28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree135Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

It's actually simpler than that.

Per SAAC based on the official definitions you have amoug others:

Original series Cobras.
CSX series Cobras (aka Continuation Series Cobras)
Replica/kit cars (these cars are NOT Cobras)

Guys here can bang their rattle on the floor like the guy in post #29 with that worn out mantra or you can come up with your own definitions, explanations and/or position (which mean nothing to anyone but you) or you can accept the world leading authority's position as stated in the Bible of all things Cobra of which I am sure many of you even belong to the organization known as SAAC by paying a membership fee and or even purchased a Registry.

As a hobby we do informally refer to all these cars as Cobras for ease of reference and perhaps out of a sense of camaraderie. Yes, I get that and do it myself and have no problem with it at all but when you are getting "technical" it's all right there in the Registry.

When the OP is asked what his SPF is or if it's original the "right" answer is "it's a replica of a Cobra". What he chooses to actually say I couldn't care less.
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"yawn"
Larry
Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Evan...
I've tried to stay clear of these exchanges, simply because they are just plain tedious and silly.

I'll preface this by saying regard this topic - YOUR reality sir, is NOT mine (& I dare say others), that aside...

You are seemingly an intelligent enough to realize that your self-righteous rants are hypocritical in themselves... No?

How "selfserving" do you think:
i) your referencing the registry is?
ii) the registry is in to try to protect the enigma that CSX cars are "REAL" and therefore perceivably somehow worth more than the sum of the parts?

Labeling and attacking others in this petty debate/discussion surly is beyond the statesmen, I imagine you think yourself to be.

It concerns me because, it wreaks of someone who seemingly is trying to either justify his purchase of a CSX to himself, or to others... Truth is, no-one really cares champ, as long as your happy it!

You are happy with it, aren't you?
I mean most others I assume would be happy with it.

Just let it be, and agree to disagree, then please hence forth and enjoy your car...
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:49 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

1. I'm no statesmen. This site is not the place for statesmen.
2. I'm not referencing my reality. Im referencing "the" authoritative source as to how all these cars are defined and categorized.
3. The purpose of the Registry is stated in the Registry.
4. I didn't attack anyone. The guy in post #29 seemed rather exercised and adamant in pushing his "personal" view across. All of a sudden you're worked up about a "personal attack" which it wasn't? You want to see personal attacks? Go back and view the personal attacks against me. Btw, never recall you stepping in there on my behalf. Your feigned indignation carries 0 weight with me on that score. Typical though of most here on the worlds most biased Cobra site. The banner really should be changed.
5. Not trying to justify my purchase. Very happy with it since made nearly 14 years ago. One could easily argue that the repeated worn mantra used by the guy "stamping his feet" on the floor in post #29 (better?) is used by guys to knock what they don't own to make themselves feel better about what they do own.
6. The Op asked a question. Sorry you and others don't like my response which does nothing more than reference the most widely recognized and respected (except apparently for here on this site for reasons that are transparent) authority. You don't think think for one second that if the Registry supported the homemade self serving demeaning views by many here towards the Continuation series it wouldn't be run up the mast immediately by them and celebrated to as proving their point?
7. No, sorry I won't agree to disagree. That implies the other view is possibly correct which it is not factually for many reasons as explained in the Registry.
8. Yes, I do enjoy my Cobra. A lot. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Mines a Cobra to me so that's all that matters. I could care less what some registry says. Now if I'm asked if it's an original I will say no, but it's still a Cobra in MY definition and that's all that matters.
PhoneGuy likes this.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Call it what it is. No sense in polishing a turd.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Well, I am disappointed...

I watched that whole damn video about some Honda, expecting to see that girl's tits....... and nothing....I want my two minutes back.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Mines a Cobra to me so that's all that matters. I could care less what some registry says. Now if I'm asked if it's an original I will say no, but it's still a Cobra in MY definition and that's all that matters.
That's fine with me. Everyone is entitled to their own personal definition if that makes you happy and that's what you want to use. However, thats ones own personal definition. The op asked what the " right " answer would be which is in the Registry. That is the widely accepted authoritative Bible on all things Cobra. If he wanted to use his own personal definition, whatever that may be he didn't need to ask, did he?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I watched that whole damn video about some Honda, expecting to see that girl's tits....... and nothing....I want my two minutes back.
Now that's funny.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

What the hell is a "fit" ? I thought it said "tit"...I have to get these cataracts fixed.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Has anyone ever given any thought to the people that ask about our cars originality. Most would not know the difference without being told. Most may be asking just to start conversation as has been my observation.

