28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

"The statements contained in this press release that are not purely historical, including statements regarding the Company’s expectations, hopes, beliefs, intentions, or strategies regarding the future, are forward-looking statements"

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-13-2015, 05:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Further:

Enough said, don't you think
LMH likes this.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Ya, ya. Blah, blah, blah. I saw that. You can believe whatever you read. But I don't believe it. The press release states as such, but I call BS.

I'll bet not one car will be raced. And then, the owners will not be able to register them to drive on the street? After spending how much?

Puh-leeze. I don't believe it.
I'd like to see one of the MSOs just to see how they are worded. Most purpose built race cars are sold on bill of sale (i.e., the Ford FR500s and CobraJets). I do believe the paperwork will disallow street registration but with an MSO someone will figure out how to launder it through some of the states that say aren't as diligent and they will show up with titles and plates...
Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

These cars are NOT being sold by Shelby American (Vegas) but through the Trust/foundation out of Gardena...
Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

When you go back and read the article carefully no where do they say they are using original 1965 chassis. The quotes from the trust representative do not go so far as to say this, however, the language is misleading. They are "completing" the run of the 100 needed "competition" cars but then they talk of SC spec cars. Which are they doing S/C or comp cars? The original run was to be comp cars for homlogation.

My recollection of the entire "completion" car fiasco was that it was established there were no original chassis left. Is my recollection correct or am I imagining this? If that was already conceded how is it now that they found original chassis again?????

I think we are reading into the article too much but as noted it is misleading. You need to read it VERY carefully.

Also, AC never just shipped chassis to my knowledge. They were turn key minus in todays terms as someone already noted. The CSX chassis numbers would have already been stamped in by AC at the factory so why do numbers now need to be assigned? Also if the chassis are left from 1965 why did McClusky need to fit up jigs?. Buck and tooling for bodies yes but jigs for chassis? What for if they already exist?

I think what we will find is that this is a special run of "comp" Cobras to be finished to comp specs by DeBenedeste with all the bells and whistles or SC spec cars all assigned CSX 3000 numbers picking up where they left off with the last run of "completion cars" for which a premium will be charged for the 3000 serial number and for "charity".

My take.

Why doesn't someone here call the number in the article and find out?

NYGuy you seem interested and the investigative journalist type why not follow up and report back? Seems like you have plenty of time on your hands.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-13-2015 at 07:10 PM..
Old 05-13-2015, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't read this that there are 40 something chassis from 1965 sitting in some warehouse, but rather they will build the remaining VINs with newly constructed chassis. The rules for being allowed to continue them don't require new old parts.

Here is my word for the new cars. We have the originals, then we had the completions, then we have the continuations,

I name these "Resumption Cobras".
Old 05-13-2015, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way, it's entirely consistent with the mentality of this forum to totally bash this. Shelby is evil, shelby is a snake, but shelby was smart. Everyone forgets that if Shelby hadn't taken a V8 and put it in that little AC car, this forum wouldn't exist. The AC Ace would have died. You're only jealous you (1) don't own the original VINS and (2) DIDN'T COME UP WITH THE IDEA FIRST.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:24 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Neutral     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
By the way, it's entirely consistent with the mentality of this forum to totally bash this. Shelby is evil, shelby is a snake, but shelby was smart. Everyone forgets that if Shelby hadn't taken a V8 and put it in that little AC car, this forum wouldn't exist. The AC Ace would have died. You're only jealous you (1) don't own the original VINS and (2) DIDN'T COME UP WITH THE IDEA FIRST.
I posted the details of what was said and printed in the past, along with proof positive of what the resolution (at least what was used in court). These facts are hard and fast facts, not conjecture. Not posted for any other reason than for clarification. For you to make such an assumption as to 1 or 2, and then group all of us together, is a gross mistake of your judgement.

Now, with that said, I do of course, in my travels and Shelby circles, find that quite a few of the "Continuation Series" owners have such a venomous attitude vs owners of the real CSX2K & 3K cars. Which of those is jealous of the other seems to be the key as the "Continuation Series" owners appear to feel slighted by those CSX 2K & 3K owner group(s).

In closing, some of us are wise enough in our years to never talk about dollars in public. Or post exactly what we do, or do not own as if it defines who we are, or are not.

