What is TVR?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

TVR is british sports car manufacturer
founded 1946
they have got range of roadster and coupes with big engine in the front and RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibr8k4vetts View Post
What is TVR?

Last edited by Ozgur_Tan; 12-12-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Old 12-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Isn't that what the Griffith was made from?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

yes
make: TVR
model: Griffith
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI Cobra View Post
Isn't that what the Griffith was made from?
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CCX-3-3624, 351w, 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Not sure if this counts.....but it is my first award.....
Old 12-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

My car was just chosen for the 2011 FE Calendar. It is the feature car for June. Kinda cool.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

What a great thread.

The Cobra always got plenty of attention, and you get used to waving at kids on the motorway...and hearing whistles...getting the "Thumbs Up " as you drive by etc.

Took my Mum for a drive through Surfers Paradise, ...she asked why everyone was tooting horns and waving...

Told her that they must have heard she was visiting the Gold Coast, and they were all excited about seeing her !!!

We have plenty of chances to "Show off" in the Cobras here, so we get plenty of head turning ......the weather is great, and plenty to do.

We did the drivers parades for many years at the Gold Coast Indy...Loads of fun !

This was the 2005 parade with the Indy Winner, Sebastien Bourdais...

Love that "Hard Butt" award !!!....

I know EXACTLY what that means....

I had my Black and Yellow " Bumblebee" for 6 years and drove it approximately 140,000 kilometers ( 87,500 miles ) in that time.

Nothing better than after a crappy day...getting home, and disappearing in the Cobra for an hour or so.
Tried to drive it almost every day...

Some BIG trips up and down Australia...race meetings...car shows etc. etc.

Loved it, and miss it a great deal.

Sold it almost 2 years ago, to build the new one...

It's almost finished , and I'm busting to get back on the road again.

In the mean time , I've been getting my Cobra "Fix" in my track Cobra...

It's brilliant fun on the track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-nTzCotBnU

...(lightweight with a 347 Windsor )

Terrific fun,but really miss the trips on the open road.

My Butt has gone soft !!!!....need to get back on the road again !!

Cheers,

Warren.

Last edited by Wazza; 12-13-2010 at 04:47 PM..
Old 12-13-2010, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, I'm not a big fan of modern looking cobras, but that "bumblebee" is a sharp looking car! FWIW, the "no seat" is not a figurative term for the miles I put on the car....being 6' 5" and 280lbs, literally removing the drivers seat is the only way I can fit in the cobra!!! Mark
Old 12-14-2010, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Thanks....It was a bit different looking, but It turned heads wherever I drove it...it was good for "showing off" that's for sure.

Didn't realize it would take me two years to get this far on the new one....sure miss jumping into a Cobra for a blast every day.....

The new one should be on the road early next year....really looking forward to it.

Hope Santa brings you a nice Cobra pillow to sit on for Christmas...

Cheers,
Warren
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

Just got the 2011 FE calendar, Butler #86 is the June Centerfold....and she is also appearing in the new Kit Car Builder (Feb issue) on page 22.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with modified 351 Windsor
Not Ranked     

I can't tell you how many hours it's taken me to read every one of these stories. Love it! I can relate to a number of posts.
Here's a memorable one for me. I'm going down this four lane road when I notice a SUV up ahead slow down a little until I catch up. Well I'm looking up, and dontcha know he lowers all the windows on the side I'm on and keeps pace with me just to hear the sound. So I get up to a stop light and blip the throttle and another guy in a nondescript sedan pulls up on my left and just lets out this big WHOOP. He actually made me laugh because all I could hear was his yell. So I blipped it a couple more times as he slowly rolled past and got nothing but thumbs up! Great fun, gotta say! Lost count of the number of times I've stopped for gas and wound up talking for like 5 minutes. Keep 'em coming!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

I wrote about our terrible defeat in the November First Friday Night Rally when the alternator support bolt broke.

Santa Monica's December 2010 First Friday Night Rally finished at the Round Table Pizza place in Canyon Country. Your Team Cobra took first place.

The January 2011 First Friday Night Rally also finished at the Round Table Pizza place in Canyon Country. Your Team Cobra took first place again to make it two in a row! It was a little chilly on this one. My electric jacket kept me toasty though.