No doubt on this site we have sensitivity amongst our members and their cars originality.

No real need to bash each other after all we are like minding in our quest to own something unique. As far as opinions and expressing them isn't that what the question was to begin with?

I'm proud of my KIT CAR it took me many many man hours to build and refine it's handling to be able to say it truly does perform as good if not better than an original.

Those of you that own a CSX car should be proud if I had the means I'm quite sure I would also.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I respond replica/scratch built. Then I follow with, not for the faint of heart, this was doing it the hard way.....
Old 04-10-2014, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Dimis,
I'm sure he also has no awareness of the disservice he provides the SAAC and Shelby American. There are replica owners here that may some day want too own a continuation car. But if this is what I'd expect to rub elbows with? No thanks! Also how nice to be posting this nonsense when the SAAC is running a banner for their event on this board.
Ralphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Evan...
I've tried to stay clear of these exchanges, simply because they are just plain tedious and silly.

I'll preface this by saying regard this topic - YOUR reality sir, is NOT mine (& I dare say others), that aside...

You are seemingly an intelligent enough to realize that your self-righteous rants are hypocritical in themselves... No?

How "selfserving" do you think:
i) your referencing the registry is?
ii) the registry is in to try to protect the enigma that CSX cars are "REAL" and therefore perceivably somehow worth more than the sum of the parts?

Labeling and attacking others in this petty debate/discussion surly is beyond the statesmen, I imagine you think yourself to be.

It concerns me because, it wreaks of someone who seemingly is trying to either justify his purchase of a CSX to himself, or to others... Truth is, no-one really cares champ, as long as your happy it!

You are happy with it, aren't you?
I mean most others I assume would be happy with it.

Just let it be, and agree to disagree, then please hence forth and enjoy your car...
Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     
Wink

evan: why do you feel you have to justify your csx purchase to everone else? just because your car is listed in some regestry doesn't make it real. for owners of real cobras (those built in the 1960's) the regestry is a great source of information. i commend those who contribute to it, i just feel that replicas don't belong. i do hope you find a way to get over your REAL ONE complex, you will be a much happier person.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

I'm in the process of getting my Bennett car going again. When anyone ask's I will, have answered, its a Bennett car. It's 22 years old and has some interesting parts and features on it. I like it as much as my csx car and yes I miss my friend Paul Bennett. There will always be someone who is jealous of what you have, try not to get caught up in their bitterness it will just spoil your fun. Sometimes the most bitter people don't have a car. I have had good experiences by being kind to people. For example I was into drag boats and had a blown gas flatbottom, show boat, I kept a local boat dealer. Two kids used to come around on their bicycle's and I always took the time to answer questions and did not chase them away. Years later a middle aged man walks up to me and says, you don't remember me do you? I'm the kid that used to ask you all kinds of questions about your boat and you took the time to talk to me. Today he shoes a top fuel hydro. your actions have effect on people good or bad. I like the feeling I get from experience like above.
KevinW likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

A wise man once said, "Those that can, do. Those that can't do, buy continuation cars, clones, replicas, wannabes, kit cars, etc. etc."

At least I think that's how it went.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
1. I'm no statesmen. This site is not the place for statesmen.
2. I'm not referencing my reality.... Blah blah blah...

Cheers.
Oh brother... There's no saving you.
Sorry I tried. I should have known better, but my arrogance thinking I could help you where others haven't, got the better of me. Apologies.

Good luck to you mate, you need it.

I'm out of this one.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ralphy: Yes, perhaps you could enlighten me on the disservice to SAAC and Shelby American in what I stated and how what you stated is such a service to them. As far as not having the opportunity of rubbing elbows with you I'll be losing a lot of sleep over that one.

