28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree135Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdross1 View Post
Well gentlemen now that we have beaten this subject to death, let the hair on the backs of your necks your lay back down. We can opinion this till we are blue in the face we are certainly aware that the Real 1 has a Real One his adamant defense of that fact says it all. I would hope that does not get in the way of him hanging with those of us that choose to build and drive non 62 to 68 Cobras.
Heck no! I'd hang out with many of you any time (except for those that attacked me personally absent an apology). As these thread go this one was pretty tame.

LMH: No you are wrong. The OP was inquiring in regard to his SPF.
Anyway just to make you happy Larry, I'll answer the question that wasn't asked: when I am asked if my Cobra is real I say yes, its a "Continuation Series Shelby Cobra". If the question is "is it original" the answer is "no, its a Continuation Series Shelby Cobra".

Hey, Anthony is right! this is just like old times.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Shelby American CSX series has direct lineage to the original, no other "cobra variant" can make that claim, hence the proper SAAC distinction.

Following the FIA World Manufacturing Championship in 1965, Shelby American began work on upgrading our signature roadster design. In 1966 we debuted the 427 S/C, our most powerful high-performance roadster, for street and competition (S/C). We developed independent suspension, fortified the frame to handle the increase in torque, and made adjustments to the body to set it apart from our other models. We resumed production of the Cobra 427 S/C (CSX4000-series) in 1997 and they’re available today in aluminum or fiberglass.
Shelby American Inc. - 2012 GT350

You may not like it, but the fact remains your kit car replica does not equal a CSX in the eyes of SAAC, nor should it. If that bothers you then you should have bought a CSX.
Al G likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Heck no! I'd hang out with many of you any time (except for those that attacked me personally absent an apology). As these thread go this one was pretty tame.

LMH: No you are wrong. The OP was inquiring in regard to his SPF.
Anyway just to make you happy Larry, I'll answer the question that wasn't asked: when I am asked if my Cobra is real I say yes, its a "Continuation Series Shelby Cobra". If the question is "is it original" the answer is "no, its a Continuation Series Shelby Cobra".

Hey, Anthony is right! this is just like old times.

If that's how you answer the question, I feel better about you then!
Larry
Old 04-11-2014, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
The Shelby American CSX series has direct lineage to the original, no other "cobra variant" can make that claim, hence the proper SAAC distinction.

Following the FIA World Manufacturing Championship in 1965, Shelby American began work on upgrading our signature roadster design. In 1966 we debuted the 427 S/C, our most powerful high-performance roadster, for street and competition (S/C). We developed independent suspension, fortified the frame to handle the increase in torque, and made adjustments to the body to set it apart from our other models. We resumed production of the Cobra 427 S/C (CSX4000-series) in 1997 and they’re available today in aluminum or fiberglass.
Shelby American Inc. - 2012 GT350

You may not like it, but the fact remains your kit car replica does not equal a CSX in the eyes of SAAC, nor should it. If that bothers you then you should have bought a CSX.
So does the company that has purchased or leased the AC marque also have direct lineage and is now making "Cobras" (with GM power) ???
Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

And a lot of us could care less what SAAC says. The only real original Cobras were built in the 60's. Everything else is a reproduction including CSX cars. Shelby licensed my Cobra to be built so what. It's still a reproduction of the original.
Thor maine, Dimis, Ralphy and 1 others like this.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
So does the company that has purchased or leased the AC marque also have direct lineage and is now making "Cobras" (with GM power) ???
wrong
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
And a lot of us could care less what SAAC says. The only real original Cobras were built in the 60's. Everything else is a reproduction including CSX cars. Shelby licensed my Cobra to be built so what. It's still a reproduction of the original.
One is a license for someone else to build a "replica", the other is the original manufacturer resuming production. Your SPF is not a CSX, in fact one could make the argument that your SPF is a replica of a CSX lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys at it again????

I wish that when the word Cobra is used with vehicles it would mean the original 1960's ones. See I had to state original and should not have done so.

I wish that everything else would frigging have words added like reproduction, replica, tribute or whatever!!!!

You know how many hours over the years looking at BS ads for non "original" Cobras? Too frigging many!!!

I
Old 04-11-2014, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Shelby American did run ads in Kit Car Magazine did they not?

Ralphy
Old 04-11-2014, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We could make it a lot worse! "Cobra" actually only applies to the leaf spring cars.

No, I better not go there!
Larry
KevinW and Ralphy like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Yes, we understand a lot of you couldn't care less about what SAAC says in it's World Registry which is the world's most highly regarded authority and text compiled and contributed to by numerous experts in the field on these cars. I get it. That's fine. No one is going to change your mind and the other anti CSX cohorts here about "not caring what SAAC says". We get that too. Not trying to change your minds. That will clearly never happen. I wouldn't waste my very valuable time trying to do that.

