not upstage you at cars and coffee in my beautiful SPF gt40.
I doubt it, only one of you will be pushing their car. And it ain't gonna be 3170.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Rod, have you looked around and considered who you're chiding? Try to be more respectful in your comments please.
Ya, I've looked around. And the one I'm chiding is the only one here who has to push their car. Oh, and the only here who spent $50,000 on painting their car a base house trim color and on a 302/4bbl. Geez, what's the point other than to throw good money after bad?
Old 07-28-2016, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
And here is yet another "old VW" that popped up...and it's Real!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-26...75a9-112944301
Geez, It's very nice but I think I will never spend $30,000 on the services of all my cars together, let alone just one..

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 07-29-2016, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPO 963, 351W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would jump in on this thread being an owner of an RF GT40 here in OZ, I can attest to what MHNCO is saying, as I have been at plenty of car gatherings with some big dollar "Super Cars" including the Ford GT and when I drive my GT40 replica in, almost everyone will stop, stare and come ask questions as soon as the door is opened - it's something I can't explain other than to say that the Iconic status of the GT40 is greater due to the history surrounding the Lemans victories back in the late 60's..
Here's a couple of shots of my Twin Turbo GT40..
Cheers
Wil
That is a lovely car! Must make for a wild ride!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: