June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
It was windy here all day yesterday and is supposed to be in the low 60s this afternoon but is 37 right now. I just hope that wind doesn't start again. The next three days are supposed to be sunny and in the 60s.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well everything is not starting well today. Ken has scheduled Sweetheart for surgery on her knee next week if it doesn't start to improve a great deal during the rest of this week.
I have to go into my doctor on the 18th for blood work and then the 25th to find out if he found any. Holy crap is that stuff expensive. These are the times that I really miss having insurance. I should have saved the blood that ran out of the cut in my head when I hit the wall yesterday and maybe that would have lowered it a little. I am hoping he can find something that will show why my health and nerves are just going downhill so fast that I notice it on a daily basis. And the stress of worrying abut the little dog isn't helping.
Sorry for airing my problem here as I know all of you have far more important ones of your own.

Ron

Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Ron
Vent all you want. Gives our troubles some friendship.

Anyone heard from Tru lately?

The liquid snow has been coming down all day (50°F has a detrimental effect on snowfall). I really don't have much at all for supper - the cupboards are bare and the 3 wolves are at the door. I do not want to bring in a grocery order in this downpour. Hmmmmmm .... Chinese food or pizza delivery sounds good.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dominoes Delivers

Had Pizza tonight. It wasn't bad either.

Tru must be looking for a little pig after Ron's post
Old 03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had really beautiful spring weather---melted everything... temps in the 50s..bright/sunny days... yesterday...it snowed and it was sub-zero this morning..

Oh..I'm an expert in figuring out what to make out of what might be tucked away in cupboards to make for meals... just have to think of it as a Pantry Challenge... I bet any of you have the makings of a tuna melt... and a potato sliced/baked..awesome home-fries..

Ron--I had an Old English Sheepdog that had the surgery you are considering.. it's worth it.. I have to bet that you're hearing the worst case option on recovery.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lisa,

Both of my Poms before these two had to have knee surgery. It is almost a given with their small bones in the hind legs and the way they are shaped. I just hate to see them go through the pain of the 2 to 4 month recovery before the pins can be taken out, but I also can't afford to let her go until the knee gets to bad.
Sherry had to have both of hers done at the same time and in about two months she was getting around almost as well as ever. I just hate to see any pet or animal, some humans excepted, in pain and I can't do anything to help them.
After going over my last stock report yesterday I think I will just forward the bills to Warren. I didn't know that stock went into the minus categories.

Ron

Old 03-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I survived.

Cuts came through the office, so far, I survived.

Dang that can be agrivating.

18 this morning, all that was liquid...is now solid.

So, let me ask you all something. If you write a small book for your students that saves them from failing advanced digital design and 20 years later you meet someone that happens to have a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of that same book...and he was never your student. What is that? Flattery? Piracy?

Sort of wish I could have shared the look on his face when someone told him my name.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Congratulations on making it past the cuts. Also on the nice weather. Warren won't feel so bad now.
The book thing could be a little tricky considering the time and all, but I wouldn't think they could copy a book that you wrote without your permission. You will have to let our resident legal staff take that one on.

Ron

Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Congrats on making the cuts.

I would take it as flattery and sign it for him.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,
Congrats on the survival. It would suck getting hit again.

As for the book. I would probably report this to your publisher, even after all these years. Copyright infringement is not to be taken lightly. Remember just because you wrote it does not necessarily mean it is 'all yours' especially after it has been published and you had monetary gains for it.

If you do not report this and they find out you knew about it, that may inhibit your future publishing's with the publishing company. Just my .02

Flattery, sure. It tells you that people really trust what you wrote and think others should learn what you are trying to teach in your book. I would simply recover the copy and point him to the nearest Barnes and Noble, then tell him to bring you a real book and you would be happy to put your John Henry on it for him.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lisa,
No tuna here.
However we almost always have chichen instead of tuna.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
If you write a small book for your students that saves them from failing advanced digital design and 20 years later you meet someone that happens to have a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of that same book...and he was never your student. What is that? Flattery? Piracy?

Congrats on having a job.

The above says that your publisher is not doing their job getting your book stocked in college book stores. Twenty plus years in the marketing field, and I'm still amazed that people still ask the wrong question. As they say in the movies ... FOLLOW THE MONEY. In your case, the lack of it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
Lisa,
No tuna here.
However we almost always have chichen instead of tuna.
I always have at least 3 pouches of tuna in the refrigerator, just in case. Last night I did some digging in the freezer and found a chicken pot pie. Just added a couple of veggies, a baked potato and all was fine in the world, except that the Celtics lost to the Heat last night. Can't be too critical when 3 of their starting 5 players are out for various injuries.

Steve
Chichen? Is that the meat off the bones of people in Serbia? Aren't they rebels?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

Tru,
Just a thought here.

If the book is still being read, maybe it is time to put out a re-print of it.

Could be some extra cash in your pocket.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,
I had not thought of that but it may be????? yuk...

Na, the kids just like the canned chicken a lot better than tuna.

We get it at Cosco. There is (I guess) six or eight cans packaged together. It is actually good chicken. Carrie uses it for a lot of different meals. Works great in homemade chicken pot pie.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I get the canned chicken at my local Wal-Mart. The best part is the price. Its dirt cheap for huge cans. I crumble it over a salad when I'm counting calories.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

More than likely one in the same. Good stuff.

I need to get busy.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Tru,
After reading what the others had to say about your book,I have to change my position and agree with them.

You need to find that little thief again,take your xeroxed book from him and kick his azz for good measure.

That look on his face was because he figured he was caught.The SOB most likely put himself thru school by making copies and selling them too.
Maybe you should invite him along for a Chaney style Wild Boar Hunt.

I bet he has sick thing for Turtles too.We all know how those people are.

Last edited by 392cobra; 03-12-2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Geez Fred,

Hunting Turtles with a knife and rifle doesn't sound like much of a challenge. Take him to the Everglades and let him hunt Crocodiles with a 6" knife. Even Tru would find that a challenge. Water waist deep and all you can see it their eyes when they lay still and wait for you to approach.

Ron

Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I purchased a CAM!!!!!

I am going to do the CAM this spring!! Yikes this is a little exciting.

Thanks for the comments on the book, I think I am going to leave it alone.