S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sound like a good hunt Tru,
Look like 'K' will be cooking some pork very soon
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

WOW
10,200 replies to this thread.

Just a thought. If it weren't for CC most of us would not know each other at all.

Thanks Brent for giving us a place to talk about our hobby and meet some new friends.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
WOW
10,200 replies to this thread.

Just a thought. If it weren't for CC most of us would not know each other at all.

Thanks Brent for giving us a place to talk about our hobby and meet some new friends.
Yep, I love sites like this. Most are regional or manufacturer based, or have some other restriction that really limit the membership. While that may have some benefits, it creates too much separation.

My other hobby (the one I can afford) is I like to build models. I have just started on a new project. I am building a Model Railroad layout. I have spent a lot of time researching sites online and I have not found a forum for the average person. Most forums that have the information I want have an atmosphere that if you do not already know the simple stuff, you need to get out. I am considering doing as Brent said and starting my own to hopefully attract people that will help with my new venture.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Darn Joe,

You are about 4 years to late. I knew a guy here that had one of the largest and best model train lay outs in the country and he would help anyone with anything. Several of the model magazines came and took pictures and did big layouts on his. He had all the canyons around here perfect and his tracks ran from in his basement around the walls, out under the patio, he had plugs in the concrete every few feet so he could get to the tracks if something happened, and back through modes of Dunsmuir, Mt. Shasta, and so on. I believe in all he had almost 2 1/2 mile of track and several trains that were computer controlled so if one was coming another would be switched to a side track. Bill passed away from cancer just over 4 years ago and his wife sold the whole layout to some guy from out of state that had came out to one of the meets. He had steam engines that actually ran on steam and did a lot of the work himself.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well,
That is a lot more advanced than what I am doing. I am doing just 1 single train that runs on a track that makes multiple loops before coming back to the same point. I will likely later upgrade to DCC so I can run mulitple trains on 1 track, but all will be electric. Unfortunately the sites I have found so far that have sections for the beginner, only the beginners post there and there is even an atmosphere of, if you haven't at least built your own layout without help or suggestions, then don't bother asking. Most comments are rude and snotty, unless it is to another long timer. Basically, no unbiased forum. Everybody guards their stuff like it is top secret and don't want to share information. Me, I like to show off my stuff and if I do a forum, I will post up with my track plan and plenty of pictures. I don't plan on trying to duplicate anything that already exists, I am just laying track, creating a design that I like, building a town with industrial section, train yard, downtown and residential areas. Some farm land and either a mountain with a tunnel or 2, or maybe just some hills and valleys. I read one post where a guy had asked for comments on his plan and was thrashed because it does not look like anything that exists or would exist in the real world. He was also thrashed because it is just 1 line instead of multiple. Not a place I want to be.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Stop talking about model trains. I had a huge set of American Flyer stuff when I was a kid. All gone now. I had a friend check out prices on what I had, and he said it would be in excess of $10K now.

Hey Fred

If you want to graduate from that small underpowered Harley you bought, check this out.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...cle-completed/
Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well after giving Tru a couple of days of good Texas Weather we decided to be sure he did not get homesick. been a light rain all day and we are now in an ice storm warning until noon on Wednesday. Turning to wintry mix tonight with a high of 33 tomorrow. Low about 20° tomorrow night. About all we can muster down here, hopefully it is enough to keep Tru from getting homesick.

It appears the Mt Shasta Goddess has figured out where Tru disappeared to.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Well, I think we are going to have a full freezer.

Steve, HLC is not cooking any of this pork, it is still being processed.

It rained most of the time today, but we were able to crawl up on a small herd and hit two hogs, but were not able to take them down. We were at about 200 yards.

So, Michigan is going to get 2 to 4 inches. I think I will have to plow when I get home.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

HLC has NO DESIRE to cook any of that pork!!!

we had 'store bought' bbq tonight, and dunno for tomorrow, but venison chili on wednesday! yum!
K
it is cold, rainy and messy here. ugh
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

If it freezes then you can just go sit at the bottom of a hill and wait for the hogs to slide down to you.

Oh, yea, today is my dental appointment. I had rather be hunting hogs with a knife.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 01-27-2009 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: To Add To
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Just add a few eggs to the hog steaks ....

Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LMAO Johnny ruled all late night shows.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

26* and freezing rain

The roads are very slick here right now. There will be much wrecks in the morning.
Be carefull out there.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

I was in Florida on the 17th & 18th January for the SOS (Skydivers Over
Sixty) weekend in Deland, Florida where we managed to set a new world
record 48 way formation. It was below freezing some nights and barely
managed to hit 60 some days. We were jumping from 18,000' so it was
cold up there! I thought Florida was warm. Nice to be back home where it
is in the 70's and 80's. Too much pineapple juice in my blood for that cold
weather! Why there was ice on the windows and frost on the ground. Yikes.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Got to go out and check the roads. I know I need to sprinkle some salt on my sidewalks, but I don't know if I am going into work on time or working from home.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
It is just 30° here this morning but is supposed to be in the low 60s or upper 50s this afternoon. Either way it is cold and the dew looks like snow. Boy, am I ever happy that I don't live back East where they are having all of the snow.

Warren have you ever gotten out of the 20s yet. The Goddess is still ticked at you and waiting for your apology.

Ron

Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Warren have you ever gotten out of the 20s yet. The Goddess is still ticked at you and waiting for your apology.

Ron
Never apologize to that hag. Turtle says "One flipper up where the sun don't shine."

Its 24°F right now and snowed about 1 to 2 inches overnight. Its supposed to get above freezing this afternoon and rain for about 8 hours. Cheap snow shoveling. One of these days it will finally stop snowing. Got to change my oil and get ready for spring rides.

Think positive.
I'm positive I'm going to get some breakfast, read the Boston Herald and watch some TV, have some lunch and then figure out what I want to do for the rest of the day.

One day last week, I woke up at 7 AM, went to the bathroom and laid back down on the bed to watch the TV news. I fell asleep about 7:30 and did not wake up until 11:30. Question - is that 4 hours considered as "sleep" or a "nap". Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
Let me be the first to congratulate you for 15K posts, which I'm sure you will hit today.

Yaaaaaa Ron
Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

One day last week, I woke up at 7 AM, went to the bathroom and laid back down on the bed to watch the TV news. I fell asleep about 7:30 and did not wake up until 11:30. Question - is that 4 hours considered as "sleep" or a "nap". Inquiring minds want to know.

Since it seems that you never intended to go to sleep, I would call it just being unconscious. Of course with this Winter you are having, I told you so, you may have trouble staying awake to go for drives when it warms up is 6 months.

Ron

Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Congrats on 15 K post

Wow, We sure seem to BS a lot huh?