What I am doing is making sure you and those like you here who set forth you homespun self serving "personal" dribble as to "your view" of Continuation Cobra and a Cobra which is now part of Cobra history too stands clearly corrected on a public forum where many who are interested in the hobby come visit aren't misinformed by the garbage you guys spew about this terrific and significant car and part of Shelby and Cobra history.

There, I said it.

Cheers.

P.S. AL427SBF: Very interesting point and you are 100% right. The Spf, FFR, ERAs and the rest etc...are actually replicas of the Continuation Cobra also. That's gonna drive the peanut gallery here wild! Wow, that really helps put it in perspective. Excellent point!!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
P.S. AL427SBF: Very interesting point and you are 100% right. "The Spf, FFR, ERAs and the rest etc...are actually replicas of the Continuation Cobra" also. That's gonna drive the peanut gallery here wild! Wow, that really helps put it in perspective. Excellent point!!!!!

But how's that possible since many of the replicas were built before the Continuation Cars? Duh...

Also I can't remember which manufacture it was. But it was clearly stated they copied the body of an Original they had got hold of. They even gave the chassis number. BS

Glory be, now it's the Continuation Car that made The Replicas popular not an Original.

Ralphy
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
... P.S. AL427SBF: Very interesting point and you are 100% right. The Spf, FFR, ERAs and the rest etc...are actually replicas of the Continuation Cobra also. That's gonna drive the peanut gallery here wild! Wow, that really helps put it in perspective. Excellent point!!!!!
With 21st century refinements incorporated into all these kit car replicas today,
I would say the CSX is actually what is being copied versus the original, ain't that a biatch
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cool! So I can buy an exact copy of a Continuation for maybe 1/3rd the price? Sounds like a winner to me! Oh....No.... someone's price gouging it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
With 21st century refinements incorporated into all these kit car replicas today,
I would say the CSX is actually what is being cloned versus the original, ain't that a biatch

Ralphy
Old 04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I watched that whole damn video about some Honda, expecting to see that girl's tits....... and nothing....I want my two minutes back.
I still dont understand the video. Was it an ironic comedy sketch or do Honda send their cars to the US for home assembly?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was an April Fools joke by Honda. They obviously know the definition of a kit. Unlike some posters here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
I still dont understand the video. Was it an ironic comedy sketch or do Honda send their cars to the US for home assembly?
Ralphy
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thought the Registry identifies them as original Shelby Cobra (from the 60's), genuine Shelby Cobras (beginning in mid 90's), and replica Cobras?

Regarding what to call the cars made after after the 60's; guess it only really matters to the owners.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Searching
Not Ranked     

I must be a very small minority -
I don't give a rats a$rse about the history of the car
mine is not a tribute or replica
I have not tried to re create the original cars
even if I could I would never buy an original 60's Cobra
I bought my "box of bits" because I love the look of the cars and the driving experience of the MODERN running gear and technology - superior in every way to the "Originals" - bar the wank factor
IF NOT FOR KIT CARS and the industry surrounding them no one (in the general public) would know about the originals - they would have languished into history - even old Shelby himself jumped on the wagon and revived the continuation series - that would never have happened if he had not seen the interest in the kits being produced

oh and by the way when asked, I tell them it is a custom AC built to my specifications, just like Shelby did.

I also hold the utmost respect for those guys that BUILD their cars, whatever they call them - rather than pull out a fat cheque book to buy them (oh and have someone fit a motor and trans )

(puts flame suit on)
Thor maine likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Some 500yrs on... Here is our friend who believes he doesn't need saving.

But Galileo, the world is flat... The world is flat! The "self serving" world authority says so!

My humble thought for the day to you sir.
"Never believe any self proclaimed authority when it has a vested interest."

Just saying.

Ps. Else Evan you are correct in suggesting the SAAC registry say x-y-z...
But people should also know that part of the registry has some conflict of interest. No?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
Shelby American did run ads in Kit Car Magazine did they not?

Ralphy
So? Maybe they wanted to show kit car owners or potential buyers another option. Isn't that what advertisers do?

When people ask about my car I say it is a real Shelby Cobra. Not original, but real. I am very careful to explain the difference and educate them on the continuation cars. I'm giving them a factual answer and not implying I own something I don't.

After reading this thread it seems to me the CSX owners who have chimed in are more likely to give an unambiguous answer than some owners of other brands.
Closed Thread