MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 05-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Sun and 66, what a day for a drive.

The oldest son is graduating. What a day!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Hi all, Just got back from breakfast at Cracker Barrel and a trip to Sam's and Wally World.....83 degrees here and muggy.....feeling a lot better, now if the pain would just go away. It's tough not being able to pick up my Lovely Grandaughter......
Old 05-29-2005, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Downer time, sorry- I need your prayers, EOM Guys.

Little girl, age 14, one of my favourite "Cobra Buddies."

Dirt poor, no father figure, mother epilectic on total disability... she can't even drive.

For whatever reason, little girl tried suicide, she damned near made it. OD'd on everything she could swallow, thank God for Medevac choppers.

She's in an institution for several weeks for observation.

Not a cool thing for a kid her age.

She loves my little blue car, told her mother that one of the happiest days of her young life was when I came by and drove her around town on a Saturday afternoon and we went to all her friend's homes.

So they could see her in the Cobra.

The next week I was told that her self-esteem was sky-high, she was 'way cool with her friends.

I never dreamed that a little blue car would have therapeutic value.

Then this little gem of a girl OD's.

Pray for Marissa, please. She's worth it, you gotta trust me.

Thank all of you

UT
Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Not Ranked     

Good to see you back UT, even if it is on a sad note.....our prayers will be there for you and moreso her.......
Old 05-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
UT,

I was asking about you the other day. Glad to have you back with us but really sad that it took such a devastating occurance to get you back. You will have my prayers rest assured. Wish there was more that I could do. Have faith and if there is anything at all I can do to help just e-mail me even if it is just to vent and yell at someone. Keep reminding her of your little blue car and that once she is well, she can ride in it more. Take her picture in it and let her have it so she can show it around. That will give her something to look at when things seem to be going bad. God Bless and on this special day, you and she will receive many prayers.

Hmm, I see that Kristen has changed the tag line above her Avatar again.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 05-30-2005 at 06:59 AM..
Old 05-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hey, UT. we're thinking of you and your young friend.

Where is everybody???
Played 42 this weekend. won again!
gotta get working on those tires!!
Kristen
Old 05-31-2005, 06:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

I got a $20 dollar check from H.P. for a poll that I took. they entered names into a drawing and I won that much. First time I have ever did a poll and gotten anything out of it.

Ron

Old 05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Hey Ron, Steve;

Those barking things ever work out? I will get one if they seem to work. Nearly drowned the dog the other night with a super soaker. Will empty all 116oz in two bursts of a few seconds each. Now it runs to the other side of their property when I open the door.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, Brent. Steve is on the wild west adventure. (On family vacation)

first coat of paint on tires. What a job!!! Second coat later tonight or tomorrow. Then touch up with a sharpie.... (gonna need about 3 sharpies, I'm afraid....

will take pics and post directly.
on my way to softball scrimmage, and drop off #2 son for football conditioning workout.
had to take a little break awhile ago to put together a disney princess sno cone machine.

Now I have white paint and blue raspberry flavoring all over my hands. ugghh.

at least it's blue and white

hoodlums want the computer. no way. not while I'm gone!!!

14 & 15 year olds, home alone..... I don't think so.

seeya later.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Forgot Steve was out. Ron???
Old 05-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

right side tires have second coat. Pooped out. going to bed. will second coat left side tomorrow. then the sharpie, then a quick call to Mr. Morris, and we are back in business!!!! Tulsa, here I come!!! Haven't seen trularin all weekend. How terrific his son graduated!! yea!!!!
Fred hasn't been popping in here lately, either. hmmm. holiday weekend, I guess. I sure didn't go anywhere.

Ron usually posts in the morning. Earl hasn't been around in a couple of days either.

oh well, everybody gets going outside this time of year.

g'nite!!!
k
Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

p.s. Mike, oh Mike??? Where is our young friend??
I believe he has discovered the opposite sex; he is now AWOL from CC!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey CG, I posted Sunday about 3pm......Monday spent relaxin as much as I could...lots of pain if I move too much....Good friend came and visited a little while on Monday...went to inlaws for dinner...all in all nice day.....today was pretty good too, if this dagum pain would just "STAY" away....haven't been takin any pain pills cause they make me loopy and constipppppppppated!

A few of the guys are coming this weekend for another build party, which I will have to "watch" most of, but they great guys and I look forward to it.

Oh well, time to go hit the hay......nite all........
Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Brent,

I have been busy the past few days but have a few minutes this mornig before I leave for my yearly eye doctors appointment. As for the dog barking machine, I just can't say positively, but since I put it out there that one only barks now when there is someone or another dog on the street and he stops as soon as they get past. As for the one that is farther away, I got a nice sling shot and he has stopped now. Darn, those small steel balls are accurate and must sting like all get out.
I hope to have more time to post and read posts as I finally got all the mowing done and most of the sun burn has started to heal. May even take the Cobra out if it stays below 90 today.