Fjrgary: Yes, actually I agree. The registry is a great source of information but it is a great source of information for everyone. Despite your concession of it being a great source of information you apparently chose to ignore the parts that don't suit your fancy (that's if you even read one). If you haven't perhaps you should buy one and read it. You might learn something.

Also not justifying my purchase of a Continuation Cobra. I was just answering the OPs question. I gave him the correct answer (which he asked for btw) as per the authoritative reference and cited the authoritative source for the answer.

jhv48: Well maybe this "wise man said that but then wise man is wrong too. No doubt he is a CC regular too. Doesn't Jay Leno own a replica? Carroll Shelby owned a Continuation Series Cobra also. Pretty sure either one could afford any original Cobra they wanted.

Dimis: Yes, I appreciate your effort to "save" me but alas I have a low tolerance for CC BS. Don't worry mate, I'll be just fine without your help. Thanks for you "help" anyway.

You guys think I am putting down "replicas" and trying to justify my own purchase of a CSX or touting somehow that my Cobra is "better". That's just not true. Better is a relative term. I am merely citing the world most respected authoritative source on the subject and all these cars and recounted how they define all these cars. You may not like their definitions and categories but that's what it is. You are free to call your cars what you want of course and have your own personal definitions of course. That's fine by me. Couldn't care less but don't start defining my Cobra and other Continuations Series Cobras according to your own personal definition on a widely read web site and expect not to be corrected (at least by me) by what the Registry states.

I am confident in the following: If the Registry supported your positions every one of you would be citing it to a man to "correct" me and establish how wrong I was if I varied from it. Anyone who would deny that is a liar.

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

evan: actually i have read the registry, at least the parts about the real cobras. i find the history of these cars to be very interesting, again i tip my hat to those who contribute. as far as reading about the replicas like you and i own, those really don't interest me. maby if you ever get off your soap box and stop preaching your real one bull$hit, you will see the truth as it really is. REAL SHELBY COBRAS WERE BUILT IN THE 60's!!!!! amen.
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrgary View Post
evan: actually i have read the registry, at least the parts about the real cobras. i find the history of these cars to be very interesting, again i tip my hat to those who contribute. as far as reading about the replicas like you and i own, those really don't interest me. maby if you ever get off your soap box and stop preaching your real one bull$hit, you will see the truth as it really is. REAL SHELBY COBRAS WERE BUILT IN THE 60's!!!!! amen.
Gee seems like you're getting all worked up and huffy. Take a deep breath. You are free to continue denegrating Continuation Cobras to you little hearts content. No one can stop you and you have plenty of cohorts on this site to assist. I'm way outnumbered. The more profanity you use, the louder and nastier you get will just make your arguments all the more correct on CC. Personal attacks also help add validity here to. Thats how it works here and of course the varied personal opinions and views and bias' hold sway over authoritative texts. This after all is Club Cobra. I get it.

I wasn't preaching. No. I did't set forth my persoal opinion or view once unlike every other single person on this thread. I just cited the authoratative position and reference text in an effort to answer the OPs question. Boy then the feathers started flying here as usual and as usual involving those who don't own Contniuation Cobras. Hmmm wonder why?

By your own admission you only read the parts of the Registry you like. Kinda like just looking at the pictures almost. My kids do that. You should expand your horizon of Cobra knowledge and read some of the other parts too. In fact, being the history buff that you are you should be aware that the Continuation Series are part of Shelby history. If you did read more than just the parts that "interested" you you would know that. I also guess you only "tip your hat" to those who contributed to the part of the Registry you read not the rest of it since,.. heck you don't agree with them anyway. Interesting.

Also if you read more of the Registry you would see that "you and I don't own replicas" according to SAAC. Actually its you that owns the replica according to the Registry not me. Hey, SAAC said it. I just agree. Whats so upsetting about that? I didn't say it. They did.

I have read the Registry very carefully. A lot of it. I know full well what the Continuation Cobras are and are not. I need no help from you on that issue. That's for sure. You ,however, should read more of the Registry. Even if you don't come to agree with a position you may understand it better.

Just say'n.

Cheers.