Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Who said anything about a fat wallet? Don't make blind assumptions. I paid the man $5,500 for it, which was just a bit more than the going price for a Mustang.
Ralphy and lmmargheritis like this.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk4, Ford Racing Z427
Not Ranked     
Default Love This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Who said anything about a fat wallet? Don't make blind assumptions. I paid the man $5,500 for it, which was just a bit more than the going price for a Mustang.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

Juvenile pettiness and absurdity. I think they both fit!

John O
Old 04-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Owning an an original or selling one doesn't anoint you with either credentials or specialness (other than being lucky enough to own one or today having a fat wallet ). The cars are special not necessarily the owners.

Credentials come from your knowledge and enthusiasm for these cars. It is enhanced by what you contribute to them and the community of the hobby. Ned certainly fits this bill.

I think what Dred is saying bottom line is that there should be more respect towards each other and there should be acknowledgement of the Registry's information and position and the hard work that went into it by those more knowledgeable than you.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrgary View Post
hey evan: you never answered my question of several pages ago. if the saac regestry didn't exist would your car still be real?????
If a tree falls in the Forrest and you don't know it fell has it still fallen?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK you guys still at it I see.

Well when i have a few moments maybe you experts can help me coin a new term.

Original Replica or Real Original Replica....I'll explain it in a new thread.
Nedsel and Ralphy like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ok, I made a "blind assumption" - and one that I think most would make so my bad. Either you got one hell of a deal on CSX 2306 or there is more there than meets the eye. But that doesn't answer the question, maybe you can vouch for the man's credentials? Kind of a bold statement to make so I would like to know what separates him from the common enthusiast?

REAL 1 summed it up nicely.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Owning an an original or selling one doesn't anoint you with either credentials....
Wow. That is a very revealing statement. Not that your other posts haven't shown what a peculiar view you have of the world.

He simply said that the original Cobras are wonderful pieces of junk. Anyone who has actually driven one has the credentials to make that opinion. Don't make any more out if it than that.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Ok, I made a "blind assumption" - and one that I think most would make so my bad. Either you got one hell of a deal on CSX 2306 or there is more there than meets the eye. But that doesn't answer the question, maybe you can vouch for the man's credentials? Kind of a bold statement to make so I would like to know what separates him from the common enthusiast?

REAL 1 summed it up nicely.
Dred is the brother of a Cobra enthusiast who all of you on this forum know well. He is an M.D. with little time for his car hobby, but he has owned and enjoyed many fine collectors' cars over the years. His current lack of a Cobra does not mean he is out to lunch; he attends many of the Cobra tours and obviously loves the cars. He still fits the mold of a true Cobra enthusiast. Which leads me to ask: Are there basic credentials required for posting here? If so, a number of comments make me skeptical that all are meeting them.
A-Snake and Ralphy like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... Are there basic credentials required for posting here? If so, a number of comments make me skeptical that all are meeting them.
Of course not, but if you are going to put "your credentials" on the table, and those credentials aren't evident in your profile, then I will ask.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
Wow. That is a very revealing statement. Not that your other posts haven't shown what a peculiar view you have of the world.

He simply said that the original Cobras are wonderful pieces of junk. Anyone who has actually driven one has the credentials to make that opinion. Don't make any more out if it than that.
Yes. We can all read literally what he wrote. I have, however, interpreted his statements beyond the literal word.

I know that's a weird concept for many of you to grasp.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I think I beat you to it! I posted this yesterday #178, is this where you were going?

I'm titling this as, "The Last Word."

Look I'm just as caught up in this as any. But the Shelby I know? He was a racer, a racer who wanted to win and win at the big show. He built street cars to fund his racing, even in the early sixties. So first off if you don't own a race car built for winning? Your a poser! Yes in this sense of the word even a sixties street version, is "A Replica."

I was drawn to these cars because of his winning. Not some street version mimic. That's the history and facts I like. I could give a whole lot less attention of how and when the CSX4000 or the CSX7000 were made and how many, blah blah blah blah........... I'd like to feel connected I bought what I could afford. Don't we all love Shelby's history?

I Like Racing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
OK you guys still at it I see.

Well when i have a few moments maybe you experts can help me coin a new term.

Original Replica or Real Original Replica....I'll explain it in a new thread.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
I think I beat you to it! I posted this yesterday #178, is this where you were going?

Hell if I know where I'm going half the time but some how I reach a destination.

Original Cobra Replica/ Real Cobra Replica & 3D Printers
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes. We can all read literally what he wrote. I have, however, interpreted his statements beyond the literal word.

I know that's a weird concept for many of you to grasp.
Yes, well said. That's my point. You are most-unique.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Yes. That's what he said among other things. I interpreted the point he was trying to convey as I read the meaning behind the literal words. My "read of it". You read it literally. Perhaps you aren't making enough of it? Only Dred knows for sure what he really meant.

You don't need to drive a Cobra to have credentials to have an opinion of it. You can have an "opinion" without much of any knowledge base at all which is quite common on this site. Knowledge is gained through study or actual experience. The weight of that "opinion" will be judged accordingly based on the degree of knowledge/experience supporting that opinion.

My view of the world (I assume you are referring to the "World of Cobras" since I have discussed my other world views) is SAAC's view. I find it peculiar you find it peculiar.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, well said. That's my point. You are most-unique.
And much loved, knowledgeable, wise, handsome, personable, witty, understanding, generous, brave, adroit, chivalrous ....

I think that covers it.
Dimis likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
And much loved, knowledgeable, wise, handsome, personable, witty, understanding, generous, brave, adroit, chivalrous ....

I think that covers it.
You missed Delusional...

AND VERY FUNNY.

Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
Look I'm just as caught up in this as any. But the Shelby I know? He was a racer, a racer who wanted to win and win at the big show. He built street cars to fund his racing, even in the early sixties. ...... in this sense of the word even a sixties street version, is "A Replica."

................Don't we all love Shelby's history?
It didn't take long

Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Damn that's a nice car. I love the blacked wheels!
He may have done some underhanded things. But ya gotta love the guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA2076 View Post
It didn't take long

Ralphy
Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

CSX2001 - what he had in mind all along -

Shelby Cobra CSX 2001-The First Production Cobra
Closed Thread