I'll leave it at that.

Bill S.
66gtk likes this.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

Jesus's...will this never end?
Old 05-14-2015, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There are people that send money, to free stranded princesses in castles, then there are those who send money to foreign banks to free up a long lost Inheritance. and lastly there are those who think they can buy provenance, and as long as there are, there will be people who will be willing sell it to to them. the thing that is unique in this case is that, both the buyer and the seller truly believe this is what they are buying and selling, Sad.

Dean
Old 05-14-2015, 05:21 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBo View Post
Jesus's...will this never end?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "greed makes good people do bad things".

Bill S.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "greed makes good people do bad things".

Bill S.
Speaking of "not enough drama".....
Old 05-14-2015, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default unused VIN

I get the point: They are building cars based on un-used VIN numbers. Like Jaguar did.
Where does this start and end? Can one proceed after the last VIN of a sequence, or does there have to be a gap?

How about if they continue after 3363, or whatever the last one was, until they hit 4000?
To be safe, restart at 3400 - yet, leaving another gap for future generations ;-)

The point could be to proove that it's an old car, else you need a 17-digit VIN.
JBo likes this.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

I'm pretty damn greedy, but even I know this to be a Bad Thing.

But maybe we should let these people build these cars and call 'em whatever they like. Then maybe - just maybe - this whole sorry saga about the 'missing' (read: non-existent) 427's will actually stop? Or will we have another half-century of finding even more gaps to be filled??

Somebody please make it stop - my medication ain't strong enough.....
Dominik and db replicas like this.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
When you go back and read the article carefully no where do they say they are using original 1965 chassis. The quotes from the trust representative do not go so far as to say this, however, the language is misleading. They are "completing" the run of the 100 needed "competition" cars but then they talk of SC spec cars. Which are they doing S/C or comp cars? The original run was to be comp cars for homlogation.

My recollection of the entire "completion" car fiasco was that it was established there were no original chassis left. Is my recollection correct or am I imagining this? If that was already conceded how is it now that they found original chassis again?????

I think we are reading into the article too much but as noted it is misleading. You need to read it VERY carefully.

Also, AC never just shipped chassis to my knowledge. They were turn key minus in todays terms as someone already noted. The CSX chassis numbers would have already been stamped in by AC at the factory so why do numbers now need to be assigned? Also if the chassis are left from 1965 why did McClusky need to fit up jigs?. Buck and tooling for bodies yes but jigs for chassis? What for if they already exist?

I think what we will find is that this is a special run of "comp" Cobras to be finished to comp specs by DeBenedeste with all the bells and whistles or SC spec cars all assigned CSX 3000 numbers picking up where they left off with the last run of "completion cars" for which a premium will be charged for the 3000 serial number and for "charity".

My take.
Here was AC Cars reply to SA back in 1992. There were some chassis only shipments by AC Cars to SA, examples of this would be the Daytona Coupes. Another example would be CSX3001 known as the Bordinat Cobra. AC Cars did 'create' and stamp all the chassis numbers.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

If I had a bazillion dollars, I'd line up to buy one. Just because I could. Which is exactly why they would offer these.

And to Rodney's previous point, it would also be legally titled and driving the streets of So Cal without issue. ;-)
Old 05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

This brings up a good point. Regardless of the legitimacy of the cars in question, how in the world does anyone determine these will be "race only" cars? What could they possibly do to them to make them unable to register for public use- when scratch built and other types of cars can be readily registered at any time in most states.

The whole story just reeks of BS just like the original story of "completion cars" did and it is a matter of public record what happened the last go-around. These will be newly built cars identical to the "continuation series" but a little race car bling (or lack thereof) with a new name attached to them for gullible buyers to "invest" in.

Bob
Old 05-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
If I had a bazillion dollars, I'd line up to buy one. Just because I could. Which is exactly why they would offer these.

And to Rodney's previous point, it would also be legally titled and driving the streets of So Cal without issue. ;-)
Line up to buy what? A car that won't/can't be driven anywhere? I still call BS.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would feel real secure strapping in those 50 Year old seat belts.

!@#$%^&*
Old 05-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

One might wonder if this isn't some kind of loophole being used to allow SAI to sell directly to buyers and bypass their dealers once again, like the 50th anniversary editions?