Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Just ribbing Slowy

Duncan's in Croydon. He's done a few Cobras. I'll pm you his number.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB supercharged 5.4
Not Ranked     

agreed with Sambo Duncans "the man"
Old 10-05-2014, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for the heads up.

I'd like to look at a few trimmer's work so might raise anew thread on trimming.

However I know if I ask a few bodies at Marty's shed I'll et some options too.

Paul

You need to clear your messages too, you're full, so I can't PM you.

Cheers

S
Old 10-05-2014, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Done. Check Rob H's interior for an example of Duncan's work.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Some further small updates

Seems life and even death continues to get in the way of my cobra build but a few small updates to show that I'm still on the case.

Needed to cut back the top of the new style radiator frame to stop it rubbing on the underside of the bodywork. The angle grinding was actually quite obstructed by access but a slow approach got the job done without errant marks to the body.

The driver's side was the worst as noted by the gouge in the fibreglass. However nothing that Greg won't be able to fix I am sure.

As part of the preparation for paint Greg wanted hanging panels, rubber seals and all latches fitted. Getting the bonnet back on and latching made it look more like a car again.

The boot lid was similarly hung and ready to go too.

And I thought I'd see how I went revisiting some of the polished stainless that has suffered from exposure during the rebuild. Used a calico buff on a drill in the vice and managed to achieve this finish on a frame cover.

Not too bad using some pretty basic materials so I will revisit some of the other parts whilst the car is soon away on holidays with the painter.

Am hoping I can hand over the beast in the next few weeks as I've pretty much done all that was needed to prepare it for that final touch.

Cheers
Aussie Mike and guye like this.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Further advancement

A couple of simple photos to describe a good milestone.

The car on its boots in the shed yesterday, didn't remember how low they were given it had been sitting on supports for eons.

Then voila nothing......

A painter bloke with a trailer has hijacked the car to do its makeup it seems.

So now I have time to tidy up the garage somewhat, do some research on trimming and await the call as to when the painting is finished - woo hoo.

Cheers
Aussie Mike, guye, sambo and 5 others like this.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That Pinarello pushie in the garage is probably worth as much as the paint job......
lovehamr and Dimis like this.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
That Pinarello pushie in the garage is probably worth as much as the paint job......
Looks like slowy has a envoked N+1s rule for bikes.
I count at least 3.

Hit me up when you thinking of next jumping on your bike for a spin Slowy!

Last edited by Dimis; 12-04-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 12-04-2014, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nice spotting Towy and yes nearly as much as the paint is going to cost.

Mind you the bride and I are in the process of re-financing ostensibly to cover the cost of a new kitchen for SWMBO.

However the spreadsheet I wrote up to calculate the overall loan happened to include a replacement new bike frame in a size better suited to me. The FP7 in the picture is too big so am getting a nice Pino Paris replacement upgrade soon.

Re-financing also covered cobra paint, trim and a contingency for making it get all the way back to rego. All this passed the Treasurer's assent so all good. Happy wife happy life as they say!!

Dimis

The bike to the left of shot is the wife's treadly but yes have the FP7 and the first bike I bought a Giant TCR are on the right.

Be at the corner of St Kilda Esplanade and North Rd. tomorrow morning at 7am and you can join in with the group I ride with mate. Normally ride down to say Patto or Frankston and back.

Cheers

Steve
Towmaster likes this.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Slowy done!
See you then!

You can bring the umbrella.
Forecast says rain!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pm sent
Thx
Old 12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ah bluddy storms....

Seems I'll be cleaning up in the garage later this morning rather than riding.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another small update from Marty's shed this afternoon. Though no photos - sorry!

Had sent the car to the painter via Marty's factory to get Marty to fit up my over-rider assemblies front and rear.

I had picked up this over-rider set a long time ago second hand and had them re-chromed to look a treat. However as normal they didn't match what tends to be the "standard" bolting layout (whatever standard really is in this case) and have needed some extra attention to fit up.

I did start ages ago to try and layout alignments and quickly gave that up as a mis-guided attempt, fortunately it would appear. Given Marty's experience it was far better for me to have him locate and then fit these up than I, and judging by the front set all bolted up, they look a treat.

However as an example, the front set were offset bolted onto fixings that had used the standard chassis mount locations, because the over-rider bolt fittings were of different width separation to the chassis set up!

There is a small bit of work to finish off the rear riders including assembly of a nudge bar and I understand the car is then off to Greg's massage and paint parlour for some bodywork TLC.

So I am now seriously looking at trimmer options guys, so a revisit on possible trimmer options is requested.

Duncan Skinner is top of list presently, but then it is so far a list of one - lol

But seriously any thoughts on likely trimmers would be appreciated.

They will be doing the full nine yards, interior including seats, boot, tonneau and soft top!

Look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers guys and gals

And an early Merry Christmas and Happy NY to you all.

Ciao

Steve
Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Belated progress update

Trust you are all over the Christmas, NY and Straya day events and starting to get back into the work swing of things. I'm still ramping up so not yet over-loaded.

Whilst on holidays I took the bride up to Greg's place to see how preparations had progressed. The details as per the photos below.

No more yellow guide coat, at 7 years old it just wasn't cutting it anymore - lol

The rump including Marty's handiwork mounting the rear over-riders and bumper.

And the troublesome passenger door that is going to need some filling atop to be able to square it off. This may cause grief with the window frame already made to suit. We will see.

These photos were prior to any serious re-gapping being tackled, however that has since happened and am reliably told it will be about a week to full priming and then onwards to final coating.

Have also since been to see Duncan for trimming and have settled on the various fabrics and colours to get the whole shooting match made in one hit. It isn't going to be cheap but then quality work never is.

I am planning on fabricating the various cockpit kick panels before trimming so can see a short period between trades but I am planning on focussing my energies in this regard to make it happen.

In terms of body-paint protection while I do this and the later work of refitting gear, what sort of covers/sheets are suggested?

Cheers
mando s likes this.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

Tylden trim in New Gisborne Slowy if your still looking at trim options (54288873 ). He did mine and Im very happy with it and he was very reasonable with coin.
Cheers
Chris L
Old 01-27-2015, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris thanks for the alternate trimmer option but getting to Croydon was bad enough so heading far far west to your bloke just isn't going to happen -ha!

Anyway though a bit above the budgeted figure I had in my refinancing package, I am happy to go with Duncan as I did add a contingency value, so all is covered.

Cheers

Steve
Old 01-27-2015, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

I have to admit I like the bumpers and the over riders myself and I remember fitting them to my old car and thinking to myself I better not stuff it up lol . your car is coming along nice cant wait too see it trimmed and in paint .
cheers deano
Old 01-27-2015, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Duncan the trimmer

Slowly,

You will not be dissapointed with his work.

Duncan trimmed the Daytona, on budget,on time and a FANTASTIC JOB.

Stiffy
Old 01-28-2015, 12:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys

Yes Deano even just getting paint will be an almighty leap forward.

It'll will be bright I can promise you that. And I think the interior colours we've chosen will set it all off nicely.

And yes Herr stiffness, Paul's interior is a work of art, so am looking forward to the finished job in our car.

Took the view you only really get one chance to do this properly so bugger the expense.

Cheers
deano59 likes this.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

slowly
just wondering what colour scheme are you going for & do you have a sample piece we can see
or just the colour will do till pics are posted
rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: