S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Cool here.

GMW!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Gonna be too nice down here in Brentwood. The trees are spitting out pllen like crazy and I think the grapes are gonna start breaking buds soon.

CalHusker
Old 02-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Define COOL! To Warren that would be anything below zero.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
How is the lake level on Shasta?

Isn't this your rainly season or is it in March/April?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Steve,

The lake is more of a puddle now. And this month and next should have been our real rains. When we have normal years, January and February have very few days that it doesn't rain like crazy. I saw on the news last night that this last Spring was the driest in our history and that thousands of acres of farmland are going to have to just lay idle as there won't be enough water to plant crops. One farmer they talked to said he wasn't going to plant anything and was just going to try to keep his Almond trees alive with what little water he could get. We have rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but I will believe it when I see it. The Federal and State water people are having meetings now to discuss what to do next Summer. They showed the snow pack in the Cascades the other day and it is about 4 feet where it should be around 20 to 30 feet. We could get rain in March and April and I have seen it snow during the big April car show, but the way the weather has gone the past two years I don't believe we can get enough to do much good.

Ron

Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Naw, he thinks it is cold when it is zero.

Cool means we wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants. No shorts or tank tops until it goes up to 32 or better.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Hehehehehe
The Mt Shasta Goddess was on vacation yesterday. It got all the way up to 47 F.

After driving for about 20 minutes, I finally decided to floor the gas pedal ... but I did it slowly in second gear at about 40 MPH. Boy, was traction lousy. Shifted into 3rd and the Good-boots spun like crazy on the dry street. Anymore of those antics and I'll have to buy some Depends.

I had a mile wide smile when I finished the ride. My lips were stuck to my teeth, cuz the temp dropped like a rock while I was out driving. It got down to about 38 F when I came home.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I just got home from a drive in the 69 Cobra and my worst worry was sun stroke. We have rain in the forecast for Thursday but I figure the Goddess will use that to add more to what she is getting ready to send your way. Drove over to the dam and talked to one of the women who is a security guard. She said they were even thinking about cutting back on them.
She liked the car and anted to know how many miles per gallon I got on it as it sounds like a truck lumbering by in 1st gear. You should have seen her face when I told her around 31 if I took it easy. Then I explained that was per tank.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 02-04-2009 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

The Shasta Goddess sucks Pintos. I got in a ride yesterday. It started snowing this afternoon and there is about 4 inches on the ground ... and they said another 3 inch would come down before it stops.

At least the Celtics won. Ray Allen hit a 3 point shot to win the game with 0.5 seconds left on the clock. Great basketball game.

Hey Tru - have you looked at the Bruins lately? Hope they give the Red Wings a few losses. Been to 2 Boston Bruins games in my life. Very good game to watch when in the arena, but hockey on TV just sucks IMHO.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

We have rain in the forecast for tomorrow but the Goddess assures me that most if not all of it will be used for snow to send back to you. Boy, you should never have ticked her off.

Ron

Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GMA

Snow stopped. Do I go outside and shovel the $hit, or wait for Fri & Sat when temps supposed to hit 50F?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron
Listening to FoxNews last night and they were discussing illegal immigration.

Back in 1970, the percent of people in California that were "born outside the USA" was 5%. Now, its 27%.

Question - how do you like your last name with an "ez" stuck on the end?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try the Red Wings in HD. Very nice game to watch.

Dang it is like 3 degrees outside. I had to put a coat on to go to work.

The boar sausage was a hit for the people that asked for a taste. Now we have just enough to make it through the year and maybe to 2010.

We are trying to setup an Elk hunt in October.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I would prefer an 's on the end of my last name. Darn, you are going to have a heat wave aren't you. We have rain in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday now. I would like to see it if it amounts to any more than the sprinkles we have had for the last several rain days.

Ron

Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, it is evident you are suffering from Cobra withdraw and needed a fix.

Sometimes just sitting in the seat can fend off those cravings.

However, you have exhibited the true enthusiast nerve by running around in 47 degree weather. I am impressed.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tru. I bought the Cobra to drive it. Have fun. Let loose. If I break it, so what ... I've got other cars.

Boar sausage? Do you grind up the meat and stuff it inside the sausage skin yourself?

Got about 8 inches of that white stuff yesterday. 70 MPH for 5 miles on the expressway this afternoon, and I still had to stop and brush off the snow on the Mercury. Should have just splashed on a little gas and lit it while thundering down the hiway. Thunder Road!

Bought a meat loaf dinner at the local Irish bakery this afternoon. They serve great soups and lunches every day. The dinner (meat loaf, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots and gravy) was only $6.95. It was heavy! Weighed it when I got home. Three pounds! It will easily make 2 suppers.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Hehehehehe
The Mt Shasta Goddess was on vacation yesterday. It got all the way up to 47 F.

I had a mile wide smile when I finished the ride. My lips were stuck to my teeth, cuz the temp dropped like a rock while I was out driving. It got down to about 38 F when I came home.
Warren,you are right on schedule !

You did the same last year and maybe the year before.Fall sets in and the temps get into the upper 50's and the driving stops.Just too dam* cold !
By mid-winter,for some reason,if the sun is out and it is above freezing...it's Cobra time.

Good to see you out spinning those tires !
Old 02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred
People go out and ski in this weather all the time. So I say, why not drive my Cobra if the roads are dry.

But its 11PM now, and the temp is 17F, which is too cold for a long drive. (Edit - down to 9F at 1:30. Supposed to go down into the negative numbers!)

Meat loaf dinner was great. Glad I got another portion for tomorrow.

Last edited by wtm442; 02-04-2009 at 10:49 PM..
Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

He, He, He, Looks as if you ticked the goddess off again and she cut her vacation short. When are you going to learn? No rain yet this morning so I guess she is using that to send to you and Tru in the form of snow. Enjoy weather from California.

Ron

Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Waiting for the sun to rise ... especially since its 5 F outside. Brrrrrrr. Glad I do not have a morning paper route.