Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Recognition

I was at a large car show two weeks ago. There were several hundred beautiful cars, some very old and some new. My 67 Cobra was the hit of the show though. Every kid wanted his picture taken by my car. I felt bad for some of the other owners since nobody was paying attention to their cars. It just goes to show that the original Cobras truly were "Americas Car" (even though they came from England). People of all ages love that look.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Ford Racing 347
Not Ranked     

While I had new tires put on, a beautiful Aston Martin DB7 Volante is getting a new tire in the bay right next to my Cobra. Several people walked over to talk to me and snap pictures of the Cobra not even glancing at the Aston. Made me feel great.

Also, the car was on display at the Darryl Starbird show here in Tulsa. While I was gone a guy came up to our group and said the Cobra belonged to his friend. After some back and forth it turns out someone had taken pictures of the car, put them on facebook and claimed the car was his!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Took my first drive in my new Cobra yesterday and I stopped for gas and had 3 different people come up to talk about the car. One guy with his 10 year son asked if they could take pictures and I said sure do you want to sit in it for the picture? The kid was very excited to do that.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 03-31-2014, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I finished my build in early January and last Friday was the first time I actually drove and stopped somewhere other than a gas station. It was a Visionworks to pick up my new glasses. The storefront is glass and literally everyone inside stopped to look at the car. When I went inside I learned that one of the employees had told a group that it is a vintage Ferrari...
KevinW likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

I was driving slowly down an alley to a friends house yesterday, and went past a father and his young son, (probably 5 or 6). The boy was just staring at the car with his mouth open. As I went past heard him shout to his dad "That's a really cool car!"

Nice to see Cobra's have the same effect on today's kids as they did to us when we were young.
KevinW likes this.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was one of my first rides in my guardsman blue 460 Superformance about a months ago. Standing at an intersection and across from me was a beautiful Porsche 964RSR. As we passed and gave each other the thumb up, I recognized the driver in the 964 - it was Walter Röhrl with a big grin in his face.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I was out last Sunday for the first ride of 2014 and a local OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) liked it so much he gave me a $110.00 ticket for no front license plate.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane, High Perf 289V8
Not Ranked     

I had pulled into a gas station to fill up the car and while waiting for the tank to fill a big white limo pulls in. Everyone pilled out of the limo and some of them went into the restroom. All the guys came over to drool on the car. They were the wedding party and asked if they could get their picture taken while sitting in the car. I said sure and put the car keys in my pocket. While they were getting there picture taken one at a time the bride and bridesmaids came back from the restroom. After the groom got his picture taken the bride comes over and kisses me on the cheek and says that is for letting her husband sit in the car. Man did that ever make my day!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW313 View Post
It was one of my first rides in my guardsman blue 460 Superformance about a months ago. Standing at an intersection and across from me was a beautiful Porsche 964RSR. As we passed and gave each other the thumb up, I recognized the driver in the 964 - it was Walter Röhrl with a big grin in his face.
Like that? Walter was one of my heros back when I was young and got the first taste of burning rubber and race fuel. I admire this man.

Juergen, schoene gruesse nach hause, hals und beinbruch!
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 04-15-2014, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby, 427FE stroked to 511 cid
Not Ranked     

I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic in Laguna Beach, CA, a couple of weeks ago and noticed the guy in the pickup truck in the lane to my right was leaning out the drivers window with what looked like a metal pole in his hand. Based on the way he had the pole extended towards my car, I thought he was trying to touch my car, so I "some what" yelled at him and he jumped and raised the pole to show me he had a GoPro camera on the end of his camera pole and was getting the sound of my pipes recorded, along with the car, so he could share it with his friends. He continued to try and stay beside me in the traffic as he recorded more of the "sights and sounds" of my Cobra.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.M.
Not Ranked     

About a year ago, when I first got the cobra I was getting on the freeway from fueling up. No one in front of me on the on-ramp. so I proceeded to bang thru the gears. I was easily doing 120+ and as I came across a section of the sound wall with an opening where the CHP liike to sit back and not be seen. I saw him and I knew I was done for.

The question was, am i going to be towed and 2 points added to my license or get a ticket and be on my merry way. Slowing down to 60 and moving to the slow lane, like I was going to blend into traffic and not be seen, he caught up to me, moved right behind me and got on the load speaker and kindly ask me
"can you keep it at 65 sir" I raised my hand , gave the universal "o.k." he than pulled up next to me, gave me a thumps up and was on his way...

So now I make sure I pass that point in the sound wall at 65 everytime
RET_COP likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: StreetBeasts, 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

That's really cool, and what good citizenship should look like. Cop give a friendly reminder, you understood, and the law is respected. Everyone wins.
RET_COP likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

The Gobra won the People's Choice Award at the 2013 Big Bend Open Road Race Car Show. This was the third race for the car at the event.
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444
Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

I was asked what year Lotus is that?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysic View Post
...I was going to blend into traffic and not be seen...
Only possible when you drive a Prius
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 04-17-2014, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary cobra
Not Ranked     

I drive mine on a daily almost so I get that stuff all the time but I love it when the kids stop to see it I consistently let them sit in it and take pictures in it.
Mdman352 likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My FFR#4299 After 12 years of Design changes and modifications was interred in the 2014 World of Wheels Car Show , The car one first place in its class with a big trophy and won Best Sports Car and a Plaque and 100.00 Check from World of Wheels . First Show First Win , We felt really good about that . I would love to show prints and a video .
Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
I was out last Sunday for the first ride of 2014 and a local OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) liked it so much he gave me a $110.00 ticket for no front license plate.
No front plate required in Saskatchewan.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR '65 Daytona Coupe
Not Ranked     
Default Kit Car Builder magazine photo

Well, if you click on the link and go to page 44 you will find a photo of me with the Daytona at Harris Hill Raceway!

Kit Car Builder May June 2014
Old 05-10-2014, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austexican View Post
Well, if you click on the link and go to page 44 you will find a photo of me with the Daytona at Harris Hill Raceway!

Kit Car Builder May June 2014
Cool!

By the way, there are now over 1,000 posts on this thread.