Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   AP2289 Build log 'stage 2' (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/137611-ap2289-build-log-stage-2-a.html)

ssv ute 02-02-2021 11:42 AM

Car is looking fantastic Glen, When do you envisage motor and gearbox will be in?
Can I ask what diameter master cylinders you are using for front and rear brakes and also clutch?

Cheers
Richard

xb-60 02-09-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv ute (Post 1488492)
Car is looking fantastic Glen, When do you envisage motor and gearbox will be in?
Can I ask what diameter master cylinders you are using for front and rear brakes and also clutch?

Cheers
Richard

Sorry Richard.....haven't looked here for a while. I'll have a look for the m/cyl sizes :)

Cheers,
Glen

xb-60 02-09-2021 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mockup exhaust :rolleyes:

Attachment 35691

Cheers!
Glen

tkb289 02-23-2021 06:12 PM

Hi Glen,

Do I get the sense that with this ... :rolleyes: ... in your post, that you are less than serious with this mock up? You have been a stickler for attention to detail and this in not in keeping with the rest of the build. Having a bit of fun are we? ;)

- Tim

xb-60 02-23-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkb289 (Post 1489530)
Hi Glen,

Do I get the sense that with this ... :rolleyes: ... in your post, that you are less than serious with this mock up? You have been a stickler for attention to detail and this in not in keeping with the rest of the build. Having a bit of fun are we? ;)

- Tim

Well picked Tim, but you took a while :D
Yes, it's the plastic tube from my junked Ryobi blower/vac.
Don't know how it got to be there...must have been my workshop manager....

Gaz64 02-24-2021 02:05 PM

Thought you had a screamer pipe coming out with your side pipe, so a turbo we don't know about yet? :rolleyes:

patrickt 02-24-2021 04:44 PM

Dang, and I kinda liked it.:cool:

xb-60 02-24-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1489554)
Dang, and I kinda liked it.:cool:

It would look even better on your car, Patrick. If you pay the postage charge, I'll let you have it for nothing :3DSMILE:

Alfa02 02-25-2021 12:57 AM

Good job Glen, keeping us on our toes ;) Everything good with you? I've been busy moving to my "last" home "fingers crossed". Plus weather here is not Cobra driving yet. Been busy buying & selling new & old friends Cobras, this could turn into a business :) Cheers Buddy, TommyRot.

xb-60 03-10-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv ute (Post 1488492)

Cheers
Richard

Richard....I finally got around to it.

For master cylinder sizing (street use), I have 5/8" (16mm) for the front circuit and the rear m/cyl at 3/4" (19mm)

Clutch m/cyl size is 3/4"

Note: wheels are 15", discs sized accordingly

Cheers!
Glen

ssv ute 03-11-2021 11:42 AM

Thanks Glen,
That's reassuring as those are exactly the same as what I ended up with for my application. The Wilwood help line suggested I used 7/8" for rears and 3/4" for fronts but I found brake pedal force required was excessive. Just wanted to compare with someone else. I know there are other variables like pedal ratio's and calliper piston sizes to consider as well. My clutch feel and travel is excellent with the 3/4" master.

Cheers
Richard

xb-60 03-12-2021 04:48 PM

Yes, the 3/4" and 7/8" F/R sizes are more for competition use rather than road use.

Cheers,
Glen

xb-60 03-22-2021 12:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Greetings!

Steering wheel height is described elsewhere, so will just post the pictures here to keep the build thread 'happy' ;)

Here's a pic of the spacers that determine the height of the steering wheel....

Attachment 35815

And here's the view ahead over the steering wheel....

Attachment 35816

Visibility of the speedo and tacho is better than I had expected, and access (to driver's seat) is not affected significantly :)

Cheers!
Glen

1795 03-22-2021 03:39 AM

Glen,

Nice to see that this may work. As with most things in life, it is a fine balance between what would be perfect, what we want, what's practical, and what is realistic. The goal is recognizing that there is a balance and not getting stuck.

Take care,

Jim

xb-60 04-12-2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1795 (Post 1490631)
Glen,

....a fine balance between what would be perfect, what we want, what's practical, and what is realistic....

Jim, that describes the decisions made regarding a Cobra replica - and particularly one that you build yourself :JEKYLHYDE - extremely well

Cheers!
Glen

xb-60 04-12-2021 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spent a couple of hours out there today. Now have the RHS door catch cover trimmed and fitted.

Attachment 35971

I intend to cover the inner side of the doors with leather, but still tossing up how to do it. The intrusion bar in the door is nice to have, but makes a door 'pocket' harder to achieve.
The leather strap works nicely.

Cheers!
Glen

ssv ute 04-17-2021 12:25 AM

I like your new Avatar Glen, great photo, very classy.

Richard

xb-60 04-17-2021 03:03 AM

Thanks Richard. It's a challenge to capture good photos in my tiny, tiny garage ;)

Cheers!
Glen

xb-60 04-28-2021 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added (interior) door handles. Non-standard from original, but then doesn't that describe my car? :3DSMILE:

Attachment 36060

They are tucked-in well and are not obvious unless you're seated in the car.

Cheers!
Glen

xb-60 04-28-2021 11:27 PM

Also, the dash assembly is looking a little closer to the final result.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=19583

It's replicating an English car, hence the Smiths gauges.
OK, there's a SW gauge thrown in for good measure :D

Steering wheel will be used to keep some people happy when it's initially on the road; I have a Moto-Lita split-centre wheel to go in its place.

Cheers!
Glen