Kristen,

Didn't Lil Mike say he was going to work for his Uncle as a roofer after school was out? If he is doing that, he is probably to tired to post after working all day. If he has discovered girls, he is to busy to post.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 06-01-2005 at 06:05 AM..
Old 06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

If Mike is roofing AND chasing girls, he is, no doubt, too pooped to post!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

If Mike is chasing girls, he had better start looking for two full time jobs.

Just got back from the eye doctor. Left eye worse and have to have lens changed for the first time in 4 years. Also have the beginning signs of cateracts in both eyes but doctor said it would be at least 10 years before they are a problem. Then came home and went to pick up my nerve pills and what a shock. Our little local pharmachy had to sell out as the Great State of Calif. was bankrupting him with more and more taxes and crap. Rite Aid bought it and my medicine went from $46 a month to $148. I told the guy to take it himself and came home and called one of the pharmacies about 12 miles from me and they said it would cost $80 for a refill there so I will drive up there. Don't tell me that Rite Aid is paying so much more for that nerve medicine than any other pharmacy. But I have known Bob for over 30 years and he was selling it to me at what it cost him. So I know that Rite Aid is not paying any more with the amounts they buy. I called Rite Aid back as they had said they would match any price I could find that was better than theirs, and they told me that I would have to go in each month and get a note from this other pharmacy that was what they would charge me. Sh**, if I have to drive up there for a note each month like a kid, then I will buy it there. Just venting, as this was a real shock and with no type of insurance, my medical bills are really eating me up. But I will survive in spite of Rite Aid.

Edit: Just called COSTCO and they will sell me my medicine at $48 dollars per refill. Called Rite Aid and they told me they won't meet COSTCOs prices as they don't consider them a pharmacy or some such BS. So now I feel better as the COSTCO store is right across the street from my Vets and about a 20 minute drive.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 06-01-2005 at 12:48 PM..
Old 06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds to me like Rite Aid needs to change there name to Rape Aid. That "is" ridicoulous, but not the first time I 've heard of this happening. Glad you found an alterernative in Costco. Sorry I missed you IM, I had gone to pick up some spark plugs....not being able to drive yet I am at the mercy of the wife and have to go when she is ready, so I just walked away and left the computer signed on.

Last edited by EarlsflyinCobra; 03-04-2008 at 07:58 AM..
Old 06-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Earl,

Don't worry. I was just on AOL and saw that you were logged in and thought that if you felt up to it we could chat a minute. Glad that you are feeling well enough to get out and do some things. To hot and humid here right now to do much.
Yea, the Rite Aid thing really got to me. And the fact that when I walked in there were already 4 people at the counter screaming and cussing didn't help. Two threw their stuff back and walked out. The guy at the counter acted as if he was doing people a big favor by even getting their medicine for them. I can drive that 20 minutes once a month for over $100 dollars less for the medicine. And I am in that area at least three or four timesa month anyway as that is where Target, WalMart, Office Depot, and all of the major stores are located is in that 6 block area. I still don't understand how Rite Aid can claim that COSTCO isn't a pharmacy as they accept the prices from other stores that have Pharmacies in them. And all Pharmacists have to be licensed.

Ron

Old 06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We switched from Rite-Aid since they couldn't read. I am supposed to take "one pill twice daily", that's verbatim on the bottle. They were giving me 30 pills for the month. I said I take two a day, they said "It says take one pill". I said the other half says "TWICE DAILY". Morons. Never filled on time either. I could call 24 hours ahead and it was still a 30 minute wait as they filled it. Morons.

Did I mention the the local Rite aid is run by Morons.

Also, My contacts are cheaper at WalMart then they are at Costco. Go figure.

Ron, I don't know that some health insurance is going to help anyway. My wife had some nausea pills prescribed and they were $280 with the insurance.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey all, just woke up from a 5 hour nap.....now I'll probably be up all night....must have over done it some today as just after I finished my above post I started feeling like a mule kicked me.

Ron, when I went in to the doctor two weeks ago when I was feeling really sick I think he used some shock therapy on me. He prescribed an antibiotic that was $58 for 4 pills and told me if they did not work the next prescription was $800 per pill....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucch!!!!!!!!! Glad the cheap ones worked.

A few of the Florida guys are hopefully coming this weekend for another build party...looking forward to it. Thanks to the help of a "great" friend I was able to get some parts this week and have only had to sell duplicate parts on EBAY. What a great bunch of people we have here on "CC".

I was just watching "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen with the chase scene.....noticing all of the bloopers.....sure missed them way back when.

Wheres Lil Mikie.....spending too much time with those KK Calender girls?????????????????