I have to be honest. These TSD rallies are pretty tricky. You need a great Navigator. I am fortunate to have one of the best. Why not come out to the next one on February 4 and try to beat us? You will want to read (and memorize) the rules on http://www.smscc.org very carefully to be prepared. Or contact me and I will set you up with a good Navigator.

RS
Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just sold our 69 SS Chevelle, the first question is always you still have the Cobra? Then the conversation is about the two seater!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA 351W
Not Ranked     

Several years ago, I had my FIA at a local car show. I noticed a gentleman who took a lot of interest in the car. He looked at every aspect of the car from headlights to taillights for about 45 minutes. He was very respectful and never touched the car but he looked at everything. I was just standing a short distance away watching the car as I always did at car shows.

When he finished, he came over to me and asked if it was my car. I said it was thinking he wanted to buy it. After complimenting the car he told me that he had owned an original 289 slab side when he was younger that he bought used and that my car was 3 times the car that the original car was.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfordman View Post
Warren, I'm not a big fan of modern looking cobras, but that "bumblebee" is a sharp looking car! FWIW, the "no seat" is not a figurative term for the miles I put on the car....being 6' 5" and 280lbs, literally removing the drivers seat is the only way I can fit in the cobra!!! Mark

Mark, So that makes you a hard ass? John AKA, tin-man
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351w
Not Ranked     

I've just read through all of these posts, wow! The first story I have was the day I bought my car in May of 2010, I am driving it the 350 miles home and at the first town I get to a little kid 7-8 yells at me, "Cool car Man!". Then had a 5k the next day and the female winner in my 20-24 age group asks to get the picture with me by the car. Very cute and athletic, awesome! The best time was taking it on a 500 mile trip to St. Louis for a wedding, I ended up meeting my current girlfriend there, and will be getting engaged soon. I'd like to think the car didn't have anything to do with it, but who knows. I always get compliments on it whenever I take it out though.
I believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 879, Indigo Blue / Wimbledon White, 428 Cobrajet, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmatth View Post
I've just read through all of these posts, wow! The first story I have was the day I bought my car in May of 2010, I am driving it the 350 miles home and at the first town I get to a little kid 7-8 yells at me, "Cool car Man!". Then had a 5k the next day and the female winner in my 20-24 age group asks to get the picture with me by the car. Very cute and athletic, awesome! The best time was taking it on a 500 mile trip to St. Louis for a wedding, I ended up meeting my current girlfriend there, and will be getting engaged soon. I'd like to think the car didn't have anything to do with it, but who knows. I always get compliments on it whenever I take it out though.
JB...

Great story!!

Next time you come up to STL, look up our local club and join us on one of our many get togethers. www.gatewaycobraclub.com
Old 01-27-2011, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Another advantage of keeping the car uncovered while in winter storage.Our car is surrounded by Harleys and we just had a Boss Hoss delivered the other night.Once the bike business was done the drivers were all over the Cobra.Yup it sure feels good.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I stopped in at a Starbucks without my Cobra and on the way in I noticed a nice vett in the parking lot. I got my coffee and was adding cream and a guy looks at me and says "Is that your Corvette?". With a perplexed look on my face I say no. I kept wondering what about me made that guy think the corvette was mine? I didn't pay any attention to it coming in. Maybe I've finnaly arrived and look so great people just assume a cool dude like me probably drives a Vette. About 30 minutes later I realized I was wearing my new Shelby Performance t-shirt! I'm assuming now he saw a Shelby t-shirt and assumed I had a Cobra at home and I was getting coffee in my daily driver! It's just my beater, my real car is at home in the garage! We got a laugh out of that. Just one more way a Cobra will change your life....
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Perhaps a bit off the original topic, but what is really cool, is when people recognize me and start a conversation when I am not even driving the cobra.... There have been many times when people I don't know or have never met approach me and say, "Hey, don't you drive that cobra?". At the gas station, sandwich shop, grocery store, or auto parts store when I am driving my truck. Have had it happen many times. That's when the "rock star effect" of owning/driving one of these cars really sinks in.