Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #656 402 SR TW
Not Ranked     

A Harley Guy gave me the right Allen wrench to take out my thermostat at a mobile station
Old 06-05-2010, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mark III, Carbed Explorer 302
Not Ranked     

Got invited to a wedding....

Proud owner of FFR1004630RD '01 Explorer 302, FRPP B-Cam, Holley S/A 670, HD T-5, Wilwood pedals, 3 link, Koni shocks, 17" Bullett wheels, Baer brakes, Classic gauges, I-Squared wiring, Jaguar Racing Green w/Sliver Stripes

Tagged and road ready in NYSas of 6-5-09 Life is GREAT!

My build log http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/80663-my-cobra-build.html

If you live "Upstate" near Albany, NY send me a PM. Our Cobra gang is growing and looking for new members!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

A couple weeks ago I dropped my daughter off at school in the Cobra since she has been begging for a ride to school since the billboards came. Since they have morning playtime (she is in 2nd grade) a bunch of kids watched us come through the parking lot and mobbed her as soon as she hit the playground. When I got home from work I asked her about her day and she told me how all the kids, boys and girls, asked her what kind of car it was and was it fast and so forth. She tells them it's a Cobra, it has a manual transmission, yes it's fast and windy and loud and fun. She didn't remember the engine size but knew it had a 4bbl carburetor (she once helped me rebuild a Holley in the living room). She was queen of the second grade for a day or two. A barbie toting gear head in a foofy dress and hair bows who has Sabine Schmitz as one of her heroes after watching the van challenge on Top Gear. Mara Jade is another hero of hers for you geeks out there.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
A couple weeks ago I dropped my daughter off at school in the Cobra since she has been begging for a ride to school since the billboards came. Since they have morning playtime (she is in 2nd grade) a bunch of kids watched us come through the parking lot and mobbed her as soon as she hit the playground. When I got home from work I asked her about her day and she told me how all the kids, boys and girls, asked her what kind of car it was and was it fast and so forth. She tells them it's a Cobra, it has a manual transmission, yes it's fast and windy and loud and fun. She didn't remember the engine size but knew it had a 4bbl carburetor (she once helped me rebuild a Holley in the living room). She was queen of the second grade for a day or two. A barbie toting gear head in a foofy dress and hair bows who has Sabine Schmitz as one of her heroes after watching the van challenge on Top Gear. Mara Jade is another hero of hers for you geeks out there.
Very cool
Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Pulled the cover off the Kirkham the other day. Been a while since its seen daylight.

Sat admiring it for about 20 mins, acknowledging what a great decision it was to buy it.

Put the covers back on, wife asked why i had a smile on like the Chesire cat.

The best acknowledge from the harshest critic i know....me !

Soul.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Soul, sounds like ya shoulda turned a key!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

The daughter of a good friend of mine wants to have her senior picture taken with her in & around my Cobra.

She had a chance to have it them taken with a Lamborghini, but she picked my Cobra! Tells you that the girl has some good taste in cars!

The photo shoot is set up for July 24th., all I asked for was a couple of copies.

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This 4th I had the car in a parade up in Cayucos in central Cal. After the parade in which we got many thumbs up we parked the car in town. A woman walked by with 2 of her girlfriends. they were about 28 to 30 years old. one of them looks at me and says with a straight face, nice car but I guess when you put the grill on it will be finished. My wife and I look at each other and laughed for about five minutes. This girl was serious.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos View Post
This 4th I had the car in a parade up in Cayucos in central Cal. After the parade in which we got many thumbs up we parked the car in town. A woman walked by with 2 of her girlfriends. they were about 28 to 30 years old. one of them looks at me and says with a straight face, nice car but I guess when you put the grill on it will be finished. My wife and I look at each other and laughed for about five minutes. This girl was serious.
Steve, you didn't explain to her that having no grille made the ingestion of 'Vettes, Vipers, etc. easier???
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII 302/345 Mass-Flo
Not Ranked     

I was trailering the car back from the painter and got honked at and an enthusiastic thumbs up from a Vette owner. Are they supposed to do that?

FFR6043 Delivered 04/29/07 Non-donor. Legally on the road 07/08/09. Finished 08/09/10

These cars are kinda like a lightweight, precision guided sledgehammer.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I get waves all the time from Corvette owners. I know they don't realize I am also a Corvette owner, they just recognize a cool car when they see it.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

My wife and I were out this past Saturday night driving cross town and I came to a stop light. I was about 5-6 cars back in the left lane, there was one car at the light in the right lane. Next thing I know, a City Transit bus pulls up next to me and the bus driver gives me big thumbs up! He stopped 5 car lengths short of the next car and stayed there until the light changed! I have had cops in the past pay compliments to the car and even had one ask me to get on it, but never did I think the car could stop a bus!!!

Gun Doc
Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I live in South Surrey , BC , Canada and we have a cruizing strip down by the beach in another city named Whiterock close to my house and I always go down there with the hope to see a cobra go by , doesnt happen very often

I now have my own cobra and I am proud to say that last friday night I came upon the strip with literally hundreds of on lookers and my wife turned to me and said dont you dare , well what does a cobra guy do when he is dared.

He does this ....I went through the 1/4 mile strech of hundreds of people like I was in a parade and was sure to keep the RPM way up with a few blips for added attention , what a great feeling

There is nothing and I mean nothing on the road that sounds like a cobra !!!

Good times
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Vette drivers dont wave back to me at least. Their nose is up in the air, and heads up their butts.

Cobrarob, White rock is a nice place, haven't been there in a few years.
Its only 35 miles away, perhaps I should brave the boarder.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

dblbarrel

Drop me a PM if you get the itch to come over the border , we can cruise Whiterock together anytime

Rob
Old 07-20-2010, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My wife and I attended the annual cruise night in Glendale CA. About 450 cars. There were 5 other Cobras besides mine. 4 different people came by and asked why in the world would I bring a $1000,000 car to a show so people can put their hands on it? When I informed them that it wasn't an original, it is Backdraft replica, they smiled and walked away.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblbarrel View Post
Vette drivers dont wave back to me at least. Their nose is up in the air, and heads up their butts.

Cobrarob, White rock is a nice place, haven't been there in a few years.
Its only 35 miles away, perhaps I should brave the boarder.
You can find assholes in every make of car, even Cobras.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

An older woman complemented me on what a nice Jaguar I had.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Drove Little Cobra to work today. Going in was very early, got some waves from the few folks up and about. On the way home, at a stop, two girls in an SUV rolled their window down and asked: "Are you having fun? It looks like you are having a blast." A little later, a UPS truck pulled up on my left side at a light. I looked at driver. He looked at me and said: "That is the prettiest car I have seen in [he thought a bit] . . . at least five years. Really, really nice." I am a new owner, absolutely love this stuff. It's like I am a hanger on, just following in the wake of my celebrity Little Cobra, basking in the attention that her natural beauty draws.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas56 View Post
Drove Little Cobra to work today. Going in was very early, got some waves from the few folks up and about. On the way home, at a stop, two girls in an SUV rolled their window down and asked: "Are you having fun? It looks like you are having a blast." A little later, a UPS truck pulled up on my left side at a light. I looked at driver. He looked at me and said: "That is the prettiest car I have seen in [he thought a bit] . . . at least five years. Really, really nice." I am a new owner, absolutely love this stuff. It's like I am a hanger on, just following in the wake of my celebrity Little Cobra, basking in the attention that her natural beauty draws.
Get used to it. Almost EVERY drive is like that!

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)